Start by marking “Rocked (A Chelsie Valdar Saga #1)” as Want to Read:
Rocked (A Chelsie Valdar Saga #1)

Rocked (A Chelsie Valdar Saga #1)

The Apocalypse is coming...in one week. Chelsie Valdar and her brother are modern-day Viking warrior teenagers. They must find a mystical sword belonging to their ancient ancestor and flee to safety at a secret shelter, if they hope to survive. As the clock ticks, several Bigfoot and an outcast werecat become invaluable friends helping with the search for the sword and ...more
Published by CreateSpace (first published February 16th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Rocked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rocked

Lelia Taylor
May 20, 2013 Lelia Taylor rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: full-reviews
I must have telepathized (is that a word?) what kind of books really ring my chimes right into Gina Marie Long’s mind and that’s why she wrote Rocked. Natural disaster apocalypse? Check. Dark fantasy with supernatural creatures? Check. A strong female character? Check. Young adult? Check. The fun sort of science fiction? Check. A light romance but no insta-love? Check.

But bigfoot shapeshifters? Seriously??

Well, yes, so it would seem and, after my initial incredulity and a little sneering, they a
Alexa
Nov 13, 2014 Alexa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
[Originally posted on the blog]

When I first skimmed the summary of Rocked, the phrases/words "Viking warrior teenagers", "mystical sword", "Bigfoot" and "werecat" jumped out at me. It seemed like a random hodgepodge of mythical and paranormal elements, a collection of things that had the potential to, when combined, create the most epic adventure. I followed my instincts and decided to give Rocked a shot. Though I did end up having a few reservations, this novel was a good read.

The strength of t
Gabic Reads
Original review at Gabic Reads as part of the Rocked Blog Tour

This book is in a category all itself. Chelsie Valder is descended from Vikings. She's also friends with boys who shapeshift into Bigfoot. There are also werecats, werewolves, and vampires in this world. The Yellowstone supervolcanoe is about to explode, leading to the Apocalypse. Only the Chosen Ones and those they deem Worthy Ones will survive. But before Chelsie and her friends can escape to the shelter where they will be protected
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
Rocked is one of those books where you pick it up and your not sure your going to like because it is not your normal genre but I am so glad I picked this book up and read it. Lord the surprises that were in the book alone and the things that unfolded had me at the edge of my seat waiting to see what the next thing was because man the action and the suspense and the mystery behind it all had me wanting no needing more by the minute.

Chelsie and her brother are modern day viking warriors and are on
Jasmine
Apr 09, 2013 Jasmine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another amazing book by Gina Marie Long. I was unable to put it down once I started reading. This book is for young adults, but I read and enjoyed it anyways! I can't wait for the second volume!
Leanne Holmes
May 06, 2013 Leanne Holmes rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book 1. Can't wait!!
Megan Mien
Jan 22, 2014 Megan Mien marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
I received a copy in return for a honest review.

You can find this review and more on my blog: words create scenes.

Due to lack of time, this review is composed of notes at the moment. More will be added to it soon.

I think the font is appropriate in this case. It made things more fun to read.

First chapter, and I'm already starting to like this girl's attitude.

The writing style is simplistic. Perfect divide between the focus on the characters and the details about the surroundings. It's simple in
Leanne Holmes
Leanne Holmes rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2013
ReadingToTheStarsAndBack
So, so disapointing! Won't be reading any of the sequels.

[Not part of any tour.]

Charlie xx
Michelle
May 06, 2013 Michelle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: blog-tour-review
Review to come for Book Tour!! But...it's a really cute book. :)
Leanne
Leanne rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2013
Kirsty Vizard
Kirsty Vizard rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2013
Johanna
Johanna rated it liked it
May 20, 2013
Gina Long
Aug 11, 2014 Gina Long added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Feb 23, 2013
Kim Ellis
Kim Ellis marked it as to-read
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Antane
Antane marked it as to-read
Sam
Sam marked it as to-read
Teresa Lavender
Teresa Lavender marked it as to-read
Joyce
Joyce marked it as to-read
Hanna o
Hanna o marked it as to-read
Brittany Poole
Brittany Poole marked it as to-read
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Violet
Violet marked it as to-read
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Krissie
Krissie marked it as to-read
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Arwen S
Arwen S marked it as to-read
Dan Cashin
Dan Cashin marked it as to-read
Barry
Barry marked it as to-read
Cassandra
Cassandra marked it as to-read
Charity
Charity marked it as to-read
Lola Kelley
Lola Kelley marked it as to-read
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Cindy Gates
Cindy Gates marked it as to-read
Alethia Suit
Alethia Suit marked it as to-read
Shelley
Shelley marked it as to-read
Max
Max marked it as to-read
Melanie W.
Melanie W. marked it as to-read
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Devin
Devin marked it as to-read
Amie Marti
Amie Marti marked it as to-read
3202195
Gina Marie Long is an author of paranormal thrillers, urban fantasy, and young adult novels... with a dash of romance. She has written the Unknown Touch-Werewolf Series, Rocked–The Chelsie Valdar Saga, and The Reaper's Cat.

Gina's fiction stories are inspired from her interest in the supernatural, science fiction and fantasy world. She enjoys reading, watching evening TV shows, movies and listening
More about Gina Marie Long...