Start by marking “Lost in Translation” as Want to Read:
Lost in Translation

Lost in Translation

3.46 of 5 stars 3.46  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Kathryn and Jarrikk-she a human translator and he is a S'sinn translator-had every reason to hate one another. Yet only by working together do they stand any chance of averting interstellar war.
Published October 3rd 2006 by DAW

To ask other readers questions about Lost in Translation, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost in Translation

Army of Penguins
I picked this book up from my comic shop's bargain bin along with some others because I had been in one of my "I have no idea what to read next..." phases. And... for the first time in years, I had serious trouble putting a book down. Even when I finally went to bed (laaate), my brain went "...another chapter wouldn't hurt, would it?"

In a way, this is "classic" science fiction. You got aliens, distant planets, spaceships, war, diplomacy, all the good stuff. The plot keeps moving at a nice pace,
Robert Runte
Review Circa 2007
Edward Willett has been publishing nonfiction and award-winning SF for young adults through various small presses for years, but Lost in Translation is his first mass market SF paperback release, so for most readers he will appear as a new author. And a very fine discovery he is!

The book opens on the doomed attempts to negotiate a peace treaty with the S'sinn, a species of demon-like aliens who are determined to eliminate humanity, and then quickly flashes back to the experie
Janet Ursel
Given a decent dead spot, I would have put it down for the night, but I didn't really get one. The plot twists and turns through personal intrigues, political intrigues, spatiopolitical intrigues...

All in all, a good entertaining read with substance to it.

Complete review here
Brownbetty
Oh, man, this book is dum. So dumb it doesn't merit a terminal b. Some 80% of the plot is clearly happening only because there's an author in the sky moving the figurines around.
Bryan
Apr 30, 2010 Bryan marked it as owned-unread
Shelves: sf
Bought this ebook at fictionwise, but the publisher decided they wanted more money. Fictionwise refunded my money.
Mareklamo
The story had potential, but the main characters were annoying Special People.
Midu Hadi
Midu Hadi marked it as to-read
May 14, 2015
Shiyardia Gariepy
Shiyardia Gariepy marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
Bunny
Bunny marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2015
Winston
Winston marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Chloe
Chloe added it
Jul 01, 2014
Susan Brown
Susan Brown marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2014
Joe Siracusa
Joe Siracusa marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Edward Willett is an award-winning author of science fiction, fantasy and non-fiction for both children and adults.

Born in Silver City, New Mexico, Willett lived in Bayard, New Mexico and Lubbock and Tulia, Texas, before moving to Weyburn, Saskatchewan with his family when he was eight years old.

He studied journalism at Harding University in Searcy, Arkansas, then returned to Weyburn as a reporter
More about Edward Willett...
Marseguro (Marseguro, #1) Song of the Sword (The Shards of Excalibur, #1) Terra Insegura The Wind Genetics Demystified