Start by marking “Lunchmeat & Life Lessons: Sharing a Butcher's Wisdom” as Want to Read:
Lunchmeat & Life Lessons: Sharing a Butcher's Wisdom

Lunchmeat & Life Lessons: Sharing a Butcher's Wisdom

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  63 ratings  ·  16 reviews
PRIME CUT ADVICE.
John Bichelmeyer dispensed much more than ground beef and bacon to his customers. A man with only an eighth-grade education and father of 10 children, he offered rare wisdom and compassion to his clientele, friends and family that came from the heart.
Now his daughter, Mary B. Lucas, B.D., tells the story of how she earned her B.D. (which stands for "butche
Published January 16th 2014 by Mbl Press (first published December 7th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Lunchmeat & Life Lessons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lunchmeat & Life Lessons

Kay Janssen
LOVE this book! Odd title at first, until you read it. We read this for work, and at first wasn't excited to add yet another book to my never ending pile. But this really impressed me! To me it's the ultimate book for understanding customer service & employee relations, with a HEART! As soon as I started reading I knew it was right up my alley, my style of not only customer service, but treating people in general. It's got great principles tied in with the author's personal journey and words ...more
Zach
At the end of her book, author Mary Lucas writes: "I decided to do something that I would be proud of and that I knew both my father and mother would be proud of me for doing. I decided to write this book. In order to help me get inspired again and to help others inspire themselves." I'd say she's right on target.

John Bichelmeyer--the author's father--is introduced as a lifelong butcher lacking in formal education, but rich in wisdom. While Ms. Lucas places her father's advice in the context of
Marlisa
a good read.

This is well written and easy to read. Has definite take aways to live by. Would recommend this book to everyone.
cati
Found this in our Marketing closet at the bank. Well written, great advice that I will use! A sweet legacy from this author to her father.
Michelle Bailey
I was given this book after hearing Mrs Lucas speak today. Finished it in no time but took so much from it. The lessons can be applied to any interaction in life and make sense! This will be one I go back to over and over for inspiration. Highly recommend for everyone who ever interacts with people!
Lisa
Great tips on dealing with people. Heard Mary Lucas speak and she is inspiring!
Sara Moore
The book itself is great, but if you get a chance to hear the author speak (Lucas), do. I read this after seeing her at a conference and it really personalized the stories - made me want to run out and interview my grandparents so I can capture their nuggets of wisdom before it's too late!
Larissa
Half way done, only read for an hour. A great read for any one who deals with people. HA! It's a great book for dealing with or getting better results with co-workers.

Finished in one night! A must read!!!

this was an amazing book- a woman's tribute to her father. he taught her traditional midwest values and she has grown to be a wonderful woman who is an inspiration to all professional women.
Dustie
If you never read another book about customer management and how to keep your customers, read this. The lessons are invaluable and it's so easy to read and understand.
Linda Barlow
I attended a speaking engagement of Mary's. Her eloquence in speaking and dynamic presentation, lead me to purchase the book (monies went to the Amer.Heart Assoc.)
Paige Barry
If you have a job, any job, you should invest in this book. I have given it to all my direct reports; and I use the information regularly.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND
Trisha
Short book that has a great message! Nice that it has local roots as well!
Pam Berkovitz
great book, especially for people in the staffing industry.
Kelley
An easy read. Good life lessons.
Shelly
Book #36 for 2013
Dwbottoni
Dwbottoni marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Jen Sexton
Jen Sexton marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Cheryl Ward
Cheryl Ward marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Jun 06, 2015
Rachel Rohrer
Rachel Rohrer is currently reading it
May 29, 2015
Chantal
Chantal marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2015
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2015