Start by marking “Red. (Den of Mercenaries, #1)” as Want to Read:
Red. (Den of Mercenaries, #1)

Red. (Den of Mercenaries #1)

Welcome to the Den...

Seven years ago, Niklaus "Red" Volkov was offered an opportunity, one that would give him the ability to even the score with the Albanian mobsters that had tortured him for days and took the life of the only girl he'd loved.

But that gift came with strings...

Molded into the perfect soldier, Niklaus joined an elite group of mercenaries, loyal to a my
Published April 30th 2016 (first published 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Red., please sign up.

Sabrina
A case of mistaken identity led to Niklaus Volkov's worst night in his life. Being tortured for days wasn't even the worst part. That came in the form of having to watch his girlfriend, the love of his life, be murdered in front of him. When he was let go he vowed he would get revenge on those who took his reason for breathing away. So when an offer was made for him to train and get the skills needed to take down those men, he accepted. He became Red.

Years later he's almost to the end of his mi
London Miller
Apr 30, 2016 London Miller added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Amazon Links!!!

Amazon US:http://www.amazon.com/Red-Den-Mercena...

Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Red-Den-Merce...

Amazon CA: http://www.amazon.ca/Red-Den-Mercenar...

From the author of the Volkov Bratva Series comes a brand new series...

But that gift
 ⊱✿⊰ Kitty Kat's Crazy About Books ⊱✿⊰
༺**Complimentary Copy**༺ Kindly provided by the author
"London Miller" in exchange for an honest review..Thank you!!

TITLE: Red
SERIES: (Den of Mercenaries #1)
AUTHOR: London Miller
GENRE: Contemporary Romance
RELEASE DATE:

MY RATING
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I've not read anything previously by this author before BUT I do have a weakness when it comes to mafia reads, they are up there with my biker books..

Even though a lot have stated that you need to read the series before this book, I still ended up really really enjoyin
Bethany-Kris
"Pain is inevitable, learn to love it."

Guess who got their hands on an early copy of this baby?

AFTER READING:

I started this the other night, the early copy, and read through a span of four hours straight to the finish. It was two in the morning by that point. I then stayed up another two hours just to pick the author's brain on this book, and really, let's all just stop and give London a moment to thank her for Red.

Or Klaus.

Or Niklaus.

All depends on who you are to him, and what you wanna cal
Lillian ᴥ¤LYLY Star¤ᴥ
***** 4 'Worth the Hurt' Stars *****

"Do not fear death. Embrace it. Pain is inevitable, learn to love it."

description

The beginning of this book is a roller coaster. It's intense and painful. Then midway it starts to feel like a spin-off... because it is a spin-off. This book is about Mischa's twin brother, Niklaus.

You don't have to read the Volkov Bratva series to understand Red, but you'll probably enjoy it more if you did read the other books. I haven't read the other series, but after reading this, I
Sasha elle a.k.a. Mrs. Liam Callahan!

*3.5 Welcome to the Den nutella Jars*

It wasn't suppose to begin like this, two ordinary people living two opposite lives, welcome to a new game the one that starts with a surprise.

Reagan O' Callahan at 22 was struggling as it was. With working as a waitress and becoming the breadwinner for her crumbling family the last thing she anticipated was to be knocked sideways into inconvenience, from blow to blow Reagan was barley keeping her head above water until "he" came along. It was just supposed
Elfina Renee
Aug 05, 2016 Elfina Renee rated it it was amazing
Phenomenal mafia writer, London Miller shocks and astounds in this intense heart gripping tale. One case of mistaken identity will leave you hanging on the edge of your seat, rapidly turning page after page to find out what happens next. Then when you think its safe, maybe go and get a refill of coffee...BAM!
 photo Red 2.jpg
I was completely devastated and heartbroken with Niklaus "Red" Volkov story. A man who endured more then he should have, was like a Phoenix rising out of the ashes, proving there is beauty
Becca
May 02, 2016 Becca rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series-junkie
description

I really like to get to know new authors. London Miller's name was familiar to me but I haven't read from her. Yet. So, here I'm obsessed with a new author, with a new series. Yep, Red. made me a fangirl.
You know, I really like this mafia line. But when Bratva is in the mix, I drop everything and head to read the book. With this story, I got everything I want in a story like this.

description

Red. has a very unique atmosphere. It's dark and dirty but you'll still see the light, so it won't be depressing. Lon
Micah *Liezel's Book Blog*
I'm unsure how to even start this review other than to say that it wasn't my cup of tea.

