Start by marking “Interpreting the Psalms: Rediscovering the African Seedbed of Western Christianity” as Want to Read:

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  8 ratings  ·  2 reviews
The book of Psalms has been precious to countless people in many languages and countries over many centuries. It has expressed their hopes and fears, inspired their faith, and renewed their trust in God. Through the Psalms, the spiritual insight and religious heritage of ancient Israel have had a profound and lasting impact on the human race. The book of Psalms is also of ...more
Published February 25th 2006 by IVP Academic (first published February 10th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Interpreting the Psalms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Interpreting the Psalms

Travis Johnston
A great intermediate introduction to the Psalms. Knowing Hebrew makes this book come to life a lot more. But it is written in a way that you do not need to know it to get loads out of the book. Perhaps the best thing about this book is that it gives a solid overview of themes, and things to look for as you wander through the Psalms. It also opened my eyes to looking at the structure of the entire Psalter. i am looking forward to going through the Psalms after having read this book.
I used this book for my Psalms class in college. It was interesting and had insight into the psalms I had not heard about before. We didn't read a lot of this for class, but I liked it.

*Taken from my book reviews blog:
Shawn Anderson
Shawn Anderson marked it as to-read
Sep 01, 2015
Zoe is currently reading it
Aug 22, 2015
Dal Longnan
Dal Longnan marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2015
Andrew Nedelchev
Andrew Nedelchev marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Ashley Baccho
Ashley Baccho marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Jeremy Rist
Jeremy Rist marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Shelley marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2014
Tony added it
Jul 08, 2013
Mike marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2013
Benjamin marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2013
Logan marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2013
Ethan Carslon
Ethan Carslon is currently reading it
May 16, 2012
William Hill
William Hill marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2010