Start by marking “It's Like Candy” as Want to Read:
It's Like Candy

It's Like Candy

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  119 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Beautiful River joins a stick-up crew, but she doesn't know that Big Red and Twinkie have a secret that even she's not in on. When she falls in love with Eric, one of her victims, all she wants is to find her baby sister, and settle down with her new love. But River soon becomes a prisoner of her dangerous world. And escaping it may cost her more than her life.

By the time
Published March 20th 2007 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about It's Like Candy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's Like Candy

Nardsbaby Reader
One Endless Hustle After Another

River and Starr were forced from their home at an early age thanks to their abusive, drug abusing, sex craved, monstrous mother. Separated and struggling, both River and Starr are out on the streets of New York with only one objective, survival. While they are both out jostling their sex to get cash, they never stop worrying and wondering about the other. Is there a reunion in store for these two sisters?

Eric comes from a family of drug dealing murderers. While E
OOSA
A Thin Line Between Love and Hate

Erick S. Gray has written a compelling novel set in the streets of New York. IT'S LIKE CANDY follows the young lives of two sisters that fled their abusive home. Instead of protecting her children, River and Starr's mother exploited and prostituted them. River left first, and turned to a life of crime stealing. Starr followed suit a few years later only to turn tricks for survival. Neither sister had forgotten of the other, but the years and the life on the stree
Carol
This is my first time reading a novel by Erick S. Gray and once I started reading I could not put it down. I found the title a bit uninteresting and the book was shelved in my library for months before I read it. I was completely blown away by the story and couldn’t believe I waited so long to read it. I enjoyed reading how the characters stories intertwined to make the plot explosive. I would definitely read a sequel to this novel if Mr. Gray decides to make one. I am looking forward to reading ...more
Fiorelis
Oct 25, 2009 Fiorelis rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: all teens
Recommended to Fiorelis by: myself
In this book the two main characters are really sisters.They were separated by the mom not knowing how to really take care of them.Conflict is the problem in the story. In this case the probelm is that the two main characters are prostituing themselves to get money. In this book i leanred that i should finished school get my education so i dont end up like they did and if i dont have my mothers help i will try even harder to get a good life.
Richelle Robinson
A good read!! I like the fact that the book was different. The main guy Eric wasn't really into selling drugs and killing people. Even when his cousin Yung Slim wanted him to be down with his crew. Eric chose to go his own way and it shows that you dont have to be killing people to make it on top. There was lot of grimey nasty stuff in the book as well. This book also showed the reprecussions of living the fast life and be greedy!!
Shannon
good believable street lit.
JazzyRacquel
♥ It Was O.K. ♥
Matriece P.
Matriece P. marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
Makala
Makala marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Marchella Simmons
Marchella Simmons marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Joi
Joi marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Darnesha Grigsby
Darnesha Grigsby marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Jasmine
Jasmine marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Williams Nikki
Williams Nikki marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Chasity Danielle Moore
Chasity Danielle Moore marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Tee
Tee marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Deidre
Deidre marked it as to-read
Oct 25, 2014
Tara Murracas
Tara Murracas marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Shy'nae Sharpe
Shy'nae Sharpe marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Emily Guzman
Emily Guzman marked it as to-read
Sep 22, 2014
Marc Avery
Marc Avery marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Kphelle Jue
Kphelle Jue marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
  • Around the Way Girls 2
  • Dead Broke
  • Butterscotch Blues
  • Ghetto Superstar
Nasty Girls Flexin' & Sexin: Sexy Street Tales Vol. 1 Around the Way Girls 5 Heartbreaker Flexin & Sexin Volume 2