Start by marking “Holly's Story (Angels in Pink, #3)” as Want to Read:
Holly's Story (Angels in Pink, #3)

Holly's Story (Angels in Pink #3)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  1,524 ratings  ·  80 reviews
Mass Market Paperback, 224 pages
Published December 18th 2007 by Laurel Leaf (first published November 3rd 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Holly's Story, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Holly's Story

Don't Die, My Love by Lurlene McDanielSix Months to Live by Lurlene McDanielSo Much to Live for by Lurlene McDanielA Rose for Melinda by Lurlene McDanielAngels Watching Over Me by Lurlene McDaniel
Lurlene McDaniel Novels
41st out of 62 books — 81 voters
Forbidden by Tabitha SuzumaThe Fault in Our Stars by John GreenThe Hunger Games by Suzanne CollinsBefore I Fall by Lauren OliverIf I Stay by Gayle Forman
Sad YA Books
27th out of 73 books — 104 voters

More lists with this book...

Erin
Mandy Roth
By Lurlene McDaniel

In Holly's Story of the Angels in Pink series, McDaniel stays true to her writing forte in exploring the real lives of young adults faced with difficult and even tragic circumstances. This story begins with Holly and her friends, Raina and Kathleen, starting out their summer with their lives ahead and promising. Raina is dating Holly's brother and Kathleen has a boyfriend of her own. The only thing that could make it better, is if Holly found someone to share the future with.
Ale
Pink Angels and best friends Holly, Raina, and Kathleen have been through a lot over the past year. The summer before their senior year promises to be busy but fun, as Holly and Raina return to their full-time volunteer jobs at the hospital and Kathleen, who needs the money, works at the hospital gift shop. Of course, Raina and Kathleen will be spending as much time as possible with their boyfriends, Hunter and Carson.
Holly is happy for her friends, but she can’t help feeling a little left out
Abigail
I came into this novel without realizing that is was part of a series, but it still seemed to work. Granted, I may have missed some key references to past stories but I think that it was just grand. This is obviously a book for girls and more than that it is a book for girls that have close friends. I think it would be difficult for a girl who was a pariah to connect with this novel. It tells the story of three best friends who have been through think and thin. The girls lead typical lives going ...more
Michelle
This book was about this girl named Holly and how her life has changed since her brother died from an a robbery in the store that he was working in. While she was recoverying and realizing the fact that her brother was gone, she began hanging out with this boy named Chad who has CF and has a crush on her.
I like this book is because it is like a romance story and it is about teenagers issues and relationships between friends and family. Things that I learned from this book is that whenever there
Brittany Durrant
I really enjoyed this book a lot. "Holly's Story" is about three best friends who have been there for each other through thick and thin. Something tragic happens and it tests how close they really are.

This book would be great for anyone who has been through any type or tragedy, because they could relate to it and maybe learn from it.
Brianne Durrant
This book was really good. There weren’t any boring parts at all. “Holly’s Story” is about three friends trying to overcome a tragedy which affected all of them. I would recommend this book to freshman and up because it’s a pretty easy book to understand.
Cassandra Myers
My Book review It is the summer before Hollys senior year, she has decided that she wants to get a job this summer to buy new clothes for senior year because her mom can't do it all because she is sick and has MS. Her friends Raina and Kathleen want her to join the Pink Angels Program at the hospital again like last summer, and Holly is having a hard time telling her friends. Holly ends up talking with a woman in charge of the program. The woman in the program got her a job in the gift shop at ...more
Jeni
I've been a die hard fan of Lurlene McDaniel since the 4th grade, when My teacher started the habit of reading aloud to our class each day after recess. She read many books over the course of the year, and each and every book she read us was a smashing success. However, "Six Months to Live", by Lurlene McDaniel, touched me in a way that no book before had because it was my first experience with a book that managed to make me laugh AND cry.

