Start by marking “Emma, Vol. 07” as Want to Read:
Emma, Vol. 07

Emma, Vol. 07 (Emma #7)

In Victorian England, a young maid and the son of an upper class family share a secret love their world will never allow them to express. The saga of Emma and William comes to its dramatic conclusion in this expanded volume. Emma's been shipped off to America by the Viscount, the father of Eleanor, Williams jilted fiance. William and Hakim set sail across the Atlantic in p ...more
Published March 12th 2008 by CMX (first published May 25th 2006)

Mar 14, 2008 Winna rated it really liked it
Mar 18, 2015 Lete rated it it was amazing
Ahh!! That hand on the arm!!! Ah so much happy. Emma is kinda annoying now that I think about it. William is a sensible character but Emma is just all over. She is all quiet and keeps to herself but then has a spaz about anything William. But the last scene. Ahh I love it.
Jul 08, 2016 Deidre rated it it was amazing
I'm so in love with this series.
Jennifer (FFT Reviews)
3.5 Stars

I was happy to see William and Emma get their happy ending, but I thought it was rushed. There is still much more I want to know like what the Viscount's blackballing will do to the Jones' position. I know the next few volumes have side stories so I'm hoping for some closure on the secondary plots in those.
CJ - It's only a Paper Moon
Dec 06, 2010 CJ - It's only a Paper Moon rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, shojo
The art is still amazing but I can't believe this volume marks the end of the Emma & William storyline. That can't be right! There's still so much to know. What about the repercussions that have been set forth by the Viscount? What about William's Mom and Dad? What about Emma's past?!

There's gotta be more.
Feb 02, 2009 Crystal rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga, 2009
I thought that this was a quite a letdown, compared to how good the series has been. It felt very rushed, and a number of characters that were given story lines weren't resolved.
Catarina Coelho
Jun 08, 2014 Catarina Coelho rated it it was amazing
Conclusão desta história em 7 volumes. Gostam de histórias passadas no fim do século XIX? Gostam de histórias românticas, de grandes amores, com muitas dificuldades e surpresas pelo caminho? Gostam de partes cómicas e coisas curiosas, nomeadamente em personagens não tão principais, mas sobre as quais dá gozo saber mais? Foram estas algumas das coisas que encontrei nesta manga, para além do excelente desenho, que não posso deixar de referir. Se gostam das coisas que referi, dêem uma oportunidade ...more
Jul 30, 2009 Tasha rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, ya, historical, manga
That's the end?!?
Jody Mena
Beautifully done, classy, sweet, dramatic, every thing you need in a turn-of-the-century British romance is here! This story would do Jane Austen proud, all forbidden love, semantic misunderstandings, social scandal, angst and happy endings! You really can't help but fall in love Emma and William. As a random side note, it was interesting to watch this story unfold, realizing that it's a Japanese take on British culture of a century ago; it was very well written, I realized, when one of the char ...more
I have been waiting a month to read this book, after I finished the last one, so I'm very glad to get my hands on it today. This is probably one of the best ones yet, as so much story happens here (figures that it would in the last volume of the actual Emma story). In this volume, Emma arrives in America and is unceremoniously thrown off the ship. Meanwhile William and Hakim hurry to the States to rescue her and bring her back to England. Emma asks Mrs Meredith to help her act like a lady, and E ...more
Jul 07, 2008 Julie rated it liked it
Nov 05, 2013 Jocilyn rated it liked it
Although it doesn't end up being the sweep-you-off-your-feet cliche romantic ending, somehow William does manage to grow a spine and throw his family's scorn aside to have a happy ending with Emma (I can't possibly consider that to be a spoiler).

Anyone who knows me will have heard about my antipathy for outmoded literary vehicles (unless they serve to accomplish something cute) and Emma, Vol. 7 (un)fortunately? fits into both categories. In the strangest hand wave I've ever encountered, Mori-se
Mar 13, 2016 Helena rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, mangas
Dec 11, 2015 Starbubbles rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
So good! It was an interesting ending, as it didn't tie up everything into a pretty little bow. Oh, how I love my pretty little bows! Still, I am glad I read this. I think I will try to get a hold of some of the other volumes for the short stories! yay! Anyway, I am glad that the whole class difference was not taken lightly, nor was anything rushed into. Oh jolly ol' England knows how to throw wrenches in romances. But it's what makes them so good!
Although this volume is longer than the previous ones, I read it in under an hour. Probably I didn't take enough time looking at the (even more than usually) gorgeous art because I wanted to see the resolution of Emma and William's story, and because I was in the library. There were some times in this volume that the story skipped over what must have been days or sometimes even weeks, but then again it was rather long as it was, so maybe that was necessary. It definitely didn't confuse or very m ...more
Nov 26, 2013 Drew rated it really liked it
Robert Beveridge
Oct 02, 2011 Robert Beveridge rated it really liked it
Kaoru Mori, Emma, vol. 7 (CMX, 2008)

