Start by marking “Up Your Score: The Underground Guide to the SAT” as Want to Read:
Up Your Score: The Underground Guide to the SAT

Up Your Score: The Underground Guide to the SAT

4.22  ·  Rating Details  ·  95 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Announcing the 19971998 edition of UP YOUR SCORE, the only test preparation book written for students by students. It's the strategy guide with attitude -- the book that is everything you need to give 'em hell (Sassy).Originally written by four students who aced the SAT, each new edition is guest-edited by a high schooler who scored 1550 or higher on the SAT (out of a poss ...more
Published December 1st 1996 by Workman Publishing (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Up Your Score, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Up Your Score

Katrina
I have to recommend this book to anyone preparing for the SAT. This book is funny, original, and helpful, a nice alternative to the dry, straight-forward material you'll have to read through in most other test prep books. I recommend it mostly for the vocabulary in it, because their definitions are all funny and clever plays on words, and they actually help you remember it a lot better.
Haya S.
It helped me widen my vocabulary but its math and writing lessons were far too easy compared to the "real thing".
Darcy Stewart
Jun 23, 2010 Darcy Stewart rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
This book really tells you how to ace each section. The book gives you nice little shortcuts and hints. The book breaks up the sections pretty well. I would take the advice. This book is worth your time and money.

The book does exactly what it says. It will bump up your score. You must do that through hard work. I would get another book with just practice tests, if you are going to get this book. The book is very humorous. You'll find the examples really nice. These kids really know what they ar
Star Shining Forever
Hilarious and packed full of gotta-know info for the SAT. Nice to have something fun to read to space out those harder, heavier study books. But its not just all fun—it makes it easier to learn and remember important info. B-) Definitely recommend. My only complaint is some crude humor.
Sara
Dec 03, 2008 Sara rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is my absolute best friend now.
It's witty, informative, and caters to the teenager with an abundance of allusions and some mild vulgarity.
Just the way I like it.
If all I did to prepare for the SAT was read this book, I would be confident.
Worth every penny.
Irene
Apr 19, 2011 Irene rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My mom made me read this to prepare for taking the SAT in the 7th grade (?!!?) and it was actually pretty helpful. I'd imagine it was more interesting than most other books on the subject. 2 stars for writing, 4 for content.
Jess
Feb 17, 2013 Jess rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This was great and helped me alot with the SAT!!! I recommend this so much! It was hilarious!!!
Redwallcrazy- My God is Healer, Awesome in Power!
Super Helpful!! By far the best SAT book I have found!! They made it super easy to understand. :D
Patricia
Jun 10, 2013 Patricia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
Helpful, easy to read guide to the SAT, even though I didn't care for most of the jokes.
Drew
Mar 04, 2008 Drew rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A funny book that prepares kids for the SAT.
Patrick
Oct 25, 2009 Patrick rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: textbook
Textbook, No Comment.
Hannah G
Jan 10, 2012 Hannah G rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny and entertaining book!
Lisa
May 25, 2013 Lisa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the Word list.
Shreya
Shreya is currently reading it
Aug 02, 2016
Seeta T. Shaw Roath
Seeta T. Shaw Roath rated it really liked it
Aug 01, 2016
Suzanne Filbey
Suzanne Filbey marked it as to-read
Jul 20, 2016
Debra Oliva
Debra Oliva is currently reading it
Jul 13, 2016
Laura Lubak
Laura Lubak marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
MD Heli
MD Heli marked it as to-read
May 13, 2016
MamallamaLokteff
MamallamaLokteff rated it liked it
May 06, 2016
Joseph O'Donnell
Joseph O'Donnell marked it as to-read
May 02, 2016
Kirsten Burnett
Kirsten Burnett rated it did not like it
Apr 21, 2016
Nona
Nona added it
Apr 16, 2016
Monica
Monica rated it it was amazing
Apr 14, 2016
Eden June
Eden June marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2016
Lauren Zdybel
Lauren Zdybel is currently reading it
Apr 12, 2016
Lee
Lee rated it it was amazing
Mar 14, 2016
Scarlette
Scarlette rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2016