Start by marking “Deeper Thoughts: All New, All Crispy” as Want to Read:
Deeper Thoughts: All New, All Crispy

Deeper Thoughts: All New, All Crispy

4.44 of 5 stars 4.44  ·  rating details  ·  350 ratings  ·  14 reviews
The sequel to Deep Thoughts, this collection of humorous meditations contains "inspirational" lunacy from the Saturday Night Live regular.
Published 1993 by Hachette Books

To ask other readers questions about Deeper Thoughts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deeper Thoughts

Rich Meyer
From the timely spacing of my reviews, it should be pretty obvious I came across all of the Deep Thoughts books, so I'm reading them bang-bang-bang, just for the helluva it.

This second book features a lot more quips that I hadn't seen or read before; the first volume was predominated by ones that had been used on Saturday Night Live or in the pages of National Lampoon.

It's good to see that the illustrious Mr. Handey could keep churning out the goofiness. Now, on to book three!
Deke
Not AS funny as the first volume, but almost. Laughed out loud several times. This kind of comedic writing is incredibly difficult, yet Jack Handey makes it look effortless.
Noel Joy
because of my twisted sense of humor... i love these little books (i have all all 5). we read them every year on road trips when things get slow in the car! and how can you not love them with little doosies like... "it's easy to sit there and say you'd like to have more money. and i guess that's what i like about it. it's easy. just sitting there rocking back and forth, wanting that money." and "i hope life isn't a big joke, because i don't get it."
Philip
We were talking about Jack Handey at work at the beginning of the summer. Today, I brought in the book. Sheesh, there's some gold in here.

"If you're robbing a bank, and your pants suddenly fall down, I think it's ok to laugh, and to let the hostages laugh too, because come on, life is funny."

I read through it during our 15 minute break. I've got to get the rest of these.
Jessica
"One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take
my little nephew to DisneyLand, but instead I drove him to an old
burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said, "DisneyLand burned down." He
cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty
good joke. I started to drive over to the real DisneyLand, but it was
getting pretty late."
lurra
04/13/07 from deepthoughtsbyjackhandey.com:
I think a good movie would be about a guy who's a brain scientist, but he gets hit on the head and it damages the part of the brain that makes you want to study the brain.
Malbadeen
VNA-LA's recent quote adds reminded me of these little ditties (the books) and then I remembered that I haven't seen them around lately and then I wanted to remind everyone that my birthday is September 2nd.
Sara
My favorite one of these is probably, 'The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw.' This book = a half hour well spent, especially while otherwise trying to read 'Tristram Shandy.'
Malaya Hoffmann
Again, short, concise and VERY funny.. And I've also read it over and over again..
Eden
Just what you are expecting. More Deep Thoughts. Funny and quick read.
Ichaerus
Seriously, I love deep thoughts so much.
Stephen
Fast motion gardening changed my life.
Joe
Jun 21, 2011 Joe added it
Shelves: non-fiction
Love this. I wish my library had more!
Thomas
Thomas marked it as to-read
May 21, 2015
Angelia
Angelia marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
May 07, 2015
  • The Late Night with David Letterman Book of Top Ten Lists
  • You Are Worthless: Depressing Nuggets of Wisdom Sure to Ruin Your Day
  • The Complete Monty Python's Flying Circus: All the Words, Vol. 2
  • Extra Nutty! Even More Letters from a Nut!
  • Still Pumped from Using the Mouse
  • The Simpsons Forever!: A Complete Guide to Our Favorite Family...Continued
  • Unnatural Selections
  • Dispatches from the Tenth Circle: The Best of the Onion
  • The Dr. Drew and Adam Book: A Survival Guide To Life and Love
  • The People's Doonesbury: Notes from Underfoot, 1978-1980
  • Cat
  • Parliament of Whores: A Lone Humorist Attempts to Explain the Entire U.S. Government
  • Fish Whistle: Commentaries, Uncommentaries, and Vulgar Excesses
  • Red Meat: A Collection of Red Meat Cartoons From the Secret Files of Max Cannon
  • Dave Barry's Greatest Hits
  • How to Eat Like a Child: And Other Lessons in Not Being a Grown-up
  • The Guy Under the Sheets: The Unauthorized Autobiography
  • The Complete Peanuts, Vol. 11: 1971 - 1972
Jack Handey is an American humorist. He is best known for his Deep Thoughts, a large body of surrealistic one-liner jokes, as well as his "Fuzzy Memories" and "My Big Thick Novel" shorts. Many people have the false impression that Jack Handey is not an actual person, but a character created by Saturday Night Live or a pen name used by National Lampoon.
More about Jack Handey...
The Stench of Honolulu: A Tropical Adventure Deep Thoughts What I'd Say to the Martians and Other Veiled Threats Deepest Thoughts: So Deep They Squeak The Lost Deep Thoughts: Don't Fight the Deepness