The story in the beginning was difficult to follow. I felt like it was too much background, with too little detail, shoved in to too few pages. Let me specify that I have read no other of London Miller's books. When I finally did look up this book, when I was 30% into it, apparently this book is for a spin-off character. Had I known that, I might have read at least one of the previous books in the series. Wit
Tate
Mar 03, 2014 Tate marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
OMG KLAUS BOOK!!!!
image:

image:
Selene
After devouring all of Miller's books in the Volkov Bratva series, the release of Red couldn't have come at a better time. Hello, darkness! Who knew the bad twin could be so good?

photo drake-10.w529.h352_zpss3s2rhpi.gif

This book is a spin-off from the Volkov Bratva series and what I love best about London's writing is that she doesn't just tell you the the story--she shows it to you. Vividly, and with surround-sound! I feel like I'm in the middle of watching a movie when I pick up her books and my only complaint is that this book wa
Mg Herrera
Jul 11, 2016 Mg Herrera rated it really liked it
Red is the first book in the Den of Mercenaries series by London Miller. It's a spin off of the Volkov Bravta Series so if you have not read it I highly recommend you to do it before starting this one. Don't make the same mistake as I did. Because even though I did not have any problem reading the book, there were some moments where I lost track of what was going on and it frustrated the hell out of me. So read the Volkov Bravta series first. I'm catching up with you soon Mish!

Back to business.
Miss Myles
Apr 29, 2016 Miss Myles rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! I'm always a little hesitant when I start to read a spin off of a series I loved. There's a chance that the secondary characters that I thought I wanted to know about in the original series might not be as intriguing as I thought. That was definitely not the case with Red. London Miller does an excellent job with showing the reader what made Niklaus into Red. If you've read the Volkov Bratva series, then you know that Niklaus hates Mischa. You already know the torture Niklaus ...more
Kendall
Apr 30, 2016 Kendall rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So good

The beginning was way too graphic. So daunting; it was actually difficult to get through. But who could leave the evil twin all alone. All jokes aside, truly heartbreaking but I understand that it was necessary. Break your heart and build you back up again. It we already loved Klaus London! No need to pull tears dude.

#teamRaegan aka slapper. I swear she slapped everyone in Hell's Kitchen at least twice in their life. I'm starting to see a pattern. Do all your female leads like to slap the
Michelle
Jun 16, 2016 Michelle rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Red's turn

Niklaus, or Red or Klause or whoever you are...certainly is worthy of book one of this new London Miller franchise, Den of Mercenaries. A spin-off of The Volkov Bravta series, it tells the story of Niklaus and his spiral into vengeance and violence, based on a case of mistaken identity. At first I was skeptical not wanting to re-read Niklaus' horrific story from a third person's point of view. I was wrong! It was almost necessary to experience Red's story through his eyes. Of course La
Averie Perkins
Apr 30, 2016 Averie Perkins rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding

London Miller has done it again. Two Thumbs Up and Five Stars. Red is everything I hoped I would be and more. I can't get enough of these books. You think you knew his story from the previous books. But that was just a teaser. Klaus's what can I say about him that won't give away anything about the story. We know he's demanding, moody, intelligent and sexy as HELL. Just like his brother Mishca. But we didn't know he has a soft spot for the people he Love's and care about. Reagan is hi
msmaji
May 07, 2016 msmaji rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Red, wow

I really enjoyed Red's story so much. Red had been through so much that he never thought he'd find love again, enter Regan. Intrigue, turned to friendship, turn to protection turned to love. I was happy to see Luka and his crazy self and Sacha ( precious). I was happy that Mischance and Red were finally able to bury the hatchet. This book was well written and the story flowed very well. By the way really starting to dislike the kingmaker, arghh. Can't wait for Celts story. Great job
Melissa Kay
Jul 18, 2016 Tina Manuel rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
3.5
Varied Books
I skimmed thru KU. Way to dark for me. Sex scenes were hot.
Melissa Mendoza
Heat Level: 4 flames out of 5
Rating: 5 stars out of 5
Blurb:

Welcome to the Den...

But that gift came with strings...

Molded into the perfect soldier, Ni
Ashley
May 03, 2016 Ashley rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!

I love the Volkov Bratva Crew, especially the #eviltwin Niklaus. With Red we're finally given more insight into Klaus' history, though some of it was shared in earlier works.

The story was definitely on the darker side of the spectrum, so not for the faint of heart. This isn't a hearts and flowers, twitterpated romance. There's a plethora of angst, pain, suffering, self-inflicted torture, etc. Klaus wars against himself at every turn, and why shouldn't he? He's been handed a shit card i
Suzume
May 03, 2016 Suzume rated it really liked it
Shelves: hot-hero
I really liked it! Still has the same unbelievably bad copyediting and proofreading. Almost where I question if this is being translated into English from another language. However, the story and characters are really compelling, and I love how all these characters lives are intertwined without them fully knowing it.

