Western Guide to Feng Shui: Room by Room

Western Guide to Feng Shui: Room by Room

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  135 ratings  ·  24 reviews
Western Guide to Feng Shui This informative guide shows how to use Feng Shui to improve your relationships, health, and finances. It takes you on a room-by-room journey through home and office to open your "Feng Shui" eyes to see the problems and solutions in your environment. Full description
Published October 1st 1999 by Hay House Inc

To ask other readers questions about Western Guide to Feng Shui, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Western Guide to Feng Shui

M
I learned how to diagram my house for best life. and this area where I am writing this is in my prosperity quadrant and
it's true~!
Shannon
Had a hard time picking a shelf for this one. Settled on informational text, but .... I don't know. To believe or not to believe. There's an element of this that makes sense to me. Clutter. If one has a cluttered space, on one level or another, that clutter will ... bug the person, weigh them down, in that they'll always feel the need to clean. Clutter collects dust and creates problems for allergy and asthma sufferers. Okay. That aspect makes perfect sense. But .... Now, it should also be said...more
Dr. Ruth Neustifter
This book came to me from a good friend at the perfect time in my life. It's an easy to read guide that includes some of the background philosophies but focuses on applied approaches for using Feng Shui. You could read it to create positive energy around key goals in your life, or just use to find new ways to have a less cluttered and happier space. Feeling the nesting itch, or the urge to move your furniture around? This book will validate those feelings while simultaneously giving you some gui...more
Pam
Wow, I love the way this books is written, its is so easy to read and understand. and what can I say, I love the colors, pictures and just the way this book is writen. It makes you want to continue reading just to find out how the people in this books situation turned out. Hubby is not to happy though, because now I want to change things around the house...alot of Feng Shui books are hard to read and understand, but not this book, easy to read and it does capture your attention and makes you thi...more
Ann Kucera
I recommend The Western Guide to Feng Shui Room by Room by Terah Kathryn Collins as the first feng shui book to read. Collins' book is easy to read and covers the basic feng shui concepts: yin/yang, the five elements and the bagua. It also discusses basic feng shui cures and their application. In addition, the book guides you through each room of your home and office, pointing out how to address common feng shui pitfalls.
Katharine
This is a GREAT book. It is easy to flip through based on which room your in, or which section of the Bagua Map you're in. Very easy to follow design suggestions for quick and easy changes to a room or apartment/house. I definitely recommend this a good place to start if you're interested in tinkering with Feng Shui but not sure you want to read a full book or commit a lot of time yet.
Natalie
Still fairly new to Feng Shui, I read this after the Dummies guide... I liked this book, it's quite practical, but it felt somewhat light overall to me. I don't know what kind of "meat" I was really looking for while reading this, but whatever it was, I didn't find it! Still liked it and applied a couple cures almost immediately.
Sally Kilpatrick
This book was an awesome discussion of the basics of feng shui. Sure it had some of the "just put a plant in the prosperity corner and your great Aunt will send you a check" business, but on the whole it broke the principles of feng shui without devolving into such madness. I got a lot of great decorating ideas from this book and found it to be a fun read!
Patti
Makes it easy and fun to Feng Shui your whole house. I will keep this as a reference guide. I has good decorating ideas and helps you balance types of materials used. I don't know if any of this works but the decorating tips are interesting and functional.
Melissa
Kelley - you would LOVE this book. VERY practical, very do-able. I bought this over a year ago, and it wasn't until you started reviewing the Feng Shui books that I even remembered I had it. Now, it's my mission for the new year!
Margot
Collins' "Room by Room" guide to Feng Shui is very straight forward, easy to read, and implement. This guide, unlike Collins' previous "Western Guide to Feng Shui," features color photographs to illustrate her points.
Marilyn
This book was recommended by the Feng Shui practitioner in a two-part class I took. Of the four books I've read on the subject, this is the most helpful. I refer to it often. Oddly, the "cures" really work!
Shumei
I have more highlighting and bookmarks in this book - a sure sign of a good read! I am superstitious. I belive in the benefits of feng shui. I use this philosophy in my life and my house.
Kim
Interesting book that just reiterated some of what I knew about feng shui. It was very inspiring though the more I read the more I wanted to clear my space and create a better chi in my house.
Cindy
Fabulous introduction and then some to the Western application of Feng Shui. I am putting into practice and enjoying the results. I reccomend this for anyone who wants to know more...
Kathy
I'm renovating my house so I thought I would check this book out. I guess it was good but I felt that it didn't answer any of my questions. I think it had some major gaps.
Sidney
I enjoy Feng Shui and I enjoyed this book. I really enjoy putting some of the practices of Feng Shui into my home and found this book had some excellent ideas!
Ruth Marner
An unfortunate aspect of my particular reading is the fact that the publisher mishandled the book. It jumps from page 121 to 159. Not feng shui-approved.
Rosalie Spiteri
A great way to have fun as well as harmonizing your home to have the best flow of energy!! Great book!
Victoria
This book helped me get organized. Now if I could only stay that way.
Jsvaren
I reference this book all this time. It is a wonderful resource.
Roz
Fun! Fun! Fun!
Jonathan
Nov 21, 2009 Jonathan added it
Shelves: non, fiction
None
The Western Guide To Feng Shui: Creating Balance, Harmony, and Prosperity in Your Environmen: Creating Balance, Harmony and Prosperity in Your Environment The Western Guide to Feng Shui for Prosperity Home Design with Feng Shui A-Z The Three Sisters of the Tao: Essential Conversations with Chinese Medicine, I Ching, and Feng Shui The Essential Feng Shui CD Course and Workbook