It would not be the last book that had that effect. In f
Sophia Chow
Angels in Pink Holly's Story Mass Market, 2007, 224 pp.
Lurlene McDaniel ISBN: 0440238676

Being a Junior in Highschool is definitely stressful, but it leads to a fun, relaxing Senior Year. Holly, Raina, and Kathleen are all Juniors becoming upcoming Seniors in the same school, they are best friends. So these three girls are heading to the summer of their Junior year and doesn't know what to do. After discussing, the girls decide to volunteer at a hospital. Raina and Holly will work volunteer wo
Krista Basilio
This is the first Lurlene McDaniel book that has really disappointed me. As I understand it, this is the last book of the Angles In Pink series and there are too many loose ends at the end of this book for me to feel truly satisfied as I turn that last page. I would very much like to see more books for this series particularly because the groundwork is already laid. There is enough material for at least one more book one each character particularly Riana and Holly. And I would like McDaniel to g ...more
Satan
Nov 01, 2012 Satan rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: my friends
Recommended to Satan by: johanna
holly faces the summer before her senior year of high school with her two best friends whit her They been friends forever, helping each other through life, such as when Kathleen's mother relapsed with MS and when Raina discovered she had a grownup sister who needed a bone marrow transplant. they go to the pinks angels at the hospital to volunteer.and planned to be roommates at the same college the following year.
Holly want a boyfriend. that possibility sparks a chance when a stranger, this one g
Camille Weilert3
The book “Pink Angels-Hollys Story” by Lurlene McDaniel is in the fiction category. This book is about a normal girl with her own best friends doing nothing but relaxing. Raina is with Hunter, Holly with no one, but a mystery guy emails her back and forth and she doesn’t have a clue of what he looks like. Kathleen, with Carson, has an obstacle in her life. Stephanie is back a.k.a. Carson’s flirty friend. Holly is very close with her brother, Hunter, Raina’s boyfriend. A horrible mishap happens… ...more
Cara
May 10, 2010 Cara rated it 1 of 5 stars
Shelves: ya-lit
In this YA romance, Lurlene McDaniel follows three best friends as they finish their senior year of high school. For these three girls, life has had its ups and downs, but they have always relied on their friendship to pull through it. In this novel, however, life takes an unexpected turn that challenges all of them individual ways. In the end, the girls must turn to their family, their friendship, and themselves to make it through their struggles. While this book was somewhat of a page turner, ...more
Stephanie Alvarez
this final installment of the angels in pink trilogy truly gives you the most feels. it was such an emotional last book and it ended well. I loved this series as a whole and am glad it ended the way it did. there are some things that I would have liked to have been better, but overall it was great :)
Annie Chan
This book is about three girls named Holly, Raina and Kathleen who are in grade 12 and work at a hospital. They all have boyfriends except for Holly but later on, Holly gets an email from ShyBoy saying that he likes her. Holly gets in trouble for emailing him back but ShyBoy shows up at Holly's door saying that he's a patient at the hospital where they work and explains everything. Then one day, Holly's brother and Raina's boyfriend Hunter, goes to work one day and doesn't come back.

I picked th
Jessica
Nov 03, 2011 Jessica rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone
Shelves: lurlene-mcdaniel
Chelseaj
Holly, Raina, and Kathleen have been enjoying there summer vaction and have been spending a lot of time with each other. Kathleen and Carson are doing better. Raina is spending the summer with Hunter and Holly has been talking to a guy online. He is very nice to her but when they try to meet, he stands her up. He come's to her house unexpectantly and Holly is surprised to find that he has a sickness but he looks fine in person. He apoliziges and asks Holly can they talk more. Things seem to be j ...more
Frost
Shay Hardman
Out of all three Angels in Pink novels, Holly's Story is my favorite, because I can relate to this novel on a personal basis. I had a brother die at a time that seemed much too soon also, causing this story to really touch my heart.

