Start by marking “Soulmate (Night World, #6)” as Want to Read:
Soulmate (Night World, #6)

Soulmate (Night World #6)

4.11  ·  Rating Details ·  4,172 Ratings  ·  117 Reviews

Published April 1997 by Simon Pulse (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Soulmate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Soulmate

Evelina
Aug 09, 2015 Evelina rated it it was amazing
...5:30 η ώρα το πρωί και στριφογύριζα στο κρεβάτι μου γιατί δεν μπορούσα να βγάλω από το μυαλό μου τα πρώτα κεφάλαια που είχα διαβάσει από το Soulmate. Ώσπου τελικά,πήρα τη γενναία απόφαση να το τελειώσω τα ξημερώματα!!
Η πλοκή έχει ως εξής: μια κοπέλα που αναγεννάται σε νέο σώμα μετά από κάθε θάνατό της κι ένας άντρα την αναζητά σε κάθε της ζωή απελπισμένα. Βέβαια αυτό ο άνδρας δεν μετενσαρκώνεται γιατί δεν πεθαίνει ποτέ. Είναι βρικόλακας και ο άρχοντας του Night World!
Μου αρέσουν όλες οι μικ
Inge
I love Hannah and Thierry. I love the hopelessness of their romance, since there's another, really dangerous pawn in their game. It's not exactly a love triangle, but there's someone out there who's got the hots for Thierry. And she wants Hannah dead. Every single lifetime.

We also get to revisit some of the characters from the previous books, which is great. There is mention of Old Powers arising, of Circle Daybreak becoming more active, and it's all leading to one epic finale. Bring it on.
Jessica Healy
Jan 22, 2015 Jessica Healy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, vampires, lj-smith, fantasy
So I go back to LJ Smith every so often. They're my comfort books. This time round, recovering from a violent migraine made her blend of gentle romance/teen drama/supernatural elements particularly soothing.

Sometimes, no matter how hard I try otherwise, some problematic issues always crop up for me on rereading these. This time round, no matter how much I wanted to delve into romantic alternaworld, I found it really hard to get past the scenes where Hannah persists in falling in love with someb
Leeanna
Dec 03, 2009 Leeanna rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own
Night World 6: Soulmate, by L. J. Smith

Hannah Snow has the perfect life - she's about to graduate from high school, she already has a college scholarship, and she even knows that she wants to be a paleontologist. But her perfect life starts to collapse when she finds notes that she doesn't remember writing, warning her of a dire event - "Dead Before Seventeen."

Increasingly disturbed by the notes and bad dreams, Hannah visits a psychiatrist. On her very first appointment, a werewolf crashes into
Kushnuma
Sep 06, 2015 Kushnuma rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Soulmate is book 6 in the Night World series.

This is another story that I absolutely love and adore. I love how we also see the characters from the previous books, who are all part of Circle Daybreak.
H
Jul 08, 2016 H rated it liked it
Another forbidden love

Soulmate was an okay story. The beginning was extremely interesting, but after a chapter or two, it somehow went downhill. I did like that the protagonist, Hannah, has had many past lives, but she fails to remember them. What I didn’t like was that sometimes while I was reading the story, I felt like I was inside a box. Although the story was a little different from the previous stories in the Night World series, all the stories are about forbidden love and so in the end ca
Claire (not Danvers)
Well, damn. This was so good! Remember in Secret Vampire when Ash wanted to turn in Poppy to Thierry (Lord of Night World)? Well, he's the main character in this dramatic story. It was unbelievably sad! Luckily, we still had that classic L.J. Smith ending.

Before I talk more about this book, I want to rate my favorite Night World books in order based on my preference. The number 1 spot was a much developed story.
1. The Chosen
2. Secret Vampire
3. Soulmate
4. Spellbinder
5. Daughters of Darkness

*Dar
Cindy
Hannah Snow is finding notes everywhere. Notes in her handwriting that she never remembers jotting down. Notes that warn her about the man who will come for her. To kill her. And it won't be the first time he's done it...

Yeah, I'm gonna have to go ahead and rate this 5 big ol' stars. 'Cause I love a good reincarnation story, and also because I love the ending. (How very Mary-Lynette of you, Hannah!)

