Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 19 (Rurouni Kenshin #19)

Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 19 (Rurouni Kenshin #19)

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  1,019 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Packed with action, romance and historical intrigue, Rurouni Kenshin is one of the most beloved and popular manga series worldwide. Set against the backdrop of the Meiji Restoration, it tells the saga of Himura Kenshin, once an assassin of ferocious power, now a humble rurouni, a wandering swordsman fighting to protect the honor of those in need.

A hundred and fifty years

Published October 10th 2005 by VIZ Media LLC (first published February 4th 1998)

Fruits Basket, Volume 01 by Natsuki TakayaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 01 by Hiromu ArakawaDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaVampire Knight, Vol. 01 by Matsuri HinoBleach Volume 01 by Tite Kubo
good manga
286th out of 454 books — 158 voters

More lists with this book...

Robin
May 22, 2012 Robin rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: owned
This story literally has everything I love in a manga. A fantastic main character with a wonderful backstory, an awesome leading lady who isn't just there for boob-service and actually has a great, well-rounded character, wonderful and memorable supporting characters whether they be friends or foes, stories that get rounded-out and resolved and don't just focus on getting the BRAND NEW FIGHTING TECHNIQUE!!1, a storyline that doesn't stray into sentimental or cliche and yet still tugs at your hea...more
Shaun
Pretty interesting revenge tale against Kenshin. I like the different antagonists that Watsuki creates in the manga. As the wondering samurai Kenshin is hilarious, but I love his assassin persona and how serious he becomes. I would like to finish this arc if I can find the material.
Jonathan Dillingham
I read a book called rurouni kenshin and it is all about the main character and the battle with his past. Kenshin is a retired assassin but still fights to protect his friends and the dojo. He has received a letter of war and is brought back to his past, in witch he tells everyone in the dojo the most important part of his past. He killed his own wife.

I would rate this book a 10 because it is action packed and it is filled with suspense. You learn things that you would never have learned in an...more
Khanh (Kittens, Rainbows, and Sunshine)
The beginning of the Tomoe arc (also the basis for the OAV) and it is my favorite part of the manga. Yeah, the rest of the books were good, but frankly, the series majorly drooped towards the middle. It gets interesting again when we meet Enishi, Tomoe's little brother, who is out for vengeance against Kenshin, whom he holds responsible for his sister's death. From this volume, we get a deeper glimpse of Kenshin's earliest days as a swordsman. If you skipped most of the manga through the boring...more
Nikki
It was interesting to see Sanosuke in a fight without being able to use the technique he learnt from Anji. He's still kind of outclassed. I wonder if he'll get stronger still over the course of the next arc.

Kenshin's backstory is interesting. Veeery interesting. I think I saw one of the movies with the backstory, so I knew about Tomoe already, but I thiiink the movie was in French, which I wasn't good with at the time, so some of this is new to me.
Sara
We get a big chunk of history of Kenshin's past and we find out that he used to be married. Our new villain is his brother-in-law and he wants to avenge his sister. Some of the history was confusing to me and I needed to read parts of this several times, but for the most part, this was an interesting volume.
Michelle
Not only was this an action packed series, but it was also full of great historical information. I learned so much about Japan's history by reading this series. Watsuki managed to throw in a nice amount of romance as well. All in all, it was a great fun read that kept me wanting more.
Starbubbles
oh, it's getting soo good! it's fun seeing the differences between the movie (samurai x: trust and betrayal) and the book. they are so simular, yet different. i can't wait to read on!
Jeffrey
A solid entry, even if it (reasonably) regresses supporting character Sanosuke's power level because of injury. Still, he remains the antagonists can beat up without being truly villainous.
Nikki  King
It's really starting to get interesting now! We get I learn about Kenshin's past and who That girl was!
dian_yachan
adegan paling gw ngga suka yaitu adegan Kenshi dengan Tomoe =P
Declan
I can feel it slowly starting to crank up again.
Steph
One of my favorite manga series.
Doopa5000
Very violent which is good.
Morgan
Morgan added it
Jul 12, 2014
ReadingFrog
ReadingFrog marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Sunny
Sunny marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2014
  • Ranma 1/2, Volume 22
  • Yu Yu Hakusho (Volume 13: The Executors of a Dying Wish!!)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 07 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #7)
Watsuki Nobuhiro (和月 伸宏) is a Japanese manga artist, best known for his samurai-themed series Rurouni Kenshin. He once worked as an assistant for his favorite author Takeshi Obata.
More about Nobuhiro Watsuki...
Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 1 (Rurouni Kenshin, #1) Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 3 (Rurouni Kenshin #3) Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 2  (Rurouni Kenshin, #2) Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 4  (Rurouni Kenshin #4) Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 8 (Rurouni Kenshin #8)