Start by marking “De Profeet van Akhran (De Roos van de Profeet, #3)” as Want to Read:
De Profeet van Akhran (De Roos van de Profeet, #3)

De Profeet van Akhran (Rose of the Prophet #3)

3.82 of 5 stars 3.82  ·  rating details  ·  2,180 ratings  ·  17 reviews
The Great War of the Gods comes to a close in the last volume of this series. The epic fantasy saga finds Khardin, Zohra, and the wizard Mathew faced with crossing a vast desert. If they survive, the nomads must combat the fiercest of warriors.
Published 2001 by Uitgeverij Luitingh ~ Sijthoff (first published January 1st 1989)

To ask other readers questions about De Profeet van Akhran, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about De Profeet van Akhran

Stuart Langridge

As the Great War of the Gods rages, it seems as though the terrible Quar, God of Reality, Greed and Law, will emerge the victor. Even the immortals have abandoned their mortal masters to join in the battle above.

Trapped without their immortal servants on the shore of the Kurdin Sea, Khardan, Zohra and the wizard Mathew must cross the vast desert known as the Sun's Anvil--a feat no man has ever performed.

Like the legendary Rose of the Prophet, the nomads struggle to survive the journey. If the

Jared
When I first began this series in middle school I remember being completely taken in by the first two books, but never got around to reading the third and final book in the series. The Rose of the Prophet series addressed topics such as sexual identity, and religious and cultural distrust in a fantasy setting that I was not yet ready to look at as a young boy, but I was enthralled by the world nonetheless. A fantasy world based on Arabia, it had a flavor of Lawrence of Arabia meets Aladdin. To r ...more
John
The first book in the series that didn't totally irritate me with its writing style. It's still juvenile, but better. The characters were a little more weak and some plot moves had little or no reasons behind them.

There were so many things left unsettled, you would think they'd revisit the story.

This is not a series to rush out and buy. Buy the series for a buck or two if you come across it and save it for one of those days you just have to read something new and have no money. At best, you'll b
Iain Kaslar
Was a great book right up until the end. it has what I consider to be the WORST ending of any book I've ever read. I've read stories from children that were finished off in a more enjoyable and complete manner. It was like the authors just got sick of the story line and couldn't be bothered finishing it properly. The only way it could of possibly been worse was if it ended with, "and then they woke up and realised it was all a dream".
I can't recommend this series to anyone and if I could of give
Dayna
The third book in the Rose of the Prophet series, and this is the book that brings it all together and concludes the story begun in The Will of the Wanderer.

This book is the rise of the hero, there are some great desperate odds to overcome, emotional journeys continue, and some villains might just get what’s coming to them.

Khardan and Zohra continued to delight me, both great strong characters, and Matthew was quite an interesting counterpoint to the both of them. The djinn, and Pukah in particu
Anna Irving
I still have the rose of the prophet sitting on my shelf, next to the empire series by fiest and wurst. They've been read and loved many times and were my youthful literary version of girl power!
Lani
I've read this series so many times that I can't really keep the books straight. See my review of The Will of the Wanderer for a general review of the whole series. Love it.

***

As others have pointed out, the book does leave you with a ... wait what!?! kind of ending. Very little wrap of a lot of loose ends. Still love the series, but I had forgotten how sharp and rushed the wrap up is.
Edwin Kort
Het betere deel van de serie.
Todd
The 3rd, and final (thank god) installment in this trilogy. They make a tidy ending to the story that left me wanting more. The characters in this trilogy could have been so much more, yet this story always came up short. I guess I expected more from the authors of "The Darksword Trilogy", Chronicles and Legends Trilogies, to say nothing of the outstand Deathgate Cycle.

An alright story that could have been SO much more.
Sara Forsberg
All in all, I really enjoyed this trilogy. The third book brought home a concept I really love in all stories, which is the idea that good and evil are for the most part just prejudice and perspective. The ending was a little rushed but satisfying in its own way. As with all fantasy-worlds I enjoy, I wish there were more stories from this world, there are enough seeds planted for several books exploring the different ways and cultures. An enjoyable read!
Paul
10/10 for young adults
9/10 for adults who are still in touch with their imaginative side.

Always thought this 'Arabian' trilogy was the best of Weis and Hickman and seriously underrated. There's much more on offer when compared to the other Weis and Hickman novels, although the Darksword series was also very good. This was a brave fantasy for its time, exploring notions of identity. It is also a wonderfully entertaining adventure
Richard Houchin
This series is a lot of fun! It reads suspiciously like a chronicling of a D&D campaign...but the characters are enjoyable. These books feel shallower than the other Weiss/Hickman stories I've read -- I didn't get much philosophy or ethics out of Rose of the Prophet. But hey, I once heard that fantasy novels are for entertainment; if you want to send a message use Western Union.
Theresa
the history of akhran and how they find the solution to the religious and idological problems they have
a great series with strong female role characters
Mark Dewey
Excellent book. I liked it as much as the rest of the trilogy.
Steve
Rose of the Prophet
Hadas Tsury
Hadas Tsury marked it as to-read
Mar 30, 2015
AOKost
AOKost marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2015
Jami W
Jami W marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
  • Sunrunner's Fire (Dragon Prince, #3)
  • Die Stimme der Magie (Ulldart - Die Dunkle Zeit, #5)
  • Weasel's Luck (Dragonlance: Heroes, #3)
  • Stormblade (Dragonlance: Heroes, #2)
  • The Medusa Plague (Dragonlance: Defenders of Magic, #2)
  • Tantras (Avatar #2)
  • Mystic Empire (The Bronze Canticles, #3)
  • The Verdant Passage (Dark Sun: Prism Pentad, #1)
  • The Master (Time Master, #3)
  • Days of Air and Darkness (The Westlands, #4)
  • Harp of Winds (Artefacts of Power, #2)
  • Night Arrant (Greyhawk: Gord the Rogue, #2)
  • The Wyvern's Spur (Forgotten Realms: Finder's Stone, #2)
  • Wrath of Ashar (The Book of the Kingdoms, #1)
  • The Dragon King (Crimson Shadow, #3)
  • Black Wizards (Forgotten Realms: The Moonshae Trilogy, #2)
  • The Eye of the Hunter (Mithgar, #14)
Fantasy novelist who, along with Tracy Hickman, was one of the original creators of the Dragonlance game world. I've written numerous novels and short stories set in the world of Krynn, as well as series in other, original worlds. These include: Darksword, Rose of the Prophet, Star of the Guardians, DeathGate, Dragonvarld, Sovereign Stone, Dragonships, and the Dragon Brigade. I also wrote two para ...more
More about Margaret Weis...

Rose of the Prophet (3 books)
  • The Will of the Wanderer (Rose of the Prophet, #1)
  • The Paladin of the Night
Dragons of Autumn Twilight  (Dragonlance: Chronicles, #1) Dragons of Spring Dawning (Dragonlance: Chronicles, #3) Dragons of Winter Night (Dragonlance: Chronicles, #2) Time of the Twins (Dragonlance: Legends, #1) War of the Twins (Dragonlance: Legends, #2)