Start by marking “Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 18 (Rurouni Kenshin, #18)” as Want to Read:
Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 18 (Rurouni Kenshin, #18)

Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 18 (Rurouni Kenshin #18)

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  1,217 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Packed with action, romance and historical intrigue, Rurouni Kenshin is one of the most beloved and popular manga series worldwide. Set against the backdrop of the Meiji Restoration, it tells the saga of Himura Kenshin, once an assassin of ferocious power, now a humble rurouni, a wandering swordsman fighting to protect the honor of those in need.

A hundred and fifty years
Published September 6th 2005 by VIZ Media LLC (first published December 4th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 18, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 18

Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 1 by Hiromu ArakawaFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaVampire Knight, Vol. 1 by Matsuri HinoBleach, Vol. 1 by Tite Kubo
Good Manga
260th out of 461 books — 186 voters

More lists with this book...

La Revistería Comics
Con Shishio muerto, los Juppongatana desbandados y Kyoto salvada, se viene una época de paz para Kenshin y sus amigos... Al menos hasta que una pregunta con ecos del pasado traiga a la luz uno de los secretos más oscuros del espadachín pelirrojo... ¿Todavía tiene la cicatriz en forma de cruz?
May 22, 2012 Robin rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: owned
This story literally has everything I love in a manga. A fantastic main character with a wonderful backstory, an awesome leading lady who isn't just there for boob-service and actually has a great, well-rounded character, wonderful and memorable supporting characters whether they be friends or foes, stories that get rounded-out and resolved and don't just focus on getting the BRAND NEW FIGHTING TECHNIQUE!!1, a storyline that doesn't stray into sentimental or cliche and yet still tugs at your hea ...more
I no longer hate Kaoru, but I still do not like the idea of her and Kenshin together as a couple. There has never been anything between them that I felt was romantic, except what we as the audience are told. And you know, maybe that is my problem right there, their supposed romantic attachment is dictated to us instead of shown. They feel more like good friends to me. I would actually be more willing to believe that Megumi and Sanosuke are a couple. (Which really wouldn't bother me at all.)

The g
I picked this manga up mid-story and I need to read the events leading up to the volume. I enjoyed the characters and Kenshin is awesome. Gonna read more!
A nice set-up to the next plot. But not much time in between for the heros to rest and reflect.
A new arc is started in this volume with 6 new opponents that each want personal revenge against Kenshin. For some reason, this volume took me a little bit to get into it and I did struggle to finish it. It's not due to the story or the art, I'm in a reading funk and unfortunately this volume is a set up to a new arc and no battles to push me through. We end with a potential battle at the beginning of the next volume so I am excited about that.
The final postscript of the Kyoto arc and the beginning of the next one, introduces antagonists from Kenshin's past but really earns the four stars for acknowledging that the end of the battle is not the end of the story. The continuing impact of the Kyoto arc will be felt for some time to come.
aaahhhhh. What a climax! I admit it has been a while since I've read the series. I'm really pleased to come back and continue from where I left of but gobsmacked on how much more of the plot is going to unfold. I got tremendously excited and as I finshed this volume....ooooooh the drama!
Not only was this an action packed series, but it was also full of great historical information. I learned so much about Japan's history by reading this series. Watsuki managed to throw in a nice amount of romance as well. All in all, it was a great fun read that kept me wanting more.
Interesting new arc. I've read spoilers for this, so I know a bit of what's going on. Yahiko's little character arc, about wanting to get stronger, is interesting, too.

(Why does one of the guys wear glasses like Ban from GetBackers? That distracted me for a while.)
Nikki  King
Hahaha chapter 157 was hiilarious!!! I don't like that Karuo doesn't stand up for herself when it comes to Kenshin though... I mean all the characters know that they're destined for each other but nothing NOT A THING!!!!
This is where the manga really gets interesting with Kenshin's background and the introduction of my favorite Character Enishi Yukishiro and the beginning of the Revenge arc (which they still need to animate damn it!)
Angeles Broullón
The new saga closed the circle, and explained a lot of things about Kenshin's past. However, I never really liked Enishi and his thugs, so I'll have to score this lower.
A chance to catch your breathe, before the run in to the finale.
Jun 27, 2009 Steph rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Steph by: read the series
Shelves: manga
One of my favorite manga series.
Very violent which is good.
sob Enishi is the worst.
Budhi Okta
Budhi Okta marked it as to-read
Oct 05, 2015
Hridya marked it as to-read
Sep 29, 2015
Natalie marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2015
  • Yu Yu Hakusho, Volume 14: A Bloody Past!! (Yu Yu Hakusho, #14)
  • Ranma 1/2, Vol. 22 (Ranma ½ (US 2nd), #22)
  • Chrono Crusade, Vol. 6 (Chrono Crusade, #6)
  • Trigun: Deep Space Planet Future Gun Action!! #2 (Trigun, #2)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 12
Watsuki Nobuhiro (和月 伸宏) is a Japanese manga artist, best known for his samurai-themed series Rurouni Kenshin. He once worked as an assistant for his favorite author Takeshi Obata.
More about Nobuhiro Watsuki...

Rurouni Kenshin (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 1 (Rurouni Kenshin, #1)
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 2 (Rurouni Kenshin, #2)
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 3 (Rurouni Kenshin, #3)
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 4 (Rurouni Kenshin, #4)
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 5 (Rurouni Kenshin, #5)
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 6 (Rurouni Kenshin, #6)
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 7 (Rurouni Kenshin, #7)
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 8 (Rurouni Kenshin, #8)
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 9 (Rurouni Kenshin, #9)
  • Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 10 (Rurouni Kenshin, #10)
Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 1 (Rurouni Kenshin, #1) Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 3 (Rurouni Kenshin, #3) Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 2 (Rurouni Kenshin, #2) Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 4 (Rurouni Kenshin, #4) Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 8 (Rurouni Kenshin, #8)