Dress Smart Women: Wardrobes That Win in the New Workplace

Dress Smart Women: Wardrobes That Win in the New Workplace

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  7 reviews
In these times of economic uncertainty, dressing to impress has never been so important. Chic Simple DRESS SMART-WOMEN guides the professional female to dress to find a job, to keep a job, and to get a better job. Drawing on interviews from top professionals and their own vast experience via their book line, AOL column, and InStyle monthly advice section, veteran style mav...more
Published September 30th 2002 by Warner Books

February Four
For someone like me who can't tell business casual from business appropriate from business formal? This book is indispensable. The book's best features are its pictures and detailed lists of what's kosher and what's not, and of course, what people think of X, Y, and Z clothing. Granted, I will be making my own changes and tweaks to the suggestions, but I think this is the best set of guidelines I have ever seen for navigating the strange world of corporate attire, and as someone who has always h...more
Desiree
the world is a stupid, stupid place where personality and creativity are rewarded with squat, and looking like a cog in a machine is a good thing. barf.
makes me wish i lived in a world where i could have purple hair and a pierced face and people would still take me seriously. but this is not that world, and i am a "manager" in a business setting, so off i go to have my spirit squashed into a navy suit.
Angel
Gives pretty good advice around how to take your beginning work wardrobe and improve upon it as you and your career age. Definitely follows the theory, "Dress for the job you want, not the job you have"
Elizabeth
A rather basic book, but helpful to those just starting out in corporate life. If you've ever looked with envy at a well-dressed woman at work, and wanted to look like her, this book will help you get there.
Caryl
Simple, basic advice for dressing in the workplace. An easy read, with suggestions broken down into general job types.
Deb
Nov 04, 2009 Deb added it
Dress smart--women : wardrobes that win in the new workplace by Kim Johnson Gross (2002)
Lori Grant
A must-read book on personal branding as you manage your career.
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2014
Alicia
Alicia added it
Mar 21, 2014
Jen
Jen marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2013
Regina
Regina marked it as to-read
Dec 27, 2013
Linda Hensfelt
Linda Hensfelt marked it as to-read
Dec 08, 2013
Kelly
Kelly added it
Jul 28, 2013
Christine
Christine marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2013
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Feb 12, 2013
Anton
Anton marked it as to-read
Feb 02, 2013
She-Rah
She-Rah marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2011
Heidi Lee  Munson
Heidi Lee Munson marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2011
The Joy of Booking
The Joy of Booking marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2011
What to Wear for the Rest of Your Life: Ageless Secrets of Style Chic Simple Dress Smart Men: Wardrobes That Win in the New Workplace Chic Simple: What Should I Wear?: Dressing for Occasions (Chic Simple) Work Clothes (Chic Simple): Casual Dress for Serious Work (Chic Simple Guides) Men's Wardrobe (Chic Simple)