This is, to me, the best book in the series by far. I have liked the male characters in previous b
Alicia
I really enjoyed this book. Hannah has memories of her past life and her soulmate Thierry. She is not sure whether he is back to harm her or not. As the story progresses, we learn the truth about Hannah and Thierry's story.
Ashley
Nov 11, 2015 Ashley rated it liked it
"Soulmate" went down a bit easier than the last couple of "Night World" books. This story had a slightly new feel to it without still being in tune with the rest of the 'Night World" tales.
I didn't hate Hannah and I like the back and forward story-line that Smith came up with for Hannah. Thierry wasn't exactly a new character but he was vaguely interesting. I have to admit, this book didn't completely suck. Now, I just might finish the other three books that I have left in the series since this
Rose
Jun 28, 2016 Rose rated it really liked it
I probably haven't read this book in over ten years. I don't know how it holds up, and if I read it now for the first time I probably wouldn't love it nearly as much. Having said that, there is something about having that book on your shelf that makes you smile because you loved it so much as little girl that you let your mother pay the "lost" fee to the library because you could never give it back. I never even bothered to read the other Night World books, maybe I will some day, but I've always ...more
Connie
Dec 20, 2015 Connie rated it liked it
Source: I own a bind up of books 4-6 of this book.
Cost: Free gift

Title: Soulmate
Series: Night World #6
Author: LJ Smith
Overall Rating: 3 stars

This one left no lingering feeling with me. I could take about the book before this one for ages, but the execution of this kind of let me down quite a bit. The story of past lives is something I love, it's one of the reasons I enjoyed the Fallen books, but this wasn't portrayed in the right way...

I don't know...

I just didn't love it.
Epiphany
Aug 23, 2016 Epiphany rated it really liked it
Emeline
Apr 02, 2016 Emeline rated it it was ok
I really think the only Night World story I disliked more than this is Dark Angel, and even still, I struggled to find anything likeable in this mess. Right from the start there was appalling ableism! I already hate how mental illness is used as a cheap plot device in paranormal and fantasy stories, but to actually go so far as to have the perfectly mentally healthy character go to a therapist, and be told, basically, "you'll be normal in a few weeks" is just making a mockery of mental illness. ...more
Domika
Až na ten divný konec to bylo skvělé. Zatím jedna z nejlepších knih ze série.
____________________________________________________

Hannah navštěvuje už delší dobu psychologa. Každý den totiž najde několik vzkazů napsaných její vlastní rukou, které ji upozorňují na její brzkou smrt. Avšak Hannah si nepamatuje, že by některý z těchto vzkazů napsala. Společně tento problém řeší u psychologa - probírají záhadné vzkazy i myšlenku, že Hannah někdo pronásleduje.
Spřízněnou duší hlavní hrdinky je upír Thie
Nel-ly
A/N: jen je prostě škoda, že je to až tak naivní, tady sice snad poprvé postavy působí s ohledem na svů věk uvěřitelně a i jsou sympatické, ale jinak je to prostě až moc dětské a předvídatelné (každopádně vedle Tajemného anděla jde asi o nejpovedenější díl)

Hannah najde varovný vzkaz, který je o to víc znepokojující, protože je napsán jejím vlastním písmem. Má pocit, že ji někdo sleduje a možná chce dokonce zabít. Ve chvíli, kdy už je přesvědčena, že začíná se zbláznila, objevuje se on, podivný c
Daniellesof2014
Feb 26, 2010 Daniellesof2014 rated it really liked it
Hannah Snow's life was perfect; she had everything a 16 year old could need, that is until she found the notes. She was warning herself even though she doesn’t remember writing them, and one of them said dead before 17. Scared she went to look for help, and found a psychiatrist named Paul. Even though she found help, things kept getting worse and their first session didn't go so well. She finds out she is the reincarnation of Hana of the three rivers and continues to find out about the night wor ...more
VampireNovelFan
Jan 08, 2012 VampireNovelFan rated it it was amazing
Soulmate is book 6 of the Night World series. It centers around Hannah and Theirry. Hannah's a great student and well rounded with dreams of becoming a paleontologist. Everything seemed normal until she starts noticing messages written in her handwriting foreshadowing her death--before seventeen. She seeks help with a psychiatrist, but through therapy she gets visions (or are they memories) of former life in another time...and of a vampire (Thierry) who realized he loved her too late. Fast-forwa ...more
Tessa
Sep 23, 2012 Tessa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sixième tome de la saga Night World qui sait assez bien se renouveler.
Dans ce tome, Hannah est une humaine qui a croisé le chemin de Thierry à l’âge de pierre. Depuis elle se réincarne et meurt avant son 17ème anniversaire avant d’avoir pu profiter de son amour avec son vampire.

