Start by marking “It's Like Candy” as Want to Read:
It's Like Candy

It's Like Candy

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  127 ratings  ·  7 reviews
Beautiful River joins a stick-up crew, but she doesn't know that Big Red and Twinkie have a secret that even she's not in on. When she falls in love with Eric, one of her victims, all she wants is to find her baby sister, and settle down with her new love. But River soon becomes a prisoner of her dangerous world. And escaping it may cost her more than her life.

By the time
Published March 20th 2007 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about It's Like Candy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's Like Candy

Nardsbaby Reader
One Endless Hustle After Another

River and Starr were forced from their home at an early age thanks to their abusive, drug abusing, sex craved, monstrous mother. Separated and struggling, both River and Starr are out on the streets of New York with only one objective, survival. While they are both out jostling their sex to get cash, they never stop worrying and wondering about the other. Is there a reunion in store for these two sisters?

Eric comes from a family of drug dealing murderers. While E
OOSA
A Thin Line Between Love and Hate

Erick S. Gray has written a compelling novel set in the streets of New York. IT'S LIKE CANDY follows the young lives of two sisters that fled their abusive home. Instead of protecting her children, River and Starr's mother exploited and prostituted them. River left first, and turned to a life of crime stealing. Starr followed suit a few years later only to turn tricks for survival. Neither sister had forgotten of the other, but the years and the life on the stree
Carol
This is my first time reading a novel by Erick S. Gray and once I started reading I could not put it down. I found the title a bit uninteresting and the book was shelved in my library for months before I read it. I was completely blown away by the story and couldn’t believe I waited so long to read it. I enjoyed reading how the characters stories intertwined to make the plot explosive. I would definitely read a sequel to this novel if Mr. Gray decides to make one. I am looking forward to reading ...more
Fiorelis
Oct 25, 2009 Fiorelis rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: all teens
Recommended to Fiorelis by: myself
In this book the two main characters are really sisters.They were separated by the mom not knowing how to really take care of them.Conflict is the problem in the story. In this case the probelm is that the two main characters are prostituing themselves to get money. In this book i leanred that i should finished school get my education so i dont end up like they did and if i dont have my mothers help i will try even harder to get a good life.
Richelle Robinson
A good read!! I like the fact that the book was different. The main guy Eric wasn't really into selling drugs and killing people. Even when his cousin Yung Slim wanted him to be down with his crew. Eric chose to go his own way and it shows that you dont have to be killing people to make it on top. There was lot of grimey nasty stuff in the book as well. This book also showed the reprecussions of living the fast life and be greedy!!
Shannon
good believable street lit.
JazzyRacquel
It Was O.K. ...more
Aone Dayone
Aone Dayone marked it as to-read
Mar 15, 2015
Roxy
Roxy marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Tifa
Tifa marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
Cynthia Fletcher
Cynthia Fletcher marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2015
Nielle
Nielle marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
Shefferd McLean
Shefferd McLean marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2015
Quandell Stuckey
Quandell Stuckey marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Kryss
Kryss added it
Jan 12, 2015
aisha ray
aisha ray marked it as to-read
Jan 04, 2015
Ellen Carter
Ellen Carter is currently reading it
Jan 03, 2015
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Jan 03, 2015
Sha'Quana McMillan
Sha'Quana McMillan marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2014
Matriece P.
Matriece P. marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
  • Shameless Hoodwives
  • Dead Broke
  • Blind Ambitions
  • Around the Way Girls 3: Double Trouble
Nasty Girls Flexin' & Sexin: Sexy Street Tales Vol. 1 Around the Way Girls 5 Heartbreaker Flexin & Sexin Volume 2