Start by marking “Deeper Thoughts: All New, All Crispy” as Want to Read:
Deeper Thoughts: All New, All Crispy

Deeper Thoughts: All New, All Crispy

4.44 of 5 stars 4.44  ·  rating details  ·  318 ratings  ·  13 reviews
The sequel to Deep Thoughts, this collection of humorous meditations contains "inspirational" lunacy from the Saturday Night Live regular.
Published 1993 by Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Deeper Thoughts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deeper Thoughts

Rich Meyer
From the timely spacing of my reviews, it should be pretty obvious I came across all of the Deep Thoughts books, so I'm reading them bang-bang-bang, just for the helluva it.

This second book features a lot more quips that I hadn't seen or read before; the first volume was predominated by ones that had been used on Saturday Night Live or in the pages of National Lampoon.

It's good to see that the illustrious Mr. Handey could keep churning out the goofiness. Now, on to book three!
Noel Joy
because of my twisted sense of humor... i love these little books (i have all all 5). we read them every year on road trips when things get slow in the car! and how can you not love them with little doosies like... "it's easy to sit there and say you'd like to have more money. and i guess that's what i like about it. it's easy. just sitting there rocking back and forth, wanting that money." and "i hope life isn't a big joke, because i don't get it."
Philip
We were talking about Jack Handey at work at the beginning of the summer. Today, I brought in the book. Sheesh, there's some gold in here.

"If you're robbing a bank, and your pants suddenly fall down, I think it's ok to laugh, and to let the hostages laugh too, because come on, life is funny."

I read through it during our 15 minute break. I've got to get the rest of these.
Jessica
"One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take
my little nephew to DisneyLand, but instead I drove him to an old
burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said, "DisneyLand burned down." He
cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty
good joke. I started to drive over to the real DisneyLand, but it was
getting pretty late."
lurra
04/13/07 from deepthoughtsbyjackhandey.com:
I think a good movie would be about a guy who's a brain scientist, but he gets hit on the head and it damages the part of the brain that makes you want to study the brain.
Malbadeen
VNA-LA's recent quote adds reminded me of these little ditties (the books) and then I remembered that I haven't seen them around lately and then I wanted to remind everyone that my birthday is September 2nd.
Sara
My favorite one of these is probably, 'The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw.' This book = a half hour well spent, especially while otherwise trying to read 'Tristram Shandy.'
Malaya Hoffmann
Again, short, concise and VERY funny.. And I've also read it over and over again..
Eden
Just what you are expecting. More Deep Thoughts. Funny and quick read.
Ichaerus
Seriously, I love deep thoughts so much.
Stephen
Fast motion gardening changed my life.
Joe
Jun 21, 2011 Joe added it
Shelves: non-fiction
Love this. I wish my library had more!
Tam
Tam marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2014
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
Angela
Angela marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
14jadenf2
14jadenf2 marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Shenanigans
Shenanigans marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
  • The Complete Monty Python's Flying Circus: All the Words, Vol. 2
  • Still Pumped from Using the Mouse
  • Unnatural Selections
  • The Dr. Drew and Adam Book: A Survival Guide To Life and Love
  • Red Meat: A Collection of Red Meat Cartoons From the Secret Files of Max Cannon
  • Dating Your Mom
  • Dave Barry's Greatest Hits
  • What the Dogs Have Taught Me: And Other Amazing Things I've Learned
  • The Get Fuzzy Experience: Are You Bucksperienced
  • Cat
  • The People's Doonesbury: Notes from Underfoot, 1978-1980
  • This Is Ridiculous This Is Amazing: Parenthood in 71 Lists
Jack Handey is an American humorist. He is best known for his Deep Thoughts, a large body of surrealistic one-liner jokes, as well as his "Fuzzy Memories" and "My Big Thick Novel" shorts. Many people have the false impression that Jack Handey is not an actual person, but a character created by Saturday Night Live or a pen name used by National Lampoon.
More about Jack Handey...
The Stench of Honolulu: A Tropical Adventure Deep Thoughts What I'd Say to the Martians and Other Veiled Threats Deepest Thoughts: So Deep They Squeak The Lost Deep Thoughts: Don't Fight the Deepness