Start by marking “Hard Candy” as Want to Read:
Hard Candy

Hard Candy (Interstellar Service & Discipline #2.5)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  703 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Hero Sandwich by Angela Knight: Take two handsome superheroes, add one bad girl gone good--and stand back while the sparks fly! Meg Jennings is more than a photographer-- she's Paparazzi, superhero shutterbug. Using the suit that gives her the ability to fly and turn invisible, she takes photos of superheroes in combat with their deadliest enemies. Some of Meg's subjects ...more
Published June 30th 2005 by Loose Id, LLC (first published January 25th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Hard Candy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hard Candy

Redeeming Zorus by Laurann DohnerTouching Ice by Laurann DohnerTaunting Krell by Laurann DohnerKissing Steel by Laurann DohnerBurning Up Flint by Laurann Dohner
Robots, Androids, Gynoids, Cyborgs, My Loves
31st out of 141 books — 209 voters
Lover Awakened by J.R. WardDark Lover by J.R. WardLover Eternal by J.R. WardFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesA Hunger Like No Other by Kresley Cole
Best Smut Books
237th out of 1,182 books — 1,072 voters

More lists with this book...

Holly
Hero Sandwich by Angela Knight

To the superheroes and supervillains of New York City, Meg Jennings is Paparazzi, an invisible flying menace who snaps pictures of them while they are out fighting the good fight. When one of her photos ends up causing speculation about superheroes Cougar and Lynx's sexual preferences, the brothers have had enough. It's time to bring this flying menace down. They lay a trap for her and she walks right into their arms. Now poor Meg is facing prison for past crimes, b
Carolyn F.
Anthology. 3.67 stars. Better than average erotica fiction.

1. Hero Sandwich by Angela Knight. Menage a trois with super heroes. Cute, very short story. ***

2. Candy for her Soul by Sheri Gilmore. High school jock, bad boy and nerd meet up 7 years later and find out, with a little outside help, that they're better together than apart. Good story. ****

3. Fortune's Star by Morgan Hawke. Luxi gets fired from her job because they find out she's psychic when she tries to save her boss. Her boss then f
Andromeda Bliss
HOT. If you want a short story that will make you squirm and sweat and seriously wish you were one of the characters, Fortune's Star will do the trick. Well-executed erotica, with an intriguing scifi storyline entwined and enhanced by the scorching sex scenes, I give this piece two panting thumbs up!

(Note: I read this in the Hard Candy Anthology, and the other two stories were wonderful also!)
Coyora Dokusho
these are all menage stories

all kind of shallow, but I liked the characters, and there was cool! stuff!! in each story.

Angela Knight's was probably the story that I liked the least, which is funny because she's the only one I'd read before, there was a spider woman story of hers I'd thought was funny, it was in that Guardian? Mage? something universe but I can't remember which one it was... anyway, the other stories were funny and charming enough that I'm looking up the authors for more of their
Cynthia
This was an interesting combination of stories. The first, Hero Sandwich by Angela Knight, was the shortest. It's a very cute story about a couple of superheroes who catch Papparazzi, who took pictures of them, and get revenge. The second is Candy for Her Soul by Sheri Gilmore, an interesting take about accepting gifts from strangers. The final story is Fortune's Star by Morgan Hawke. I really enjoyed reading this one. It's set in the same future world as Victorious Star. This is a very hot read ...more
Dianne
Hard Candy- Angela Knight, Morgan Hawke, Sheri Gilmore

If you find yourself titillated and curious about threesomes then you may want to start your journey with this book .It is by three totally different authors with three distinctly different writing styles.

Many of us have read Angela Knight and her Mageverse books but many don’t know that she has a bit of a more erotica bent too. It certainly shows with some of her love scenes in her non-erotica. Ms Knight has a flair of blending a good story
Emme
Ok, this should really be more like 3.8 stars, or something. Three stories in one book, so I'll kind of review them separately.

Hero Sandwich by Angela Knight ***

This was a cute story with a superhero twist(ed). I think I would have enjoyed it more if it had been a bit longer. I'm glad I got to read this, because I'm interested in reading Angela Knight (I am reading a non-fiction title she has written about writing romance/erotica).

Candy for Her Soul by Sheri Gilmore ****

This was the standout sto
Moderatrix Lori
There were three stories in this book and if I could rate them separately, I'd give Hero Sandwich 4 stars, Candy for her Soul 4.5 stars and Fortune's Star 5 stars.

Hero Sandwich, the shortest of the three, was a cute, fun romp with hot sex but not much of a story.

Candy for her Soul was a really good story AND had really hot sex. 2 guys, 1 girl, gay for you, best friends, unrequited love...this story had it all and did it very, very well.

Fortune's Star - Well, it just doesn't get much better tha
Inara
Three erotic stories written by Angela Knight, Sheri Gilmore and Morgan Hawke. All of them are a menage á trois mostly m/f/m but also m/m and rather erotic. So dont expect too much plot...lol! My favorite story was the third one by Morgan Hawke "Fortunes Star" set in a futuristic wordl where a cyborg housing a human spirit, a telepath and a fortune-teller are the main characters. I also found the story quite compelling and I wouldnt have minded if it wasnt only a story but a whole book.
The two o
k reads
Three erotic stories involving MMF threesomes.
Angela Knight's story is short on character development but still sexy and fun. Set in a world where superheroes exist, it is more about titillation than storytelling. That said, it is still a spicy little read.
Sheri Gilmore's tale has more depth to it. A contemporary tale about three former school mates who realize their heart's desire lies with each other. Some nice characterization leads to a solid story about three friends who become lovers.
The
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
I bought this book for Ms. Hawke and Ms. Knight. I like both the stories. The smexy superhero one from Ms. Knight was fast and enjoyable. I liked how Jennings was taken to task by Cougar. Hero sandwich could been a bit longer with a few more meals...

