Start by marking “The Loner (Men Out of Uniform #4)” as Want to Read:
The Loner (Men Out of Uniform #4)

The Loner (Men Out of Uniform #4)

Lucas Huck Finn is thrilled to join elite Ranger Security-- until he learns his new assignment is to babysit heiress Sapphira Stravos, a doggy-toting debutante who's driving everyone crazy. Still, he can't help but feel there's more to Sapphira than meets the eye. And what's meeting the eye is damn hard to resist....Thanks to a few stupid threatening letters, Sapphira ...more
Paperback, Harlequin Blaze #400, 212 pages
Published June 2008 by Harlequin Books (first published April 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Loner, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Loner

Dina
This was a nice quick and hot read, but a bit disappointing.

Lucas "Huck" Finn was a former Army Ranger who had chosen to quit his military career after a botched parachute landing that left him with an injured knee. As the new employee in Rangers Security, the company created by the 3 previous heroes in this Men Out of Uniform series, Huck is assigned to protect Sapphira Stravos, a supposed pampered and spoiled heiress who had received some disturbing letters. Those letters were not exactly thre
Adrienne
Jul 08, 2010 Adrienne rated it liked it
Sold in the UK as "The BodyGuard", with a change of cover. When I saw this in Asda (UKs Walmart sister) I snaffled it up knowing that it would be fun afternoon read.
Well I have to say that I enjoyed the relationship between Huck and Sapphira despite the background story to their relationship being a little shakey (I decided not to pay too much attention to certain things).
Huck is an ex-Ranger whilst Sapphira an heiress with a small dog (an image of someone immeadiately came to mind ,which stu
gert
May 22, 2011 gert rated it really liked it
ok, i liked this a little better then the first three - simply because it actually deviates from the formula the first three shared.

but even as a blaze, this isn't going to rock the literary world. a misunderstood heiress with a heart of gold, a cold father and a dead mother. i think this is book #4,590 to share that device.

in fairness (to blaze, i mean) i've been in a blaze mode for the past three days and have gone through something like 6 books. so there's a bit of burn out happening, and as
Lyndi
Dec 23, 2014 Lyndi rated it it was ok
Shelves: heroine-ruins-it
This bitch... *smh* How to describe this girl... I don't even know. She's a huge contradiction. Graduated top of her class, but thinks pissing off a few Rangers is the best plan. She'll go toe to toe with said Rangers, but shakes in her boots at the thought of Daddy finding out she does charity work. She plays the pampered princess role, then gets upset when somebody thinks she's a spoiled socialite. She demands honesty, but she lies constantly. And then she tops it all off with "We need to both ...more
Lisa C
Jun 01, 2011 Lisa C rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I really wanted to love this one, but I think it pales compared to others in the same series. The female character is just too unrealistic in her motivation. What kind of a charity organization has only one source of income and no planning for the future? The small kind, I guess, but the justification wasn't there.
Hannah
Mar 20, 2011 Hannah rated it liked it
Recommends it for: lazy day readers
Cliched and corny but quite nice to read for a change of pace. Very predictable and very well written. Even though it is a short book it's not rushed nor does it skimp on details. A very good book for a rainy day.
Silverana
Feb 24, 2013 Silverana rated it liked it
Shelves: mr
I enjoyed the romance. Huck and Sapphira were great together. It was written pretty well, however the mystery to the letter and charity part wasn’t so well developed. By the end, the truth didn’t seem that important or really worth too much waiting for.

The Bad Points:

- The letter senders reasons for the letters sounded kind of childish. There wasn’t a strong reason for the sender to write them.

- When everything is revealed, Sapphira’s reasons for keeping everything secret didn’t make sense. Sh
Amanda T
Nov 29, 2015 Amanda T rated it it was ok
Another book with a bad title. There's nothing about Huck that says "loner" - then again, maybe he's being "loned" out as a bodyguard (a bad one at that) and I just misunderstood the title.

Apparently, the rich girl has never heard of fundraising. She's so dumb and entitled it pained me. Annoying the Security firm is the best plan she can come up with? I did a whole lot of eye rolling.

And it has a bad ending. I would have preferred the rich girl found her own why out of her situation, but alas,
Paige
Apr 10, 2011 Paige rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it, i-own, nook
I love Huck and Sapphira. I've read other body guard romance books and this one held its own and had its own twist. The attraction is immediate and you actually feel as if its real. At first they both make wrong assumptions about each other, but gradually they learn to trust and open up. The romance was perfect and the witty batter that went on between Huck and Sapphira are priceless
Netanella
Feb 23, 2011 Netanella rated it liked it
Shelves: blaze
Quick, fun read about a socially-conscious socialite pretending to be an airhead in order to fool the security company bodyguards her father has hired after she starts receiving death threats. The dialoge between Sapphira and Huck is smart, and the story moves along quickly. Nicely done.
Sandra
Jul 30, 2012 Sandra added it
never read it it came up as the wrong title and author!!! I ask you!! I am thinking of giving lark up!!!!!!
Jessica
Jul 25, 2011 Jessica rated it did not like it
Mmmm, now size 14 girls want hardbody men? Even the sex was boring - and the resolution, unrealistic. I'm done with heiresses with secret charities- this is the second one this year.
Linda
Aug 17, 2015 Linda rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone that love Military romance with a bit of HEAT!
A good, quick read. I have read a few other Rhonda Nelson books and have never been disappointed in one! This is the first in this series but is a tie-in to one of her earlier series.
Loji
Loji rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2013
Tracey
Tracey rated it liked it
Apr 24, 2010
Lesley
Lesley rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2015
Kati
Kati rated it really liked it
Feb 23, 2012
Kamarken
Kamarken rated it liked it
Oct 01, 2015
Hina
Hina rated it really liked it
Aug 15, 2013
Sherry
Sherry rated it really liked it
Sep 02, 2012
Sana Kai
Sana Kai rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2010
Janet Fair
Janet Fair rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2014
Tonya
Tonya rated it it was amazing
Jan 06, 2013
♥ BJ ♥
♥ BJ ♥ rated it really liked it
Jan 30, 2011
Liz
Liz rated it it was amazing
Sep 30, 2009
Katie Tyo
Katie Tyo rated it did not like it
Apr 02, 2014
Lou-Lou Belle
Lou-Lou Belle rated it liked it
Oct 20, 2011
J.c
J.c rated it it was ok
May 23, 2016
Rva Booklover
Rva Booklover rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2010
Angela Lambert
Angela Lambert rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Sex By The Numbers (Harlequin Blaze, #403)
  • Nightcap (Harlequin Blaze, #394) (Those Sexy O'Sullivans, #3)
  • Dead Sexy (Harlequin Blaze #358)
  • Born on the 4th of July (Includes: Men Out of Uniform, #6.5) (Harlequin Blaze, #549)
  • Beyond His Control (SEAL, #3)
  • Hot-Blooded (Harlequin Blaze, #563)
  • Putting It To The Test (Harlequin Blaze #392)
  • Asking For Trouble (Town of Trouble, #2) (Santori Stories, #4)
  • Tall, Dark And Filthy Rich (Harlequin Blaze #362) (Million Dollar Secrets, #5)
  • Bed on Arrival (Harlequin Blaze #409)
  • Closer... (In Too Deep #1)
  • Always Ready (Uniformly Hot!, #3)
  • Amorous Liaisons (Harlequin Blaze, #425) (Lust in Translation, #6)
  • Your Bed Or Mine? (Harlequin Blaze #379)
  • Come Toy with Me
  • French Kissing (Lust In Translation #3)
  • Bound To Please
  • At Your Command

Men Out of Uniform (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Player