Start by marking “Eternity's Edge (Echoes from the Edge, #2)” as Want to Read:
Eternity's Edge (Echoes from the Edge, #2)

Eternity's Edge (Echoes from the Edge #2)

4.08 of 5 stars 4.08  ·  rating details  ·  476 ratings  ·  25 reviews
This fast-paced adventure fantasy trilogy starts with murder and leads teenagers Nathan and Kelly out of their once-familiar world as they struggle to find answers to the tragedy. A mysterious mirror with phantom images, a camera that takes pictures of things they can t see, and a violin that unlocks unrecognizable voices each enigma takes the teens further into an alterna ...more
Published October 6th 2008 by Zondervan Publishing Company (first published October 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Eternity's Edge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eternity's Edge

The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisWaterfall by Lisa Tawn BergrenThe Merchant's Daughter by Melanie DickersonCascade by Lisa Tawn BergrenThe Healer's Apprentice by Melanie Dickerson
Clean teen fiction (Christian)
98th out of 539 books — 625 voters
The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. LewisThe Orb of Truth by Brae WyckoffThe Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. TolkienThe Magician's Nephew by C.S. LewisThe Last Battle by C.S. Lewis
Best Christian Sci-Fi/Fantasy
84th out of 326 books — 431 voters

More lists with this book...

Anna Zak
The book Eternitys Edge is the second book in the series called Echoes from the Edge. It was published in 2008 and was written by Bryan Davis. Eternity's Edge has nonstop action and suspense. The story takes place in three different worlds. It is Nathan Shepherd's duty to save everyone on all three different worlds while everything is complete chaos. Nathan is joined by his friends Kelly and Daryl who both help him along the way and play major parts in the series. Nathan is constantly endangered ...more
Mojoboy31
Oh, what to say about this book?
Interesting, thought provoking, imaginative, suspenseful, enjoyable.

It starts out pretty quick with a showdown between our heroes Nathan and Kelly, facing off against the main villain Mictar.
Have to give Bryan Davis big props for starting out with such a bang? I mean, how many book two's open like that?
Not many.

From there, it's almost nonstop from one perilous situation to the next. The heroes are almost never safe, and the impending doom looms closer and close
Andrew Gross
Bryan Davis's Eternity's Edge draws in the reader with the mystery and action. This book illustrates the line between the good and evil, and the good and pure. The author uses the thoughts of the main character to show what is taking place in the novel. This gives it a unique idea of what is going on, because you can only 'see' out of the eyes on that one character and you only know what he knows. The characters are well developed through the differing personality of each character and the decis ...more
Margaret
Oct 17, 2008 Margaret rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: someone who enjoys music and sci-fi/fantasy
I really liked this one. I absolutely loved the first in the trilogy Beyond the Reflection's Edge and now I'm really excited about the third coming in 2009, Nightmare's Edge. This series has been my introduction to Bryan Davis and I admit he has taken me on quite the adventure. This journey into the fantasy world or alternate Earths has been quite invigorating. So many twists and turns that it is hard to keep up, but so worth it. I highly recommend the series.

This book is still full of the m
Steve
I enjoyed Eternity's Edge as much as Beyond the Reflection's Edge. These are some great, original sci-fi stories with strong Christian themes that are completely appropriate for younger readers.

This book is a little more "out there" than the first one. Dimension hopping has become second nature for the characters, and this story takes a pretty major step into the realm of fantasy. That's fine, but I personally found it a bit harder to follow in my standard mode of reading a little bit at a time.
Katie Williams
Man I love his writing style. I prefer the first book of the series, but this one always gives me more feels than I can handle. Oh, and I am madly in love with Cerulean. He ranks up there with Geno from SMRPG and Aragorn on my crush scale. I love this series and desperately want to read more by him :)
Shelby Ward
I finally figured out why the artist did the book cover the way they did it. With the Red, Blue, and Yellow swirls, and Kelly's face with only her *cough, cough* one eye showing, with the Interfinity Observatory in the background. I don't like to spoil things for future readers of this magnificent book, but I would encourage those to read on into the series. Maybe YOU can discover the hidden messages of the artists' interpretation of the book cover. :)
The Gatekeeper
Jan 16, 2009 The Gatekeeper rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who love fantasy and sci-fi
Recommended to The Gatekeeper by: Bryan Davis
The second installment in the Echoes from the Edge series is a lot like the first one. Things got a little more confusing (as I thought they would), but it was still pretty fun to read. I didn't like it as much as the first one - mostly because it was so complicated. It's difficult to keep track of all the "dimension-hopping". Still, I'm interested in finding out what happens next.

Once again, this book had some slightly "mature" stuff in it that I didn't think was completely necessary, though i
Brett Jonas
Well, that was thrilling! Now I want to dive into the third one that's sitting on my shelf at the moment.

