Start by marking “If It Flies (Market Garden, #3)” as Want to Read:
If It Flies (Market Garden, #3)

If It Flies (Market Garden #3)

3.76  ·  Rating Details ·  1,045 Ratings  ·  220 Reviews
If it flies, drives, or fornicates, it’s cheaper to rent it.

Spencer is in a rut. Long hours at the law firm are sucking the life out of him, and he doesn’t have time or energy for a relationship. He’s lonely, horny, and itching for something new, so he tries the Market Garden, an exclusive—and expensive—brothel. Spencer isn’t in the door five minutes before a cocky rentboy
ebook, 2nd Edition, 77 pages
Published March 10th 2016 by Lori Witt

To ask other readers questions about If It Flies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If It Flies

Monique ~ Sinfully
All work and no play makes Spencer a dull boy! and I hate to say it but until the last 20% of the book things don’t improve!

photo tumblr_mem6yc432Z1r57dsjo1_500.jpg

I am a huge Aleksandr Voinov fan and have grown to love L.A Witt in the previous instalments of The Market Garden series, but unfortunately If It Flies didn’t fly for me!

I am actually lost for words… Ha, me speechless, now that doesn't happen often. Usually I can waffle on for pages in awe of Mr Voinov’s writing even the two previous short novellas from these two great aut
Susan
Mar 06, 2013 Susan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Well, it was bound to happen. There had to come a day when I just wouldn’t enjoy something written by The Genius. At least once, right?

I’m a fan of the first two Market Garden books. Sure, they’re short stories, essentially just barely more than pwp. But I really like Tristan and Jared...as characters, I find them charming, I like their attraction to one another, the sex is ridiculously steamy, and I’m left wanting more of their story.

I just didn’t have the same connection, or ANY conn
Rosalinda *KRASNORADA*

If it flies, drives, or fornicates, it's always cheaper to rent it

I just don't know... I loved Quid pro Quo and Take it Off but I didn't love this one :(. I rounded up to 3 stars but this is 2.5 stars for me.

Spencer is a lawyer who meets Nick in Market Garden.

"You buy me a drink, it's a fiver. You want to lick it off me? It's a hundred?"

Yeah, pretty simple!

Spencer rents Nick for a couple hours and he wants more after that encounter. They had good sex, I should admit that but I just didn't fe
Sammy Loves Books
Finally!! Some quality time with Nick!!

Hot Nick Ass

BDSM has so many elements. I'm more accustomed to books that focus on the Bondage/Discipline aspect but If It Flies focuses more on the Sadist/Masochist aspect. Nick is a natural Dom, but he is also a Sadist. He gets off sexually on the pain of others. Nick is also a somewhat jaded rentboy. Experience has taught him to never mix the business aspect with his personal life.
“Do you date at all?” Spencer asked.

“You find me a guy worth dating who’s willing to
Shurrn
Market Garden takes a turn toward the sadistic side of lust...
It was odd that he felt his strongest while Nick hurt him. Not hurt hurt, but that moment when the pain came in and receded, like a rolling wave that bared treasure on the way back—that moment felt always like he’d tapped into an inner strength he’d never before touched or been aware of.
I couldn't stay away from the Market Garden series.
1 - I adore L.A. Witt & Aleksandr Voinov
2 - I have a thing for Rent Boys
3 - I loved the f
Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog

~ ~ ~

4 Intense Stars

Spencer braced against the bed and forced back tears that were increasingly from pleasure more than pain.
Pleasure? From--
Snap.
God, yes.
Snap.

Longer than the first two books in the series combined, this book plays with deeper connections. I thought the Market Garden books might maintain the lighter, sweeter tone of the first two, but no. Instead, Witt and Voinov approached this one with more intensity, if you can believe it. One of the things they did carry over though, wa
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I'm going to go against the grain here and say this is my favorite in the Market Garden series thus far! 4 very strong stars for me (who apparently loves kink!!).

I was a bit thrown when this book started with completely different characters than the first two in the series. However, I quickly fell for Spencer and Nick.

