Start by marking “Heaven and Earth: Making the Psychic Connection” as Want to Read:
Heaven and Earth: Making the Psychic Connection

Heaven and Earth: Making the Psychic Connection

4.04  ·  Rating Details  ·  443 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
We all have questions about our lives, our souls, and loved ones who have passed on. Now we can find the answers.
For the first time, world-renowned spiritual medium and bestselling author James Van Praagh reveals the techniques that anyone can use to contact "the other side." Combining his own experiences with the testimony of others who have been touched by their spirit
Published November 1st 2002 by Pocket Books (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Heaven and Earth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heaven and Earth

Lauraley Dilgard
Another wonderful book by James Van Praagh. I always enjoy his books and loved him when I met him at his book signing here in El Cajon, San Diego County WalMart. He was shorter then I thought he would be, he signed my book different then everyone elses, he said, "That's funny, I never signed that before". Maybe he put Good Luck instead of Love because he "knew" I was writing my book then. BTW his eyes are a beautiful blue they sparkle with kindness.
Jean
Feb 26, 2008 Jean rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't believe this came out in 2001 and I am just getting around to reading it. But then again, I need it now which I am sure is why it is in my life at this moment. It was great and I am buying it. Anyone who knows me knows I don't just buy any book. I love my free books from the library but this needs to be in my collection for reference purposes. Awesome...
Oliver Rabacal
Apr 09, 2013 Oliver Rabacal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very nice practice on psychic phenomena, I have learned so much from this book of James van Praagh.
Victoria Farr
Oct 04, 2015 Victoria Farr rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A recent thrift-store find! I'd listened to James on Hay House Radio in the past, and thought he sounded like a delightful spirit! Came across this and read it over a weekend on a whim...or perhaps more accurately-an intuition. Interesting stories about his life & career as a psychic, and VERY useful information about dealing with toxic energy/negative people in life.
Kayla Joy
I can't say I liked this book, I can't say I disliked it either. I was expecting to get more out of it, but it seemed to leave me with more questions than answers. I found the book interesting but as the book progressed, it was becoming harder for me to get bought into.
Linda
Dec 29, 2015 Linda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Some good information from James Van Praagh and a comfort for those who have lost a loved one. Each time I read it, I discover something new.
Kim
Jan 20, 2015 Kim rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: life-after-life
Perhaps it will be of more interest to me at another time.
Isabella Blaco
I enjoyed this one. Van Praagh has always been a straight shooter with his writing so if you believe in psychic mediums, he is a great read. He doesn't try to sell religion or beliefs, he simply tells his story which is a refreshing change!
Pete
Jun 22, 2015 Pete rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was ok, but I have read other books on the subject that I enjoyed more. After a few of his stories, they all seemed very convenient and/or too perfect to be really believable. As for the practical advice, I mostly skimmed through it.
I like the meditations and excercises he tends to put in the last few chapters of his books, but I just skim through everything else. There are far more interesting books on the subject such as those by Rosemary Altea or Sonia Choquette.
Benjamin Barnes
thought the best part was when he was talking about the psychic desolation left over from deforsestation and the felling of sadness
Pat
Jul 01, 2014 Pat rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well written and full of good suggestions. Helps to understand Psychic from his personal experience. I will reread it.
Sandy
Jul 22, 2008 Sandy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
After I read this book, I recalled many times when I know my angels were looking out for me.
Linda T.
Mar 02, 2008 Linda T. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this one! James Van Praagh is the real deal as far as I am concerned.
Lina
Mar 08, 2008 Lina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Praagh's books have helped me heal the mourning of several dear friends.
Leroy
Nov 28, 2007 Leroy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing so far. Its tough breaking preconcieved notions of psyhics.
Andrea Lewis
Feb 04, 2015 Andrea Lewis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well written with practical information.
Tianna Hyatt
Aug 16, 2012 Tianna Hyatt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Most helpful in understanding death.
Lisa Steinmetz
Jul 04, 2011 Lisa Steinmetz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic Book very enlightening :)
Brin Brin
B F
B F rated it liked it
May 02, 2016
Letecia Pheiffer
Letecia Pheiffer rated it really liked it
May 02, 2016
Atle Lerøy
Atle Lerøy marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2016
Hope
Hope rated it really liked it
Apr 25, 2016
Sina
Sina marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2016
Krystle
Krystle marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
Divanna Toscano
Divanna Toscano marked it as to-read
Apr 22, 2016
Joyce Pfaffle
Joyce Pfaffle rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2016
  • God, Creation, and Tools for Life (Journey of the Soul, #1)
  • One Last Time
  • The Hope: A Guide to Sacred Activism
  • Illuminated Prayers
  • When Ghosts Speak: Understanding the World of Earthbound Spirits
  • The Eagle and the Rose: A Remarkable True Story
  • Memories of the Afterlife: Life-Between-Lives Stories of Personal Transformation
  • Hello from Heaven: A New Field of Research-After-Death Communication Confirms That Life and Love Are Eternal
  • Divine Guidance: How to Have a Dialogue with God and Your Guardian Angels
  • We Don't Die: George Anderson's Conversations with The Other Side
  • Spirits...They Are Present
  • Diary of a Psychic
His very natural, easy-going style would lead you to believe that James Van Praagh is chatting with a friend on the telephone, not communicating messages from the grave. James is a survival evidence medium, meaning that he is able to bridge the gap between two planes of existence, that of the living and that of the dead, by providing evidential proof of life after death via detailed messages. "I'm ...more
More about James Van Praagh...