Start by marking “The Saucy Lucy Murders” as Want to Read:
The Saucy Lucy Murders

The Saucy Lucy Murders (The Saucy Lucy Mysteries #1)

Hometown and family beckon Lexie when she can no longer tolerate her husband’s wandering eye. Bereft, she moves with her teenage daughter Eva back to Moose Creek Junction, Wyoming, to be near her sister Lucy and open a business—The Saucy Lucy Café. Lexie’s sister is a churchgoing woman who believes her sister must remarry in order to enter the kingdom of heaven, and sudden ...more
Published December 1st 2007 by Medallion Press

To ask other readers questions about The Saucy Lucy Murders, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Saucy Lucy Murders

Patty
Apr 18, 2009 Patty rated it really liked it
There was a whole lot I liked about this book and a few things I didn't. Overall I enjoyed it and will read the next in the series.

Lexie owns a small soup 'n sandwich cafe in a very small town in Wyoming. When the book starts her date is killed by a bullet while out snowmobiling. Tagged as a tragic hunting accident no one thinks much more about it (except Lexie) until her next blind-date, arranged by sister Lucy, is also killed. Now everyone wonders if Lexie is killing her dates, at least until
Kamas Kirian
Jan 02, 2013 Kamas Kirian rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: mystery, abandoned
I had to give this story up. It is just not my type of book. The sister who continually is pushing for the main character to date so she can make it heaven was so annoying that I would have murdered her if she was my sister. The idea that you have to be married in order to enter heaven is ludicrous. I was always under the impression you had to take Jesus into your heart in order to enter heaven. I realize that my Catholic education is lacking, but I don't think things could be more different fro ...more
Jim
Oct 14, 2013 Jim rated it liked it
In a nutshell, this book has a pretty good plot, but pretty weak characters. Lexi could be a terrific character, but is not fully realized. Her sister is annoying and illogical. However, Aunt G is pretty funny. Ms. Reynders did a good job of creating her fictional world and describing the things and places within it. If she was able to describe, or bring the characters to life as well this could be a very good story.
Ultimately, the only reason I finished the story is to see if I had solved the m
Dee Renee  Chesnut
This ebook was free when I downloaded it from Barnes and Noble to my Nook library. I enjoy cozy mysteries so my rating for them starts with 3 stars. I dropped a star because this book exceeds the number of murders I think is appropriate for a cozy mystery.
I recommend it only for fans of the author.
Sue
A cozy mystery. Plot of story of two sisters attempting to solve was a bit much. Written so simply and the characters were not believable. While I did finish, I have no interest in continuing the series. I guess I like books with more depth. If you want a simple story, this may work for you. I have read other cozy mysteries and found them entertaining, but just couldn't connect.
Lillie
The mystery was okay, but I didn't like the way the sisters were characterized. The two sisters are the daughters of a minister. Lexie has given up her faith, but her sister is rigidly "religious"--she was a caricature of a believer and shown in an unfavorable light.
K.l.
Dec 22, 2013 K.l. rated it liked it
Shelves: cozy-mysteries
Quite fun and well written. The overly Christian sister and her husband were really annoying, but Lexie and her daughter were well gran and Aunt G was probably the best thing about the book. A quick and easy light mystery with a rather strange ending...
Kim
Jul 22, 2012 Kim rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: funny-mysteries
The book was very unorganized. Several pages contain the same storyline. The characters were too dingy. I read 35% of it. Very glad this was a free download.
Sandra J. Harris
Sandra J. Harris rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2014
Steph
Steph rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2012
Wendy Carman
Wendy Carman rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2014
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Sep 25, 2008
Vernell Schutte
Vernell Schutte rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2016
Jenna
Jenna rated it liked it
Jul 03, 2012
Jennifer Cain
Aug 14, 2012 Jennifer Cain rated it liked it
This was a free Nook book. Light reading for sure. Enjoyable
Jennifer Blackburn
Jennifer Blackburn rated it really liked it
Feb 13, 2014
Becky Bowman
Becky Bowman rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2012
E
E rated it did not like it
Jul 13, 2012
Jennifer Basinger
Jennifer Basinger rated it it was ok
May 25, 2013
Ida Silva
Ida Silva rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2014
Valerie
Valerie rated it liked it
Jul 14, 2012
Kim Erskine
Kim Erskine rated it it was ok
Jun 15, 2014
Mary Beth
Jul 07, 2012 Mary Beth rated it really liked it
While not entirely believable---very entertaining.
Ht
Ht rated it really liked it
Jan 18, 2013
Diane
Diane rated it really liked it
Apr 29, 2013
Debbie
Debbie rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2011
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Aug 15, 2012
Deann Roser-marion
Deann Roser-marion rated it really liked it
May 01, 2015
Skeeter Jorgensen
Aug 26, 2012 Skeeter Jorgensen rated it really liked it
This was cute, I enjoyed the read.
Shana Hollis
Shana Hollis rated it liked it
Jul 07, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Faerie Cake Dead (Luna Devere, #1)
  • The Woof in the Wedding Plans (Silver State Romance, #2)
  • Suburban Task Force
  • Worth Lying For
  • Lasso the Moon (Wild West, #1)
  • Run Like Hell
  • Cooking the Books (Sloane Templeton Mysteries #1)
  • Antiques Maul (A Trash 'n' Treasures Mystery, #2)
  • Dying for a Change
  • Liquid Lies
  • Death Springs Eternal (The Rift #3)
  • Love By The Book
  • Progressive Dinner Deadly (Myrtle Clover Cozy Mysteries #2)
  • Lost Cargo
  • Calamity Jayne Boxed Set (Calamity Jayne, #1-6)
  • Bon Voyage
  • Sinfandel
  • Death on the Aegean Queen (Dotsy Lamb, #3)
Cindy was born in Portland, Oregon and has lived all over the United States and also in Japan. She has visited Canada, the Philippines, Samoa, Hawaii, the Caribbean and New Zealand and the travels have given her an appreciation of other cultures.

Over the years, she has won or placed in various writing contests. She has also written for and edited numerous newsletters. Additionally, she has sold se
More about Cindy Keen Reynders...

The Saucy Lucy Mysteries (3 books)
  • Paws-itively Guilty