Though I read a lot of BDSM, it has to be done just right for me to love it. Too much too fast and the scene reads as forced. Too timid and it doesn't feel real (you can't have a
Alvin
Jul 13, 2014 Alvin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
PAINFULLY & PLEASURABLY SEXY.
I really liked it!
First of all, I wanna say I'm really impressed on L.A. Witt & Aleksandr Voinov's pairing. Their writing is really really good. I haven't read a solo L.A. Witt read yet, but I can really tell their collaboration works so well. They did everything right.

Whoo! This was really hot.

Spencer & Nick

Nick! A sexy motherfucker. A rentboy and dominant in one who really knows what he does and enjoys it. Who would not like that?

And Spencer, the tent
Debra
This is actually my favorite of the series so far.

There was more of a plot than in the first two and I liked watching rentboy Nick bring out Spencer's submissive and masochistic side. Nick is a cocky Dom who fits the part just right and knows how to read Spencer and push him to his limits. The progression of the relationship felt natural, although I wold have liked to see a little bit of what happened during the 3 month time jump in training.

There was also just the right amount of conflict and
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰ & MANTIES Champion
description

It was odd that he felt his strongest while Nick hurt him. Not hurt hurt, but that moment when the pain came in and receded, like a rolling wave that bared treasure on the way back-that moment felt always like he'd tapped into an inner strength he'd never before touched or been aware of.

There's quite a bit to like about If It Flies. This installment is quite a bit more involved which, I mean, let's call a spade a spade, didn't take much. I kinda miss Rolex and the lapdancing, ain't gonna lie.
Sarah ❤️ Literary Hottie
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

As It Flies is the third book in the Market Garden series but in this book we leave behind Tristan and Jared and instead meet two new characters; Spencer and Nick.

Spencer, is a lawyer who is stuck in a rut, spending his life working far too many hours and having very little fun, so when his friend Percy persuades him to try 'renting' some fun in the form of a male prostitute he decides to give it a go and goes along to Market Garden, a high class brothel.

Meet Nick, an experienced, highly in de
Macky
Oh dear Where to start? First off before I get to reviewing the book I want to say that I still heart L.A and Aleks as writers, one book disappointment is not going to change that so I write this review with a slightly heavy heart. Like the majority of readers I thoroughly enjoyed Books 1& 2, both 5 star reads IMO, even though they were a lot shorter than this one... Endearing,cheeky and loveable characters and smoking sex scenes that as well as being hot as hell, oozed chemistry and ...more
JR
Mar 12, 2013 JR rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, life, favorites
I enjoyed this story because I have an endless fascination with BDSM. I found it interesting to see the main character Spencer discover his overwhelming desire to be a sub. He discovers this at the hands of a snarky, sarcastic man/child named Nick. The key to it all is trust, they develop a bond of trust that becomes unshakable. The kicker is that of a powerful lawyer being a sub. Who wouldn't enjoy that.

I give it a single tail full of stars. Warning:if you are not interested in BDSM best keep
Tina
Jul 11, 2013 Tina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm

I thought I wouldn't like Nick and Spencer as much as Jared and Tristan.

I. Was. So. Wrong!

There is the prostitute Nick, a Dom and Sadist, who doesn't give away anything about his true self in the first place, and Spencer, a lawyer, who discovers his needs as a submissive and a masochist.

Nick is so sexy and controlled, so cool and secretive. I hadn't any issues with his aloof demeanor. In his job he has to keep it that way and he is good at his job.
And it's okay that we get to know his true self
Bev
Jun 12, 2013 Bev rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, hot-as-hell

Oh dear, didn't think I was going to finish this, I just couldn't get invested in the characters, so 3 stars at best.

This series started off really well, and I had no problems in awarding the first book 5 stars...it was smokin' hot and sooo sexy. Then the second book came out, and my interest started waning....4 stars and probably, in truth, should have been 3.5, but everyone else seemed to love it, so I thought it was just me...hormones etc., This one, as I've already said, I struggled to a) ge
Susan
Oct 15, 2016 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm, mm
Re-read Oktober 16 2016

Still the best rentboy story there is.

