Bleach SOULs. Official Character Book

Bleach SOULs. Official Character Book

4.42 of 5 stars 4.42  ·  rating details  ·  533 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Get the inside scoop on Bleach! This profile books contains extensive information on the characters and story lines from Bleach vols. 1-22. It also includes exclusive stickers, a poster, bonus manga, the original Bleach one shot, and an interview with Tite Kubo! Come explore the world of Bleach!

Ichigo Kurosaki never asked for the ability to see ghosts--he was born with th...more
Published November 18th 2008 by VIZ Media LLC (first published February 3rd 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Bleach SOULs. Official Character Book, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bleach SOULs. Official Character Book

Romeo
i had high expectations for this book, i expected it to be rammed with exclusive information, lengthy profiles, a glossy poster i hadnt ever seen before sheet after sheet of stickers and much much more, as described on the sales pitch. i was sorely disappointed when i actually read it and the info was actually just telling you what is drawn in the pictures. its like theres a panel of Orihime cheering Ichigo on and the "info of hope" reads "Orihime then stood up on her hind legs and tells ichigo...more
MissAnnThrope
18 January 2013

Bleach SOULs. Official Character Book is a comprehensive character guide that will help you catch up on the Soul Reaper arc of the series. The pages are in all black-and-white artwork, with detailed descriptions of all of the characters. There are bonus stories and an interview with Tite Kubo himself.

It was interesting to see the progression of how the characters have been drawn. At the start of Bleach, all of the characters look like kids. It's amazing how young Byakuya and Renji...more
Cindy
May 19, 2010 Cindy added it
This isn't really a story book. This book is about all the characters in Bleach series. It tells memories and interesting parts of episodes or Bleach volumes. The main character in all books is so obvious. It is Ichigo. I know why Ichigo is the main character but i can't explain it. I like the way the author wrote this specific book because it finally has pictures and it tells you everything about Bleach. In other Bleach books they don't have colors, but if you read it and gets into it then it's...more
Pip
This is a very useful character file and has probably everything you need to know about the characters up until book 21. I love the layout of the book and it has some cute freebies in the front that include stickers and posters. I would recommend this book if you're a serious BLEACH fan but in the one that I got I couldn't help but cringe at the sight of so many spelling mistakes.
Calvin
I bought this only because it's collectible. Aside from that, I virtually haven't read anything from this book. But if you are Bleach fans, you should have this one before it's getting rare.

Inside this book is a comprehensive data and biographies of Bleach's cast. It's more useful for these who are looking complete data of the characters.
Katy Kat McKatums
This has lots of good info about all the characters and events of Bleach up until volume... Ugh, I don't remember. Until the arrancars start showing up. There are some really funny bonus comics, and also on one page (I believe the one that lists all the captains and assistant captains) Renji is speaking in Japanese. XD
Michael
Mar 18, 2011 Michael rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Bleach Anime or Manga Fans
For Bleach fans, this is a great book. It certainly cleared some things up for me which I was confused with. I also had a lot of fun reading it. (and got free stickers!) Unlike other books, I finished it really quickly because there is not a lot of text.
Crystal
This book introduces characters from the start of the series till about the part where Ichigo goes to the Soul society and saves Rukia.

Its a must have to complete your manga that you read if you want have character reference.
Lauren
Jan 27, 2010 Lauren rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Bleach fans
Shelves: guides-helpful, own
VERY useful!!! If you missed any minute detail about Bleach for volumes 1-19 or so, definitely pick this up. Gorgeous extra art from Tite Kubo, an interview with him and Ichigo's voice actor, and even the original short story. GREAT book!
Maiza gillani
The book is gorgeous with a nice poster to welcome you as you start to open the book.It contains details about all the characters;some of which is not told even in the anime.Overall it is pleasant to look at as the whole book is glossy.
Jien
I didn't see much point to this. It was redundant for anyone who's read the beginning of the manga, it didn't really include any new information but it also didn't have enough for someone unfamiliar with the series.
Ana
Feb 09, 2010 Ana is currently reading it
Watching Bleach gets me all confused on who the characters are and what their history and powers are. I need this book to help make it work in my head. Plus, there are stickers!
Manar Rockhead
It summaries the things that happen in the anime bleach. Except it kind of skips the bounto arch.
Brian
Feb 05, 2009 Brian rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
If you are a fan of the Bleach manga. It is fun and interesting.
Diana
I liked the format of the Naruto character book better.
Patrick☠
it talks about characcter toshiro,ichigo,rukia,byayakuya
Wyndee
well so far GREAT !!
Sarah marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
InJokeTaken
InJokeTaken is currently reading it
Aug 20, 2014
mona
mona added it
Aug 15, 2014
LaShawnna
LaShawnna marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Cas
Cas added it
Aug 09, 2014
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
  • Naruto: The Official Fanbook
  • Samurai Deeper Kyo, Volume 03
  • Partial List of People to Bleach
  • The Art of Fullmetal Alchemist
  • Claymore, Vol. 11: Kindred of Paradise (Claymore, #11)
  • Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 3
  • Saiyuki, Volume 2
1977
久保 帯人, also transliterated Taitou Kubo, Taito Kubo, or Jiu bao dai ren.

The son of a town council member in Fuchu, Aki District, Hiroshima. He never took drawing seriously until he was 17; after reading Dragon Ball he knew he wanted to be a manga artist. At the age of 18 he submitted his first concept for the series Zombiepowder but it got rejected. Zombiepowder was rejected multiple times until K...more
More about Tite Kubo...
Bleach Volume 01: Strawberry and the Soul Reapers (Bleach, #1) Bleach Volume 15: Beginning of the Death of Tomorrow (Bleach #15) Bleach Volume 03: Memories in the Rain (Bleach #3) Bleach Volume 02: Goodbye Parakeet, Good Night My Sister (Bleach, #2) Bleach Volume 07: The Broken Coda (Bleach #7)