Start by marking “It's Like Candy” as Want to Read:
It's Like Candy

It's Like Candy

Beautiful River joins a stick-up crew, but she doesn't know that Big Red and Twinkie have a secret that even she's not in on. When she falls in love with Eric, one of her victims, all she wants is to find her baby sister, and settle down with her new love. But River soon becomes a prisoner of her dangerous world. And escaping it may cost her more than her life.

By the time
Published March 20th 2007 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about It's Like Candy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's Like Candy

Nardsbaby Reader
Jan 08, 2009 Nardsbaby Reader rated it liked it
One Endless Hustle After Another

River and Starr were forced from their home at an early age thanks to their abusive, drug abusing, sex craved, monstrous mother. Separated and struggling, both River and Starr are out on the streets of New York with only one objective, survival. While they are both out jostling their sex to get cash, they never stop worrying and wondering about the other. Is there a reunion in store for these two sisters?

Eric comes from a family of drug dealing murderers. While E
OOSA
Jul 14, 2012 OOSA rated it really liked it
A Thin Line Between Love and Hate

Erick S. Gray has written a compelling novel set in the streets of New York. IT'S LIKE CANDY follows the young lives of two sisters that fled their abusive home. Instead of protecting her children, River and Starr's mother exploited and prostituted them. River left first, and turned to a life of crime stealing. Starr followed suit a few years later only to turn tricks for survival. Neither sister had forgotten of the other, but the years and the life on the stree
Carol
Apr 23, 2012 Carol rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my first time reading a novel by Erick S. Gray and once I started reading I could not put it down. I found the title a bit uninteresting and the book was shelved in my library for months before I read it. I was completely blown away by the story and couldn’t believe I waited so long to read it. I enjoyed reading how the characters stories intertwined to make the plot explosive. I would definitely read a sequel to this novel if Mr. Gray decides to make one. I am looking forward to reading ...more
Fiorelis
Oct 02, 2009 Fiorelis rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: all teens
Recommended to Fiorelis by: myself
In this book the two main characters are really sisters.They were separated by the mom not knowing how to really take care of them.Conflict is the problem in the story. In this case the probelm is that the two main characters are prostituing themselves to get money. In this book i leanred that i should finished school get my education so i dont end up like they did and if i dont have my mothers help i will try even harder to get a good life.
Richelle Robinson
Feb 12, 2008 Richelle Robinson rated it really liked it
A good read!! I like the fact that the book was different. The main guy Eric wasn't really into selling drugs and killing people. Even when his cousin Yung Slim wanted him to be down with his crew. Eric chose to go his own way and it shows that you dont have to be killing people to make it on top. There was lot of grimey nasty stuff in the book as well. This book also showed the reprecussions of living the fast life and be greedy!!
JazzyRacquel
Oct 13, 2010 JazzyRacquel rated it it was ok
♥ It Was O.K. ♥
Shannon
Nov 29, 2010 Shannon rated it really liked it
good believable street lit.
melissa
melissa rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2017
Jeanni
Jeanni rated it liked it
Feb 28, 2008
Delonya
Delonya rated it really liked it
Jan 02, 2009
Candace
Candace rated it really liked it
Mar 30, 2011
calista
calista rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2011
Felicia A
Felicia A rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2009
Sharida
Sharida rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2015
Chrissy Clarke
Chrissy Clarke rated it really liked it
Aug 25, 2014
Tionna
Tionna rated it it was ok
Jul 06, 2012
Chanee
Chanee rated it really liked it
Jul 11, 2011
Marcella
Marcella rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2012
L. Benson
L. Benson rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2014
Michelle
Michelle rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2015
Elysian
Elysian rated it really liked it
Aug 06, 2013
Janice Richardson
Janice Richardson rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2014
Stephanie Taylor
Stephanie Taylor rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2008
Keyona
Keyona rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2008
Bri
Bri rated it it was amazing
Nov 12, 2014
Nisha
Nisha rated it it was amazing
Dec 26, 2016
Bernice Harrison
Bernice Harrison rated it liked it
Nov 30, 2013
Denia
Denia rated it it was amazing
Feb 03, 2015
rasta boy
rasta boy rated it it was amazing
Jun 25, 2014
nikkia
nikkia rated it it was amazing
Feb 23, 2016