Start by marking “250 Ways to Make America Better” as Want to Read:
250 Ways to Make America Better

250 Ways to Make America Better

Destined to incite controversy and conversation
from the White House to your own house, the 250 best insights on improving our country--from the editors of George magazine 250 Ways to Make America Better is a selection of essays, cartoons, thoughts, and poems from an all-star cast of Americans. From Ice T to Isaac Stern, Joan Rivers to Rob Reiner, Stephen Ambrose to Mo Vau
Published June 7th 1999 by Villard

To ask other readers questions about 250 Ways to Make America Better, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 250 Ways to Make America Better

Procyon Lotor
Un blog dei Kennedy Un figlio di famoso (John F. Kennedy Jr.) quando si chiese cosa fare da grande, nel dubbio fond una rivista e la diresse: "George" (da G. Washington) conosce gente, fa cose, ci parla e colleziona bigliettini, lettere, vignette ecc di consigli per migliorare l'America (1999). Gi dal titolo si impara qualcosa, America=USA, il resto? manca. Leggendo si imparano moltissime cose utilissime sulla nazione imprescindibile. In sintesi per il quadretto non piacerebbe a molti italiani f ...more
Tom Darrow
Jun 30, 2011 Tom Darrow rated it liked it
The title pretty much says it all... They took 250 well-known and not so well-known Americans and asked them how they would make American better. Some of the ideas make sense, others are off the wall. The one problem is that when you ask 250 people for their ideas, you are ultimately going to get a lot of the same ideas. A reader could get away with reading the first half of this book and not miss much by not reading the second half.
Larry-bob Roberts
Sep 04, 2008 Larry-bob Roberts marked it as to-read
Well, this doesn't really properly go on either my "read" or "to-read" shelf. I doubt I would ever make it cover-to-cover reading the book. I have it because I have a piece in it (along with various other people from across the socio-political spectrum.) I kind of camped it up in my piece, which was about giving the country a makeover.
May 02, 2012 Phillip rated it it was ok
This book is a bit dated at this point. It's also a bit too lefty for my tastes. I enjoyed some of the tips, but, for the most part, it's not worth reading. It's probably a good book for the water closet.
Roger Dier
Roger Dier rated it liked it
Oct 27, 2015
Cheryl Rowland
Cheryl Rowland rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2016
Chrissy rated it it was amazing
Jan 07, 2016
Danielle Simonetti
Danielle Simonetti rated it it was amazing
Jul 30, 2014
Feb 02, 2011 Wendolyn marked it as to-read
George mag. Editor is author I've read.