------------------------------------

Market Garden 3&4 features Spencer and Nick and can be read without having read 1&2

Best rentboy story there is!! The writing in this is just AMAZING.

This one is about Spencer, a hotshot lawyer, though a shy one. Spencer feels so stressed, he needs something to relieve the pressure. When his colleague and friend Percy takes him to Market Garden, he simply goes along with it. He is not expectin
Lena♥Ribka
Dec 10, 2013 Lena♥Ribka rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: aleksandr-voinov

I have read it in the wrong order! Yes, from the Part1 directly to the Part3. My luck -it is a collection of the different stories with the different characters. Otherwise I would have noticed it!
I am sill in the middle of reading...Quickly back to Part 2!

...and the single thought that was on my mind the whole day:

HOW DOES THE CO-WRITING FOR SOMETHING LIKE THAT WORK WITHOUT ENDING UP IN A WILD ORGY?!

I am most certainly not suitable for this work putting aside my writing skills...

Em
Mar 31, 2013 Em rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed the first two Market Garden books and I wasn't quite sure if I would like Nick and Spencer as much as Jared and Tristan. However I did. If It Flies is a longer book than the previous two and concentrates more on the Sadist/Masochist aspect of BDSM. I loved the added intensity of this book and for me it is the best one so far.
Amy
Dec 22, 2013 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If it flies, drives, or fornicates, it’s cheaper to rent it.

Well after getting over my initial disappointment that this wasn’t another Tristan and Jared story, I quite enjoyed this one! Spencer is a lawyer who’s stuck in a rut. He works long hours and really doesn’t have time for a relationship. His friend/co-worker Percy talks him in to going to Market Garden, an exclusive (and expensive!) brothel. Spencer is immediately approached by Nick, a Dom and one of Market Gardens top rentboys. I enjoye
MishyJo
Nov 09, 2013 MishyJo rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Still catching my breath. WOW. So, I liked this one even better than the first two. Sorry Jared and Tristan, I still love you both but I have moved on. The BDSM element in this one did it for me. Although the books was short and not overly deep, this was one of the few books I have read that made me think about what it is like for a Dom who is doing a scene outside a relationship to have to stay detached. I usually think about the psychology of being a sub, but here both sides were explored. ...more
Britta ★ Nachteule ★

Phew... *wipes her sweaty forehead* What can I say?

Eeeem... Thanks, Joe!

While the first two instalments more or less were mere PWPs -excellently written PWPs but PWPs nonetheless- this was more. Not only more in length, also more in depth.

I love BDSM if it's well written and here it's extremly great written!

(Nick is discribed much more discreet but it suits him definitely more than this (view spoiler)!!! *choke and shiver*)

The story is told in Spencer's POV only and
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Mar 13, 2013 JustJen "Miss Conduct" rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, ebook
3.5 stars. Having read some of the other reviews, I tried to read this more like a stand alone, which it pretty much could be. The only real connections are the Market Garden link and the little bit of background on Nick. We know from the previous books that Nick's speciality is providing services to the kinkier clients. We do not get so much as a glimpse of Tristan or Jared working the floor during the times the story takes place at the Garden. Putting that asice, as this is Nick's story, it ...more
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

Holy shit, this series is FUCKHOT. Damn.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Spencer is an overworked, under-sexed closeted attorney. When his coworker talked him into coming to Market Garden for a night of hot sex with a rent boy of his choice...he went. Not sure what he was walking into, he sets eyes on Nick. Nick is a high-paid Dom and sadist. He appears to see deep inside Spencer's psyche...able to see the submissive he's hiding deep inside.

