Start by marking “Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 8 (Rurouni Kenshin, #8)” as Want to Read:
Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 8 (Rurouni Kenshin, #8)

Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 8 (Rurouni Kenshin #8)

4.41 of 5 stars 4.41  ·  rating details  ·  1,891 ratings  ·  17 reviews
After a night of gambling, Kenshin and Sanosuke return with an unexpected prize - a woman. Beautiful and mysterious, Takani Megumi, the daughter of a famous family of physicians, has unwittingly been participating in the production of a super-powerful, super-profitable form of opium. Hot on her trail is shady industrialist Kanryu, and Sanosuke may not be her best protector ...more
Published November 9th 2004 by VIZ Media LLC (first published December 1st 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 8, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 8

Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 01 by Hiromu ArakawaFruits Basket, Vol. 1 by Natsuki TakayaDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaVampire Knight, Vol. 01 by Matsuri HinoBleach Volume 01 by Tite Kubo
good manga
269th out of 453 books — 169 voters

More lists with this book...

La Revistería Comics
Reedición de Rurouni Kenshin volumen 8: Por el camino tokai-meiji.
Incluye la popular sección "Aclaraciones de la traducción" y el índice original, inédito en la primera edición argentina.

Índice de Rurouni Kenshin Volumen 8: Por el camino Tokai-Meiji
Capítulo 58: Hacia Kyoto... (primera parte)
Capítulo 59: Hacia Kyoto... (segunda parte)
Capítulo 60: Los sentimientos de Megumi - Los sentimientos de Kaoru
Capítulo 61: Un hombre cruel
Capítulo 62: Por el camino tokai-meiji
Capítulo 63: Misao Makimachi
Capí
Sara
At the beginning of this volume, we see each of our residents at the dojo dealing with Kenshin's departure. Kaoru takes it the hardest, but with Megumi's brutal encouragement, she follows Kenshin with Yahiko. Sanosuke battles with Hajime and also decides to follow Kenshin. The last images we see if the dojo are of Aoshi and Megumi discussing when Kenshin will be back...Hajime convinces him to wait for Kenshin and battle with him then.

Kenshin is on his way to Kyoto, by way of the East End Road. W
Robin
May 21, 2012 Robin rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: owned
This story literally has everything I love in a manga. A fantastic main character with a wonderful backstory, an awesome leading lady who isn't just there for boob-service and actually has a great, well-rounded character, wonderful and memorable supporting characters whether they be friends or foes, stories that get rounded-out and resolved and don't just focus on getting the BRAND NEW FIGHTING TECHNIQUE!!1, a storyline that doesn't stray into sentimental or cliche and yet still tugs at your hea ...more
Carlos
The start of the Shishio Arc is a good return to form after a few less-than stellar volumes.
Mohammad Hakiki
Sanosuke, Kaoru, Yahiko, Hajime Saitou, even Aoshi Shinomori goes to Kyoto, and Kenshin meet Misao Makimachi in the way to Kyoto. She looks for Aoshi and other Oniwabanshu's members, they are like brothers for her. Kenshin tries so hard to not telling her the sad story.....
Jeffrey
The first volume of the Kyoto arc depicts the start of Kenshin's journey across the country to face down Shishio. Finally bringing in characters that evoke the pain and struggle of revolution in a way Kenshin's escapism seldom does, Nobuhiro Watsuki puts together a strong volume and a worthy volume in this series.
Nikki
As I said for volume seven, I like this arc. I like the bits about Sanosuke trying to get stronger, and all the different reactions to Kenshin's departure. Misao is a little bit annoying, being the stereotypical perky ninja girl -- she reminds me of Yuffie from Final Fantasy VII in that, and a bit of Rikku from FFX/X-2... not the most original character template. Still, her character design's interesting.
Michelle
Not only was this an action packed series, but it was also full of great historical information. I learned so much about Japan's history by reading this series. Watsuki managed to throw in a nice amount of romance as well. All in all, it was a great fun read that kept me wanting more.
Windimatsuko
Feb 23, 2010 Windimatsuko added it
Recommends it for: one who love japan culture, samurai and anime
Recommended to Windimatsuko by: my friend.
Shelves: favorite
I love this volume since there is Misao!
She is my favorite heroine in this series.
I love her, she's really funny.

"Makimachi Misao never reveald her name to the strangers!

See?
Toni
Yup, still hatin' this part - although I love Misao and adore Megumi! Megumi especially. Someone needed to talk some sense into Kaoru!
Moirrey
MISAO MISAO MISAO. She's my sweet princess and that's all I have to say.
Declan
They keep bringing in cool new characters.
Steph
Sep 27, 2008 Steph rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: manga lovers
Shelves: manga
One of my favorite manga series.
Doopa5000
Very violent which is good.
Laura marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Ppt
Ppt marked it as to-read
Dec 17, 2014
Muten
Muten added it
Dec 16, 2014
Addy
Addy added it
Dec 15, 2014
  • Trigun: Deep Space Planet Future Gun Action!! #2 (Trigun, #2)
  • YuYu Hakusho: The Dark Tournament, Vol. 6 (YuYu Hakusho, #6)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 06 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #6)
  • Ranma 1/2, Volume 18
Watsuki Nobuhiro (和月 伸宏) is a Japanese manga artist, best known for his samurai-themed series Rurouni Kenshin. He once worked as an assistant for his favorite author Takeshi Obata.
More about Nobuhiro Watsuki...
Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 1 (Rurouni Kenshin, #1) Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 3 (Rurouni Kenshin, #3) Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 2 (Rurouni Kenshin, #2) Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 4 (Rurouni Kenshin, #4) Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 6 (Rurouni Kenshin, #6)