Mates at Billabong (Billabong, #2)

Mates at Billabong (Billabong #2)

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  97 ratings  ·  3 reviews
Norah is the pet and close companion of her father, as she also is of her brother Jim and his friend Wally. When cousin Cecil arrives at Billabong, with his city airs and disdain of the ways and amusements of Bush life, the fun begins.
223 pages
Published (first published 1912)

Leonie
I picked this book up for free on Amazon, and decided to take a walk down memory lane with it, and also read it as part of my contribution to the AWWC 2013. I first read it as a child in the seventies, when my mother introduced me to Mary Grant Bruce's Billabong books. I was intrigued to see if the book would live up to my memories of it.

As I read, I was impressed by the quality of the writing and also the story telling. One of my concerns in re-reading it as an adult, was whether I'd be annoyed...more
Alison
Sara
This the second book in the Billabong series. Although still a children's book, there are some surprisingly dark almost mature themes. A city cousin comes to visit Norah and her brother Jim out on the cattle ranch during school holidays. He is not a good addition to the group and his behavior ultimately creates some near-tragic situations.
Colin Mcdonald
Colin Mcdonald marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Bmidontcare
Bmidontcare marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Ginny
Ginny marked it as to-read
May 26, 2014
Deb
Deb marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Elly
Elly marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
Rose
Rose marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2014
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2014
Ray Reynolds
Ray Reynolds marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014
Vanya
Vanya marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2013
Marilynne Cleveland
Marilynne Cleveland marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2013
Belinda
Belinda marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
A Little Bush Maid (Billabong, #1) Norah of Billabong (Billabong, #3) Jim and Wally (Billabong, #5) Back to Billabong (Billabong, #7) Captain Jim (Billabong, #6)