Start by marking “The Princess of Pop (Truth or Dare, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Princess of Pop (Truth or Dare, #2)

The Princess of Pop (Truth, Dare, Kiss, Promise #2)

"I have un grando dare for Becca and Cat, " said Squidge. "You know this competition for Pop Princess? Well, I dare you both to enter." He looked pointedly at me. "And I mean both of you. Auditions are next Saturday."

Becca missed the fun of the school production of Grease, and she has a reputation of being fickle and a dreamer. But the Pop Princess challenge makes her de

Published April 27th 2004 by Simon Pulse (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Princess of Pop, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Princess of Pop

Nov 21, 2015 Julia's rated it it was ok
Shelves: portuguese
Ughhhh SOOO BORING. I think I almost DNFed it. It was about this girl (don't even remember her name) and her friends who audition to be in a singing competition (kinda like American Idol). I thought that would be a pretty cool aspect; but not really. I didn't connect with the characters at all. And actually found the main character kinda annoying sometimes.

But I finished it. AAnd I don't remember much. Isn't that a bad sign?
Stasa  Milenkovic
Jun 03, 2016 Stasa Milenkovic rated it liked it
i read this for class ( we had to read a book over 150 pages from our childhood)
Nov 29, 2011 Zoe rated it it was amazing
I love Cathy Hopkin's books. You can never get too old for one, even this one which is aimed at younger readers. I really enjoyed it, and read it in one sitting. It is a fab girly, funny and cute read that I would quite happily read again and again.

Becca, a young teen, is known as being a 'dreamer' and not getting things done. She can sometimes be quite nervous and modest, but can also show as a strong character that can fantasise and believe in herself. When her friend, Squidge, dares her to en
The New Maria
Nov 10, 2008 The New Maria rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 10 year old
Recommended to The New Maria by: Myself
It's okay but I don't find myself in complete and utter "wow". To be honest, it bored me a bit. I stopped reading it for a little bit and only came back to it recently because I had to turn it into the library. Also the main character, Becca, annoys me a bit. The author failed to make me care for her. Her first book was much better. In that book not only did I lie Becca but I liked the other main character. I would recommend this book for a 10 year old how ever.
Okay, now that I have f
Kai Yi
Apr 26, 2008 Kai Yi rated it it was amazing
truth, dare, kiss, or promise, which one will you choose? well in this book becca choose dare and now she is pushed by her friends to go to the pop princess competition. she knows that she isn't going to make it but, her friends thinks she is great. having to compete with her best friend is hard and she know cat really want to make it in. teen times is always about choices. will becca choose to win the competition and not care about her friend, cat's feelings or is she going to freak out atc the ...more
May 21, 2009 Joanna rated it liked it
Becca entered Pop Idol and was chosen to go to London with about 100 other teenagers. Becca wants to become Pop Princess to show that she got the singing talent and to also get the money prize. As the contest goes on, Becca starts to lose courage and many other problems with her parents and her boyfriend began to develop.
This was a sequel to the book "White Lies and Bared Face Truths". I didn't like Becca in that other book and I still don't like her that much in this book either. I was annoyed
Xiao Yan
Jun 10, 2009 Xiao Yan rated it really liked it
Shelves: school-year-08
Becca and her group of friends plays truth and dare and she got dare. Now she has to go enter pop idol and try to win pop princess.However, this means that she needs to go against cat, her friend. Becca thinks that she doens;t have what it takes to win and loses courage and faith. Inadditon, many more other problems start to develop with her family, friends and her boyfriend. How will Becca manage everyhting??? WIll she give up?? THis book is really about managenment and choices/decisions. Many ...more
Jul 09, 2016 Yara rated it it was ok
Shelves: books
I had that book for a long time. My aunt gave it to me. It didn't interest me at first, but when I decided to read it, I kinda liked it. It wasn't my type of book. It's a bit too girly I guess, but the story wasn't bad.
Laura Leonard
Mar 04, 2009 Laura Leonard rated it liked it
Shelves: teen
If you like American Idol check out this installment in the Truth or Dare series. All too often Becca gives up on herself and her dreams. Will she have the staying power to make it through the Pop Idol comptetition? If you like this series you may also want to check out the Mates, Dates series by this author.
I liked the book because it was about struggling to get something you really want but even when you don't get it you're still happy for the person who won.

but i guess - even though it rarely happens- that should haappen on a daily basis
Oct 29, 2010 Noel added it
This book was great! Its about this one competition and about a girl that enters it for a certain reason. I like books like this and I always wanted to keep on reading it- none stop. Everytime I flipped to a new page there was something exciting.
Aug 20, 2010 Sophie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There is no way I could have managed the horrible teenage years without this series! I read it multiple times!!
Dec 07, 2008 Veronica rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Girls
Recommended to Veronica by: Ma'ayan
Just finished about 2 minuets ago! Good book. If you love singing or want to be a 'Pop Prince or Princess' this is a good book for you! 2nd in the series by Cathy Hopkins.
Sep 09, 2014 Melissa rated it really liked it
Excellent YA about Becca who tries out for an American Idol/British Idol type contest. Learns about herself.
Joanna.  (:
Apr 16, 2008 Joanna. (: rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this book is about a girl called Becca, who gets into an audicion to become the next pop princess but is faced with maany problems. Most from Jade, her new boyfriend Mac's little sister
Déa Solin
Déa Solin rated it liked it
Dec 18, 2010
Aldu Giovagnola
Aldu Giovagnola rated it really liked it
Dec 28, 2014
Stephanie rated it liked it
Jan 24, 2012
Aditi rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2014
Emily rated it it was ok
Aug 13, 2010
Mayda rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2009
Jess rated it it was amazing
Jun 07, 2013
Anna Loquinario
Anna Loquinario rated it it was ok
Jun 24, 2016
Audra rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2012
Dreamingintherain rated it it was ok
Apr 17, 2014
Nevena rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2014
Deborah rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2013
Janet Goetz
Janet Goetz rated it really liked it
Dec 07, 2012
Bimpe rated it liked it
Jun 27, 2012
Sarah rated it really liked it
May 09, 2013
  • Mates, Mysteries and Pretty Weird Weirdness (Ally's World, #9)
  • The Fame Diaries (Diary of a Chav, #5)
  • Class Favorite
  • Panda in the Park (Animal Ark, #38)
  • Hamster in a Handbasket (Animal Ark, #13)
  • Fighting Fit (Angels Unlimited, #6)

Truth, Dare, Kiss, Promise (8 books)
  • White Lies and Barefaced Truths (Truth Or Dare #1)
  • Teen Queens and Has-Beens (Truth, Dare, Kiss, Promise, #3)
  • Starstruck (Truth, Dare, Kiss, Promise, #4)
  • Double Dare (Truth, Dare, Kiss, Promise, #5)
  • Midsummer Meltdown (Truth, Dare, Kiss, Promise, #6)
  • Love Lottery (Truth, Dare, Kiss, Promise, #7)
  • All Mates Together (Truth, Dare, Kiss, Promise, #8)