Klaus and Luca are my two favorite characters, and this book doesn't disappoint -- you get to see both of them. Strange bedfellows indeed! Klaus even DEFENDS Luca at one point, which
Jadas
May 09, 2016 Jadas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A-FREAKIN-MAZING !!

Breakfast? NOPE !!

Lunch? NO WAY!

Dinner? I DON'T THINK SO!!

I am absolutely blown away! I loved this book! I loved Niklaus and Reagan I thought both characters were well developed and the story? WOW it's so well developed. Ssoooooo MUCH happened, so many characters, so much plot! Some old friends were welcomed back.

I am so PROUD of London for this book after what I felt were lukewarm final volumes of Mishca and Lauren's story I wasn't thrilled to read this. However I am total
Nicole Mcclain
May 02, 2016 Nicole Mcclain rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh Red is my new favorite color

London Miller, what are you doing to me??!! First, I had a crush on Mishca. Then, Luka stumbled into my world with his humor and tattoos, complete infatuation. Now, I have found my true love in Niklaus. How am I going to break the news to the other two that I found my true love in Red?
So intriguing, so broken and so lovable. His story was captivating. Finally reading his story about what he went through during the torture and his training. And Reagan...Love her!
Susan (susayq ~)
3.5-4 stars

While this is the first in a series, it would be extremely helpful if you've read London Miller's Volkov Bratva series (which I did NOT read). In here we get the story of Niklaus Volkov and his harrowing experience that leads to him becoming the man known as Red. My heart went out to him. But then, he's all of a sudden being friendly with his brother Mischa and Luka and I can only assume the reconciliation happened during Mischa's series. THEN, we get the ending and OH MY GOD!!! I'm i
Jen P
May 05, 2016 Jen P rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been anticipating the release of this book since I finished Luka's story and I was not disappointed. I've always enjoyed Klaus's character and was excited to read his story and find out more about him. London Miller did not let me down. This was an extremely well written book and definitely did the couple justice. Looking forward to the next book in this series. If you haven't read this you need to one click right away and go ahead and preorder the next book as soon as available.
Michelle Cage
May 02, 2016 Michelle Cage rated it it was amazing
I read this all in one sitting, I just love this author and I have been waiting for Red's story to be told. I loved how Regan just seemed to fit him so perfectly. The storyline is out of this world it keeps you on the edge that you have to keep reading because putting the book down is just unacceptable at this point. The mafia action is intense as well as the love scences. I loved Mischa but Niklaus has a stolen a part for himself as well.
May 01, 2016 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mafia-mobster
I love London Miller,s books, her volkov Russians were brilliant . And red was no different ,it was worth waiting for, this is Nicklaus story and it was the start of the mercenary series which kicked off with mischa volkov said twin brother.
I did however get confused with a chapter at the end named coda which gave you a insight into uilliam whom I'm presuming is the kingmaker? Totally confused by that chapter but then in the acknowledgements it said celts story was next...so who's coda?.
Bargain Basement: (2) Signed Paperback - Red 1 5 May 23, 2016 03:03PM
  • Where the Sun Hides (Seasons of Betrayal, #1)
  • Keeping Her (The Kensingtons, #2)
  • The Bound (Ascension, #2)
  • For Adriano (Chicago Syndicate, #3)
  • Little Dove (The Beast, #3)
  • Loverboy (Dartmoor, #5)
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
  • Gorgeous Consort (Beautiful Entourage, #2)
  • The Gun Runner (Mafia Made, #1)
  • Love Me to Death (Underveil, #1)
  • Beautiful Assassin (Syndicate, #1)
  • Carnage (The Butcher, #2)
  • El libro de la alquimista (Saga Vanir #6)
  • The Divided
With a degree in Creative Writing, London Miller has turned pen to paper, creating riveting fictional worlds where the bad guys are sometimes the good guys. Her debut novel, In the Beginning, is the first in the Volkov Bratva Series.

She currently resides in southern Georgia where she drinks far too much coffee, and spends her nights writing.

To learn more about London Miller and her novels, please
More about London Miller...

Den of Mercenaries (5 books)
  • Celt. (Den of Mercenaries, #2)
  • Calavera. (Den of Mercenaries, #4)
  • Skorpion. (Den of Mercenaries, #5)
  • Grimm (Den of Mercenaries, #6)