And so we come to the rather abrupt end of Emma, one of the best graphic novel series I've ever read. (And yet there are three more tankobon? I am confused, and the library is not helping, as they still can't find a copy of vol. 8 to lend me!) While the end does feel abrupt, it also feels right. I won't go into spoiler territory, though if you understand the structure of the classic Victorian romance, you know what;s happening in the last frames; the only susp
Mar 15, 2016 Staci rated it liked it
At the end of this volume, the author says that this is the end but there are volumes after this one and this one ends (if it is the end) in a rather unsatisfying way as nothing is really resolved now, there are only somewhat vague plans for the future.
Alyce (At Home With Books)
Jan 22, 2010 Alyce (At Home With Books) rated it really liked it
After Emma goes missing in volume six, William searches high and low to find her. The section where he is searching for Emma is incredibly short, and I thought it seemed far too easy for him to locate where she was at.

In this volume Emma is faced with choices about what she really wants to do with her life, and about what challenges she is willing to face. At the same time she finds ecouragement and support from some of women that she and William know.

This volume was originally billed as the fin
L. Petunia
Jul 18, 2015 L. Petunia rated it liked it
I feel like the ending was a bit rushed (I know there are more volumes, but they're not at my library ;-;), but by the end, I did like this series a lot more than I originally did.
Yellow Bell
Dec 03, 2014 Yellow Bell rated it did not like it
I don't like this series and I think it's disappointing, because it is a dumb romance drama. Yet at this point I am almost done with the series so I am going to finish it.
Amanda Thomas
Mar 12, 2014 Amanda Thomas rated it really liked it
Kind of a blah, practical conclusion to the William and Emma story. After a dramatic separation in the last volume, I was really expecting some passion! But oh well.
Jun 09, 2014 Jean rated it really liked it
I'm so glad there are the three bonus books, because I would not have been happy if she just ended the series right there.
Jan 20, 2014 Emily rated it really liked it
The plot gets more dramatic - this volume includes a much wider range of her full cast than many of the other ones, that focus on individual settings. Here it ranges from country towns to private estates to London, and includes more glimpses of a variety of classes and their personal preoccupations.
Mary Craven
Feb 23, 2016 Mary Craven rated it it was amazing
The story of Emma continues. Lovely illustrations along with a story to capture your heart.
Oct 08, 2014 Sita rated it really liked it
Overall excellent series, lovely illustrations and characters I care about. The only negative was the ending felt rushed and was not as satisfying as I'd hoped.
Céline :)
Aug 29, 2014 Céline :) rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2014-reads
AWW this manga is just too cute! :)
Nov 08, 2012 Hayley rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: people who loved Jane Eyre
Shelves: graphic-novels
This is a great story. I didn't much care for Emma or William at the beginning of the series, but the depth of the pantheon of characters really sucked me in. Almost all of them are drawn with emotional sensitivity, and best of all, ambiguity. There aren't bad guys, so much as there are people constrained by societal expectations. Both lovers are taken through the pain of separation quite realistically, and nothing is ever conveniently fixed. I wish this was more widely available in English! (Re ...more
  • Wandering Son, Vol. 2
  • Library Wars: Love & War, Vol. 2  (Library Wars: Love & War #2)
  • Ōoku: The Inner Chambers, Volume 5 (Ōoku: The Inner Chambers / 大奥, #5)
  • Tramps Like Us, Volume 12
  • Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 4
  • Soulless: The Manga, Vol. 3
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 2
  • Mars, Volume 04
  • Tail of the Moon, Volume 7
  • Dramacon, Vol. 3
  • PLUTO: Urasawa x Tezuka, Volume 008 (Pluto, #8)
  • Love★Com, Vol. 4
  • Sand Chronicles, Volume 3
  • The Voices of a Distant Star
Kaoru Mori (森 薫) is a mangaka best known for her series "Emma". Many of her stories are set in Britain and center on characters who are maids.
More about Kaoru Mori...