Holly, Raina, and Kathleen have been through a lot over the past year in their lives, and have all grown up a lot in that time. The love and compassion that each of them gives to those around them is wonderful and touching. They always seem to pull through, no matter
Sumsum
Apr 26, 2014 Sumsum added it
I love the series but I personally hate Lurlene for killing both Hunter AND Ben. Two wonderful characters, friends and family.
Areeba Imam
Third in the trilogy, the Angels of Pink will have a busy but fun summer. Raina and kathleen have their plans set and with their boyfriends around before the last year at high school, Holly feels left out. But a tragedy strikes close to the house and now, the Angels need each other more than ever.

A beautiful, touching and moving story focusing on Holly's world takes us on a ride of intensity of emotions and feelings. McDanial couldn't have done a better job!
Brittany
Juliet24
Tianna Wilson
i learned that holly self-esteem is slowly dropping and she feels as if she is invisible and the one boy that ever notices her "Shy Boy", she can never see him he has no pictures on his profile and she only dreams that he is next to her. I think she may get a little jelous at time when her bestfriends, Raina and Kathleen are with there boyfirends. She feels left out and lonely it only makes her self-conscious get more and more negative.
Sofia
I expected less from Holly's book. Knowing her personality a whinny book about everything her parents didn't let her do was what I expected. But, it was completely the opposite. A terrible event happens, and suddenly she gains perspective. Although I expected it to be the most boring of the 3, it was actually where the plot developed and the most exciting one. I would really recommend this series.
Roxana
Jan 05, 2009 Roxana rated it 3 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who are reading the series
Recommended to Roxana by: lisbeth
Holly's story was very interesting. I think that the author had a good idea of what she wanted to write but made them happen to fast. For example, when Hunter dies it was so fast it didn't seem like it really happened. Then after Hunter died the book became very depressing. Since, almost every character felt bad about Holly since, her brother died. Overall it was an ok novel.
Lisbeth Checo
This Angels in Pink is Holly's Story. Its about three friends who return to their volunteer jobs at the hospital. Two of them have boyfriends now - Holly is left out when she it with the couples, and her e-mail pal has vanished on her. Then something really bad happens to holly's family. I was really sad, but i still think its a good book.
alyssa
Lurlene McDaniel's 'Angels in Pink' latest Holly's Story tells of three friends who return to their volunteer jobs at the hospital. Two of them have boyfriends now - Holly is left out when the couples emerge, and her e-mail pal has vanished on her. When tragedy strikes, her concerns seem petty in another McDaniel story of crisis and recovery.
Choua Vue
awwwww... Holly's brother got shot and died, Holly also loses a "boyfriend", Ben, to cancer and then Holly and her friends, Raina and Kathleen, must learn to move on and go to separate colleges each and everyone of them. But before they go they must go show their graduation bracelet and say goodbye to Holly's brother, Hunter.
  • Losing Forever
  • The Secrets of Boys
  • Gemini Night  (Star Crossed, #3)
  • Prom Crashers
  • Meant to Be (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Kim, #2)
  • You Shouldn't Have to Say Goodbye
  • Sweet and Vicious (In or Out, #3)
  • Hitch
  • Wicked Little Secrets (Prep School Confidential, #2)
  • All Mates Together (Truth, Dare, Kiss, Promise, #8)
  • Read My Lips
  • Fix
  • Water Walker -  Episode 2
  • Conversation with Spinoza: A Cobweb Novel
  • Manhattan
  • My Lady Enslaved (The Archangels, #2)
  • Love and Respect for a Lifetime: Women Absolutely Need Love. Men Absolutely Need Respect. Its as Simple and as Complicated as That...
  • Inside Girl (Inside Girl, #1)
Lurlene McDaniel (born c. 1948) is an author who has written over 50 young adult books. She is well known for writing about characters struggling with chronic and terminal illnesses, such as cancer, diabetes, and organ failure.

Other places to find her are...
More about Lurlene McDaniel...
Don't Die, My Love Angels Watching Over Me (Angels Trilogy, #1) Six Months to Live (Dawn Rochelle, #1) I'll Be Seeing You Telling Christina Goodbye