It's been several months since I read the first one, but it wasn't long before I remembered everything that I needed to. The horrors of the last book were topped by the ones in this book, and because of that, the sweet parts were made that much sweeter.

Nathan is a very believable character. He's trying to save his parents, and that's his biggest goal. But there're other people that he wants
Grace
If you love music then this book is for you. It takes music to a whole new level and shows what the power of music is. Nathan is a rich character whom I would love to know in real life. His story is full of mistakes he personally makes like we do. And yet in the end, his story is a triumph. What a beauitful picture of what our life will look like. I recommend this trilogy to every and anyone. Get all three books and then settle down. Find some hot chocolate or coffee or tea, a nice chair, a blan ...more
Cathrine Bonham
This book was a lot easier to get into though the second book is always more exciting, catching up with now familiar characters and getting another step closer to all the answers.

This book was especially interesting because just when you though that you had the three earths figured out Davis throws a new dimension into the mix. A misty world populated by white haired beings. Just when you think you know the rules they change again.
Adam Shields
Full review http://bookwi.se/eternitys-edge-echoe...

Short review: These are not perfect young adult science fiction/fantasy books, but they are original. Sometime a bit hard to follow but they work out in the end with decent stories. I find some of the motivation a bit stretched, but the author is working in some boundaries that makes it all seem worthwhile. Overall pretty good.
Michael Karre

Kaleo
This was a great book. There was action and suspense right from the beginning, and the plot was fantastic. All of the characters felt very real and believable, especially the two main characters, Nathan and Kelly. As the second book in the "Echoes from the Edge" trilogy, it definitely continued the story line, and sets up the third book nicely. I highly recommend both this book, and this series.
Frankie
I couldn't stop reading it...............

I love how these books emphasize the power of music. And how easy it is to bend when something or someone you care for is at stake.

Bryan Davis does a brilliant job of not making the protagonist overly powerful, Nathan is also tempted and, on rare occasion, broken.
Kiersten
Another brilliant twist in a thrilling saga! The emotional struggles and lessons learned in these stories just blow me away. I LOVE the characters. The plot is still a little hard to follow at the outset, but I am eagerly anticipating the final installment!
Alexa
Another brilliant installment by Bryan Davis! Sadder and slightly more morbid than the dragons in our midst series but still very, very good!
Magma
very little will change my mind that Nathan(main character in this series) reminds me of Edward Cullen from Twilight. :D
Cheryl
I absolutly loved this book. This series are the best fantasy novels I have read since Harry Potter.
Rebecca Bloomer
I picked up the second book first which is almost certainly what went wrong.
Karalee
Similar to the first with more cross dimensional oddities.
Elaine
Jul 19, 2010 Elaine marked it as to-read
#2 in the "Echoes from the Edge" series
Jodie
This series is refreshingly new!
Kendra
LOVED IT!!!!!
Josh
Sep 18, 2010 Josh added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone over 12
Recommended to Josh by: Bryan Davis
great!
Kenzie
Kenzie marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Abigail Post
Abigail Post marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Shirleon
Shirleon marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
  • Always Watching (The Rayne Tour, #1)
  • Chosen Ones (Aedyn Chronicles #1)
  • All My Holy Mountain (Binding of the Blade, #5)
  • Isle of Fire (Isle of Swords, #2)
  • The Restorer's Son (The Sword of Lyric #2)
  • The Malacca Conspiracy
  • Catwalk (On the Runway, #2)
  • Katy's New World (Katy Lambright Series, #1)
  • Milrose Munce and the Den of Professional Help
  • Kestrel's Midnight Song
  • Lucy Doesn't Wear Pink (Lucy #1)
  • The Shadow And Night (The Lamb Among the Stars, #1-2)
  • Dragons of the Valley (Valley of the Dragons, #2)
  • Flowers for Elvis
  • Precisely Terminated (Cantral Chronicles, #1)
Bryan Davis is the author of the best-selling Dragons in Our Midst and Oracles of Fire series, contemporary/fantasy blends for young people. He has two books coming out this spring, Last of the Nephilim, the third book in the Oracles of Fire series, and Beyond the Reflection’s Edge, the first book in the new Echoes from the Edge series.

Bryan is also the author of several other works including The
More about Bryan Davis...

Echoes from the Edge (3 books)
  • Beyond the Reflection's Edge (Echoes from the Edge, #1)
  • Nightmare's Edge (Echoes from the Edge, #3)
Raising Dragons (Dragons in Our Midst, #1) Circles of Seven (Dragons in Our Midst, #3) The Candlestone (Dragons in Our Midst, #2) Tears of a Dragon (Dragons in Our Midst, #4) Eye of the Oracle (Oracles of Fire, #1)