Ms. Hawke's Fortune Star takes me to the sexy alternative future world of Imperial Stars. The ghost theme was pretty hot. Luxi is wooed by two men, well, kind of two men and I loved it. Ms. Hawke writes hot scenes.
~Lei ~  Reading Is An Adventure ~
This anthology was worth the money just for Fortune's Star, an excellent addition to Hawke's Star series. This is a reread story for me.

It's even more worth it for the train scene.

Merged review:

I finally finished the other two stories in this anthology - my favorite was Fortune's Star, another great addition to her Star series and already a reread - I rated it 4 stars and the other two stories 3 stars.
Jessica
I think this was my first exposure to Morgan Hawke and the reason I became a fan of hers. Cyborgs, aliens, telepaths, and Japanese spirits set in a futuristic world. The pacing is good, the plotting is elaborate for a novella but it holds together and the characters are well-developed. It's an odd mix of funny, erotic, tender and scary. Has ties to the stand-alone novel Hungry Spirits.
Carole-Ann
The Angela Knight superheroes story is great fun; Sheri Gilmore's is sweet; but the Morgan Hawke story is fantastic, and led me to buying ALL her stuff.

Have read, and re-read this book for years :)

ETA: This is a must KEEP book & have read over and over again. Never gets old :)
Fifi LaFleur
5 stars for Ms. Hawke. The rest I haven't read, I admit. I wish the story was longer and it lacked the depth of her other stories set in this world, but it was still a treat. I loved they dynamics of the characters and the cyborg/ghost was tasty! Only bummer? no Skeldi in sight. ;-)
I enjoyed the first two stories a lot. I wish the 2nd one especially had it's own book and was a lot longer.

I thought the third story was too complicated. It was the longest but I really didn't like it. If it had been better, I would have given the book four stars.
Serena
Knight, Angela - Hero Sandwich *****
Gilmore, Sheri - Candy for her Soul **
Hawke, Morgan - Fortune's Star ****

My Rating System:
Suburbancowgirl
Hawke is quickly becoming one of my favorite writers. While this takes place int the ISD universe, it is a tangential book with its own set of characters. Loved the Cyborg. Good story and action along with the hot sex.
Juniper
Hero sandwich - too short to have any character development. Super-heroes. PWP.
Candy for her Soul - enjoyed the m/m element, but menage scenes hot also.
Fortune's Star - sci-fi erotica.
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Ms. Hawke generally writes some good futuristic stories, heated up with great sex. Fortune's Star is one that I found to have just the right amount of sex. Always a good read.
Shelly
I can't say that I enjoyed Knight's and Gilmore's stories as much as I did Hawke's. That story was...the BOMB! It reminded me a lot of her Interstellar series world.
Oceans
What do you get when you mix haunted cyborgs, telepath, ghosts, phantoms and futuristic environment? Fun and sexy read in Morgan Hawke's style.
Jo * Smut-Dickted *
Rating is for Hawke's story - someday I'll read the other 2 but Hawke's story was 60% of this. I liked it alot -- as I do all her stories. Hot SciFi!
Kathy Davie
Angela Knight's Hero Sandwich is definitely not up to her usual standard.

The title of this collection was the best part.
Talltree
Read only the Angela Knight story, scorching hot, MFM scene but HEA is MF.
Superhero alternate reality book
Shelly
Y'all the train scenes alone are worth it....
Shelley
Hero Sandwich by Angela Knight - 3.5 stars
Lynn Calvin
headless woman cover
Katy
alright, kind of cool
  • Fallen Star (Interstellar Service & Discipline, #2)
  • Bightmares (Deep Space Mission Corps, # 2)
  • Romance at the Edge: In Other Worlds
  • Zeraac's Miracle (Fallon Mates, #2)
  • Gift of the Goddess (Phoenix Rising, #1)
  • In Service
  • Manaconda (includes Trek Mi Q'an novella & Horde Wars #4)
  • Hale (Circe's Recruits, #4)
  • Past Pleasures (Desire Through Time, #1)
  • The Queen's Consorts
  • Belle Starr
  • Retreat From Love (Brothers in Arms #5)
  • The Breaker's Concubine
  • Demon's Fire (Tale of the Demon World, #6)
Angela Knight is an American author of mostly erotic fantasy. She was a reporter for ten years and a comic book author. She lives in South Carolina. First published under Red Sage, she was able to write romantic fiction for the first time in 1996. She published several short stories in their Secrets anthologies. Editor Cindy Hwang brought her to Berkley Publishing and has helped her become a best ...more
More about Angela Knight...

Interstellar Service & Discipline (4 books)
  • Lost Star (Interstellar Service & Discipline, #0.5)
  • Victorious Star (Interstellar Service & Discipline, #1)
  • Fallen Star (Interstellar Service & Discipline, #2)
  • Fortune's Star (Interstellar Service & Discipline, #2.50)
Shifter (Includes: Warriors of Poseidon, #2.5; Breeds, #15; Children of the Sea Prequel) Burning Up (Children of the Sea, #3.5; Psy-Changeling, #0.6; Iron Seas, #0.5) Beyond the Dark (Includes: Tale of the Demon World, #5; Breeds, #13) Master of the Night (Mageverse, #1) Master of Wolves (Mageverse, #3)