What follows is a night of unbridled, almost animalistic D/s passion. Wow. It. Was. H
Natasha
This book brought out a whirlwind of emotions in me, and I loved in. In my opinion, it was the best of the series. Not just because it was longer, but the character development was great and I felt really connected. Nick is my favorite of this series for sure. This felt like the perfect kind of BDSM for me. Dominant, stern, yet compassionate lead male, without all the "sir" stuff, and not really any bondage. It was more of just two people enjoying pain together, which was totally hot btw.
Sara
Sweet. Mother. Of God.

Yup. This is going on my V8 shelf. WHY did I wait so long to read this? Actually I know why. See, Quid Pro Quo was my first real m/m story and I fell hard, fast and panting for Tristan and Jared. When I saw a third book in the series and it wasn't them? I pouted. Ugh. Nick should have come over and whipped my ass for not reading this. Good lord.

Nick and Spencer, what an amazing pair. I loved that Spencer gets dragged to Market Garden and gets exactly what he had no id
Brandilyn
Jan 03, 2016 Brandilyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, bdsm, read-2013
Full review here:

I always love it when a series gets better and better with each offering. The Market Garden series from the duo of LA Witt and Alksandr Voinov definitely fits that bill. Voinov has a penchant for deliciously twisted heroes and Witt is great with developing lovable charcters. Together they really are an unstoppable force. If it Flies differs from the first 2 books in the Market Garden series, Quid Pro Quo and Take it Off, in that it is a fu
Nic
When Take It Off book #2 of the Market Garden series ended, Tristan and Jared had just acknowledged their interest in each other outside of Market Garden and made arrangements to contact each other on their day off. Somehow I expected this book to be the continuation of that story (obviously not reading the blurb before launching in!). I was therefore surprised when the book was about Spencer and Nick. But is was a very pleasant surprise!

I loved the story of Spencer and Nick. The book itself is
Menna
Jul 27, 2014 Menna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m
I liked it! <3

I loved Nike's Dom,sadistic, in control side and also loved his gentle beautiful side!

And being in spencer's head made me curious about his headspace....the blessing of floating and relaxating of the aftermath ,the pain craving....he made me want to try it! LoL! (I'm a really curious person :D)

Although i got bored a little in some places and there were also a couple of eye rolling but all in all i liked it!
Heather C
3.5 Stars

There is absolutely no relationship development in this story. It is all D/s and S/m; some of it was hot but the story itself was long enough to at least prove there was some kind of a connection between Spencer and Nick that was more than just sex. I wasn't convinced! Maybe If It Fornicates will be more convincing.
Serena Yates
Mar 11, 2016 Serena Yates rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gay, bdsm-and-d-s
The principle of "If it flies, drives, or fornicates, it’s cheaper to rent it." may have made me laugh, but there is some truth to it. At least the way one of the main characters' friends sees it. And certainly, this thought has some relevance to a story about a rent boy and his client. But the focus here is the question about the point at which renting is, actually, no longer an option; and not for financial reasons, but actually on emotional grounds.

This background understanding made the story
  • Dark Soul Vol. 4 (Dark Soul, #4)
  • An Inch at a Time (The Professor's Rule #2)
  • City Mouse (Country Mouse, #2)
  • Master Class (Master Class, #1)
  • Dirty Laundry (Tucker Springs, #3)
L.A. Witt is an abnormal M/M romance writer who has finally been released from the purgatorial corn maze of Omaha, Nebraska, and now spends her time on the southwestern coast of Spain. In between wondering how she didn't lose her mind in Omaha, she explores the country with her husband, several clairvoyant hamsters, and an ever-growing herd of rabid plot bunnies.

She also has substantially more ti
More about L.A. Witt...

Market Garden (8 books)
  • Quid Pro Quo (Market Garden, #1)
  • Take It Off (Market Garden, #2)
  • If It Fornicates (Market Garden, #4)
  • Capture & Surrender (Market Garden, #5)
  • Payoff (Market Garden, #6)
  • If It Drives (Market Garden, #7)
  • On the Clock (Market Garden, #8)

“If it flies, drives or fornicates, it´s always cheaper to rent it.” 3 likes
“Spencer: “Based on the number of drinks?”

Nick: “Based on the number of licks.”
2 likes