Start by marking “The Western Guide To Feng Shui: Creating Balance, Harmony, and Prosperity in Your Environment” as Want to Read:

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  124 ratings  ·  11 reviews
The Western Guide to Feng Shui Although centuries old, the Chinese principles of Feng Shui are adapted here to offer relevance to everyday life in the modern Western world. Readers are encouraged to open their "Feng Shui eyes" to see the problems and solutions in their home and work environment. Full description
Published July 1st 2004 by Hay House UK (first published March 1st 1996)

To ask other readers questions about The Western Guide To Feng Shui, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Western Guide To Feng Shui

Creative Choices
Please note the following review in part or in entirety is a copy of other reviews I have written on similar Feng Shui books.

Ok this is the longest Review I have written as I am very passionate about it due to my personal experience with it - so please bare with me. If you are interested in Feng Shui it may be worth the read.

I bought this book along with many others; (which I will lump together here and probably post this same review on each) when I knew nothing about Feng Shui except for the c
LemontreeLime
This was good. This probably explained the elemental cycle of the feng shui, the 'nourishing and controlling cycles of the five elements' better than any other book I've read on the subject. (ie: how water nurtures wood which feeds fire which makes earth which creates metal which holds water VS Wood consumes earth which dams water which extinguishes fire which melts metal which cuts wood... ect... ) I had never really considered this method of balancing things before, and i am curious as perhaps ...more
Sherry
This is the book that introduced me to feng shui. I really like this author's approach. Feng shui can get real complicated real fast, but she focuses on the simple principles and concepts. I also like the real life examples of people she has worked with.

It might sound like a lot of hogwash, but when you read this book, you realize that the concepts of feng shui really have to do with human nature and perception of environment rather than with superstition.

I always recommend this book to anyone i
Patty
Even if you don't fully "believe in" feng shui, this book gets you thinking about how your environment affects you. I have to admit there are uncanny examples from my own home (e.g. our Wealth and Prosperity section is my husband's man cave, which is a disaster zone... and we've been broke for years!) At the very least, this book has inspired some ideas for where to place things in our new house and how to decorate with intention, rather than haphazardly.
Viktoria
This is my Feng Shui teacher's original
publication. A modern western approach to Form Feng Shui. The yin approach to the yang origin of Feng Shui. All of Terah's books are excellent. Form Feng Shui can be accessed more easily than compass, flying stars, and the like. She stands among many excellent authors on this subject.
planetkimi
Somewhere in the second half of the book, I put it down and have realized after months that I'm probably not going to pick it back up! I'm keeping my copy because I did enjoy the first half of the book, and I believe that it is a good reference book.
Erika
LOVED this book - I definitely recommend this book for anyone who wants to make positive changes in their life/work/home. It was GREAT - she gave good examples and descriptions. Fascinating stuff.
Sidney
I read this when I first discovered Feng Shui. I particularly like this author and her approach. Many Feng Shui books are more 'eastern' in thought and her thoughts are much more compatible with mine.
Elyssa
This is the most accessible book I've read on the topic of feng shui. It provides guidelines that are easy to apply in your home and office.
Tori
Oct 04, 2008 Tori added it
Shelves: non-fiction
The Western Guide to Feng Shui: Creating Balance, Harmony, and Prosperity in Your Environment (Feng Shui) by Terah Kathryn Collins (1996)
Michele
I liked her example stories. Her definitions and descriptions for the "placement" Feng Shui were clear and helpful.
Linsey
Linsey added it
Aug 23, 2015
C Medors
C Medors marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2015
Suree Porchaidai
Suree Porchaidai marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Raelene
Raelene marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Interior Design with Feng Shui
  • The Practical Encyclopedia of Feng Shui: Understanding the Ancient Arts of Placement
  • Lillian Too's Easy-to-Use Feng Shui: 168 Ways to Success
  • Little Vampire Gets a Surprise (Fiction: Little Vampire)
  • Organizing Your Craft Space
  • The Witches' God
  • Never Be Fat Again: The 6-Week Cellular Solution to Permanently Break the Fat Cy Ycle: The 6-week Cellular Solution to Permanently Break the Fat Cycle
  • Survivor Personality
  • Life Lessons for Mastering the Law of Attraction: 7 Essential Ingredients for Living a Prosperous Life
  • Beyond Jennifer & Jason, Madison & Montana: What to Name Your Baby Now
  • The Adobe Photoshop CS4 Book for Digital Photographers
  • The Law of Attraction Das kosmische Gesetz hinter "the Secret"
  • SoulSpace: Creating a Home That Is Free of Clutter, Full of Beauty, and Inspired by You
  • City Magick: Urban Rituals, Spells, and Shamanism
  • Signs From Above: Your Angels' Messages about Your Life Purpose, Relationships, Health, and More
  • Reiki, the Healing Touch: Japanese Reiki Techniques and Hayashi Healing Guide
Terah Kathryn Collins is a best-selling author and the originator of Essential Feng Shui, which honors the essence of Feng Shui’s eastern heritage while focusing on many benefits it provides in today’s world. Her 6 inspirational books on the subject have sold over a million copies worldwide.

Terah’s first book, The Western Guide to Feng Shui, is filled with practical suggestions and inspiring befor
More about Terah Kathryn Collins...
The Western Guide to Feng Shui: Room by Room The Western Guide to Feng Shui for Prosperity Home Design with Feng Shui A-Z The Three Sisters of the Tao: Essential Conversations with Chinese Medicine, I Ching, and Feng Shui The Western Guide to Feng Shui for Romance