Start by marking “Soul Revolution: How Imperfect People Become All God Intended” as Want to Read:
Soul Revolution: How Imperfect People Become All God Intended

Soul Revolution: How Imperfect People Become All God Intended

You’ve heard it all before. The promises for a better life get tiresome after awhile, because you know they don’t deliver. However, they do touch on a profound and inescapable truth. You were created to live your life out of a rewarding, richly textured relationship with God and others—and deep down, you long to experience that kind of life. But how? Are you willing to dev ...more
Published July 29th 2008 by Zondervan (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Soul Revolution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soul Revolution

Josh Wilson
Apr 07, 2013 Josh Wilson rated it really liked it
Shelves: formation
John Burke, Soul Revolution
John Burke’s book Soul Revolution challenges the reader with one simple, yet powerful idea-living in the presence of God. Burke explains that success in the Christian life does not come from trying harder but from abiding in the presence of the Spirit.
Burke begins by describing the varying strategies people adhere to, consciously or unconsciously, to find fulfillment. Borrowing theology from Lewis, he proposes that God revealed in Jesus is the source of satisfaction
Rick Robie
Nov 06, 2014 Rick Robie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: great-book
This is the second book I have read by Mr. Burke and I am looking forward to reading a third. Soul Revolution is second in what seems to be a 3 book series. The last book in the series (Mud and the Masterpiece) was recommended to me by a stranger in Starbucks; so thankful for that random recommendation that I have gone back and purchased the rest of the books. Soul Revolution is amazing stories of the people who are part of the Gateway Church in Austin and their attempt to live the Christian lif ...more
Ricardo
May 22, 2012 Ricardo rated it liked it
Interesting book. The relation shaped ministry of John Burke gets us to know more of "how to deal with the perfect imperfect people that seek church". It's not my full cup of tea, but it is interesting enough to help us to get acquainted with modern church problems. Dealing with workaholics, alcohol addicts and much more, it tells us how Gateway Church (based in Austin, Texas) handles those who seek comfort, help, a new life or just (as stated by some testimonies) a pure and simple test to the c ...more
Nana
Mar 06, 2012 Nana rated it it was amazing
I didn't know what to expect from this book. I though it would be another so called "revolutionary" book that just was not. But it is. It invites you to do a 60 day experiment, that does change your life. John Burke writes with the truth, does not sugar coat the challenge that we have before us, but he does remind us that God is on our side, and has great dreams for us to accomplish through (and with) the body of Christ. Loved it!
Jul 01, 2013 Sarah rated it really liked it
I really liked most of this book, but I waited too long to write this review to remember which parts I didn't like. I have not participated in the 60-60 experiment, but I have thought about trying to find a group to do that.
Tim
Jan 09, 2010 Tim rated it really liked it
Helped me to seek God more often and more meaningfully in prayer. Also, loved reading the stories of transformation - those never get old for me. I really connected with the author's style and his faith that God can save anyone...
Andrea Bailey
Sep 12, 2012 Andrea Bailey rated it it was amazing
written by the pastor at my church a great way to connect daily with God. There is also an app for your phone for a 60/60 experiment every hour just another way to connect and reflect on God especially with all of the trials and tribulations your day can bring.
Scott Berglan
I love this book. This will be a book that I will take my church through in the near future. It is a 60 day devotional with great suggestions for creating space for God in your life.
Karen
Jun 11, 2014 Karen rated it it was amazing
The 'experiment' outlined in this book has been proven to be life-changing. This study won't stop with me... Will be sharing with others!
Traci
Aug 31, 2009 Traci rated it really liked it
Great encouragement to "living with God" moment by moment. Great for anyone needing more "spurring on" to live as a disciple of Jesus!
Catherine
Jan 28, 2009 Catherine rated it it was amazing
LOVED this book. If you're a Christian....this book is for you! Best Christian walk book I've ever read (other than the Bible, of course). Thanks to my good friend, Joan, for recommending it to me.
Michelle Mcilvoy
Actually I did not finish this book. I read a few chapters but I could not get into it so I decided to quit.
Schnoodle.farmer
Sep 20, 2012 Schnoodle.farmer rated it it was amazing

Helps tremendously with having a thoughtful relationship with God and others around you. I will keep this book to review and keep going even when the 60:60 experiment is over.
Eva
Sep 12, 2012 Eva rated it really liked it
This is an intense idea and quite difficult even though it seems easy at first. I really did enjoy reading it even though I have not finished my 60 days yet.
Pattib
May 29, 2014 Pattib rated it it was amazing
A life changing book if followed.

Using a timer that goes off every 60 minutes to draw my mind back to God - to what He wants - to the people I'm with and how I can relate God to them.
Les
Aug 31, 2015 Les rated it it was amazing
This was an excellent book for life. Amazing spiritual motivator. This is a wonderful biblical challenge to follow God with all your heart.
Kathy
Kathy rated it really liked it
Mar 28, 2012
Ela
Ela rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2016
Jeff
Jeff rated it really liked it
Aug 04, 2011
Steve Lawson
Steve Lawson rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2015
Julius McCarter
Julius McCarter rated it liked it
Nov 15, 2014
Jamye Cook
Jamye Cook rated it it was ok
Sep 12, 2014
Patrik Olterman
Patrik Olterman rated it really liked it
Dec 10, 2009
Laura rated it liked it
May 12, 2014
Mando Escamilla
Mando Escamilla rated it it was amazing
Nov 13, 2008
Randy DeOreo
Randy DeOreo rated it it was amazing
Feb 21, 2017
Rickfisher
Rickfisher rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2013
Jennifer rated it really liked it
Mar 09, 2015
Naomi Mendoza
Naomi Mendoza rated it it was amazing
Jul 17, 2013
Ruthie Hart
Ruthie Hart rated it it was amazing
Jan 27, 2012
  • Mud and the Masterpiece: Seeing Yourself and Others Through the Eyes of Jesus
  • God's Outrageous Claims: Discover What They Mean for You
  • Sacred Companions: The Gift of Spiritual Friendship Direction
  • The Deeper Journey: The Spirituality of Discovering Your True Self
  • Renovation of the Heart in Daily Practice: Experiments in Spiritual Transformation
  • 3 Crucial Questions about Spiritual Warfare
  • Untamed: Reactivating a Missional Form of Discipleship (Shapevine)
  • It: How Churches and Leaders Can Get It and Keep It
  • Beyond the Cosmos: What Recent Discoveries in Astrophysics Reveal About the Glory and Love of God
  • The Will of God as a Way of Life: How to Make Every Decision with Peace and Confidence
  • Spirit Hunger: Filling Our Deep Longing to Connect with God