Start by marking “Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 6 (Rurouni Kenshin, #6)” as Want to Read:
Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 6 (Rurouni Kenshin, #6)

Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 6 (Rurouni Kenshin #6)

4.36 of 5 stars 4.36  ·  rating details  ·  1,834 ratings  ·  19 reviews
His "sakabato broken in battle, Kenshin seeks out the man who forged it--Arai Shakku'u--only to be turned away. Seiku, son of the legendary swordsmith, had for a time been continuing his father's work (the forging of "katana, meant for killing), but now limits his skills to cooking knives only. Respecting Seiku's wishes, Kenshin leaves without the desired blade...but not b ...more
Published August 3rd 2004 by VIZ Media LLC (first published August 4th 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 6, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 6

Fruits Basket, Volume 01 by Natsuki TakayaFullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 01 by Hiromu ArakawaDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaVampire Knight, Vol. 01 by Matsuri HinoBleach Volume 01 by Tite Kubo
good manga
402nd out of 454 books — 167 voters

More lists with this book...

Christina
It's at the climax for the battle between Raijuuta and Kenshin when Raijuuta is finally able to truly anger Kenshin. Even though Raijuuta had been rendered a pride-less samurai with the confidence of 0%, will his foolish actions cause the loss of the pride and dream of a young, aspiring, Tokyo samurai? Then, a man from the past enters Sanosuke's life and threatens to take him away from his friends and easy-going life by proposing a plan that will revive the Sekiho Army... But at what cost to the ...more
Robert J. Roland
The fact that they added drugs into a book like this threw me for a loop. I actually didn't expect a book like this to go so far into drugs. I think that actually make this book even more Awesome. Not to much I'd rate this a 4 because it was a little harder too read than normally. I don't know if it's because the writers are going with a new approach or if this book is just a little off for me.
Starbubbles
i really enjoyed the sailor saturn reference. they even looked alike! it was super niffty! plus i've been enjoying seeing differences in how the anime reinterpreted different story developments (such as the rich kid and his evil sensei).
Nikki
I like the character development for Yahiko and Yutaro here. Hee. And the side story with Sanosuke in it is great. I didn't bother reading the bonus story, though -- I read it ages ago and, eh, it didn't leave much impression on me.
La Revistería Comics
Reedición de Rurouni Kenshin volumen 6: No hay razón para preocuparse.
Incluye la popular sección "Aclaraciones de la traducción" y el índice original, inédito en la primera edición argentina.

Índice de Rurouni Kenshin Volumen 6: No hay razón para preocuparse
Capítulo 40: Un hombre de ideales
Capítulo 41: Otra técnica secreta
Capítulo 42: Vos no conocés
Capítulo 43: La conclusión
Capítulo 44: No hay razón para preocuparse
Capítulo 45: Historia extra: Sanosuke y el nishiki-e (primera parte)
Capítulo 46: H
Federiken Masters
La famosa calma antes de la tormenta. Este tomo en su momento me gustó mucho pero no era nada comparado a lo que estaba por venir. Puntos extras por la historia "Luna creciente sobre un país en guerra".
Jeffrey
Pretty average stories, though it does introduce another, albeit brief, student to the school and has a nice side story for Sanosuke.
Declan
Feel like its starting to build to something now. Not sure what yet.
Tori
Oct 04, 2008 Tori added it
Shelves: manga
Rurouni Kenshin, Volume 6 (2004)
Robin
May 21, 2012 Robin rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: owned
This story literally has everything I love in a manga. A fantastic main character with a wonderful backstory, an awesome leading lady who isn't just there for boob-service and actually has a great, well-rounded character, wonderful and memorable supporting characters whether they be friends or foes, stories that get rounded-out and resolved and don't just focus on getting the BRAND NEW FIGHTING TECHNIQUE!!1, a storyline that doesn't stray into sentimental or cliche and yet still tugs at your hea ...more
Jonathan Dillingham
Rurouni kenshin is the strongest japanese swordsmean ever. He has his own dojo and trains with his friends kaoru, sano,yahiko and yotaro. He is an assasin for a man named okubo, and has killed many. But of those he had failed o kill in the past, have come back to kill him! Although kenshinhasgiven up his assasin path, he still does what he has to do to protect his friends.

I really liked the book and I am going to read more in the series because I liked the action and the thrills. I rate this boo
Ninja Neko
I liked this one better than the previous volumes, as it focussed a bit more on characters (Yahiko and Sanosuke in particular). Still can't really get into Rurouni Kenshin. Very episodic ("villain of the week" type of thing), very little character development, and just a lot of, well, fighting. The art is pretty good though, and I'm still hoping to find something deeper - I picked up this series from the local library because I remembered loving the Tsuiokuhen (prequel) OVA a lot. So far the man ...more
Kelsey
Rurouni Kenshin is the second manga that I ever finished reading. I like the drawing style a lot and thought that the plot was pretty good. The thing that I liked about this manga was that there are several people and events in here (such as Saito Hajime, Katsura Kogoro, etc.) that were real/ did happen and I enjoyed looking up said people and events and finding out the historical facts. The manga is also a good read.
☆Meredith (メルたん)♪
Something about Rurouni Kenshin sat well from the beginning, but it was only a four star at first. However, after a few novels it just got better and better, and I just love Sano and Kenshin! They're awesome and Yahiko is cute :)
However, the best part about this novel was the bonus story at the end. I mean seriously??? It makes me like Watsuki's work more & more.
Michelle
Not only was this an action packed series, but it was also full of great historical information. I learned so much about Japan's history by reading this series. Watsuki managed to throw in a nice amount of romance as well. All in all, it was a great fun read that kept me wanting more.
Doopa5000
Very violent which is good.
Steph
Sep 25, 2008 Steph rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: manga lovers
Shelves: manga
One of my favorite mangas.
Andi M
Andi M marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Divya
Divya added it
Nov 22, 2014
  • YuYu Hakusho: Spirit Detective, Vol. 3 (YuYu Hakusho, #3)
  • Trigun: Deep Space Planet Future Gun Action!! #2 (Trigun, #2)
  • Fullmetal Alchemist, Vol. 04 (Fullmetal Alchemist, #4)
  • Ranma ½, Vol. 4 (Ranma ½ (US 2nd), #4)
Watsuki Nobuhiro (和月 伸宏) is a Japanese manga artist, best known for his samurai-themed series Rurouni Kenshin. He once worked as an assistant for his favorite author Takeshi Obata.
More about Nobuhiro Watsuki...
Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 1 (Rurouni Kenshin, #1) Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 3 (Rurouni Kenshin, #3) Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 2 (Rurouni Kenshin, #2) Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 4 (Rurouni Kenshin, #4) Rurouni Kenshin, Vol. 8 (Rurouni Kenshin, #8)