Un nouveau thème assez original autour d’Hannah qui au fil de ses différentes vies a été guerrière, prêtresse ou tout simplement lycéenne, comme c’est le cas dans le livre.
Elle se retrouve plongée dans l’univers du Night
Amy
May 11, 2011 Amy rated it really liked it
Desiree *~*~* LiveReadCollect
5 stars.

Wow, I'm amazed that I gave this one such a high star rating. The reason for my shock is that I have read this before as a teenager and I seem to recall this being one of my top 3 least favorite in the entire series. I remember liking parts but not the whole thing.

During this reread Soulmate was one the books I was dreading. I looked at it as the book I had to get through to get to one of my favorites, Huntress.

Imagine my surprise when I read the first page and was instantly hooked in
Janni
Mar 12, 2009 Janni added it
Bibliotropic
May 10, 2015 Bibliotropic rated it liked it
This used to be my favourite book in the Night World series, tied for first with Spellbinder . I loved the way that reincarnation was approached, the idea that love could follow people through lifetimes, always calling back to each other and finding each other once again, even when both parties could well be vastly different than their previous incarnation.

Reading this book again now, I'm sad to say, ruined the story for me. It was very hard to keep the shine of happy nostalgia going when I fou
Kris - My Novelesque Life
3.5 STARS

"Eternal Love Hannah Snow's life was so together. Friends, terrific grades, dreams of a career in paleontology. Everything was perfect... until the notes started appearing. Notes in her own handwriting, warning her of the danger that was coming. Dead Before Seventeen.

The psychiatrist was supposed to help. But what came out of the age regressions were memories of another time, another life. And of a stranger who tore her world apart... a vampire who killed a village in his rage. Until, i
Jeni
Sep 06, 2013 Jeni rated it liked it
I have to admit that I didn't like this one as much as most of the other Night World books I've listened to. These books are generally great little quick reads (or listens if you're doing the audio version like I am). I can usually finish one or two a week in between working and it certainly helps break up the monotony of my days at work.

The premise for the story was sound (my favorite idea for a Night World book so far), but I felt like Smith really only went skin deep on a lot of stuff and th
Mιss •kαthєяίиє•  Τhε Emεrαℓd Pяίиcεss®
Thierry is the first made vampire. When Maya turned him and he tried to find who he was, he found his soulmate. But he almost drained her and branded her and still she forgave him. Every time she was reborn, he was there. Even though she turned killed before seventeen and she started to hate him, he still loved her and tried to protect her from their enemy: Maya.

Now Hanah Snow is reborn in Montana and when she goes to Paul, who is a shrink, she finds that she has lived many lives before she thin
Belinda
Oct 27, 2014 Belinda rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is one of the most romantic books I have ever read. It qualified my thoughts on true love and it is definitely the most romantic one in the NightWorld series.

Hanna was cool and it was amazing to go through her past lives. When I read this book, stories like this were not common so this was quite unique. Hanna is a cool chic limited by the fact that her soulmate and her nemesis have memories she does not.

The best part is of course Thierry. His love for Hannah is literally eternal. He lives,
Corrinne
Apr 13, 2014 Corrinne rated it really liked it
Finally through this story all the characters from the other books are brought together, and you get a real glimpse of the bigger picture. I really hope the following stories will continue to go towards this direction.
Fantasy Literature
Jul 08, 2013 Fantasy Literature rated it really liked it
The first omnibus edition of THE NIGHT WORLD sets up the basic premise of the Night World, introducing several concepts and characters that pop up again in later books, and are quick, entertaining reads. But it's not until the fifth story (found in this collection) in the series that things really get moving, and Smith begins to draw on her established history of the Night World, bring back past characters, and begin to set the scene for more epic things to come.

Dark Angel is unfortunately the w
Lel
I first read this when I was about 12-13 and remember loving the series and the characters. As an adult I didn't find it nearly as engaging or interesting. Definitely one for young teens.
  • Creatures of Forever (The Last Vampire #6)
  • Crazy Like A Fox  (Louisiana) (Born in the USA)
  • Vampire
  • Lord of the Abyss / Desert Warrior
  • One Thing or Your Mother (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #10)
  • Jennifer Scales and the Messenger of Light (Jennifer Scales, #2)
  • Crimson Night (Crimson #2)
  • The Conjurer Princess
  • All Souls' Night (Blood Ties, #4)
I have a new blog about my Vampire Diaries fanfic.

L.J. SMITH, Lisa Jane Smith, is the New York Times #1 Bestselling author of The Vampire Diaries, The Secret Circle, The Forbidden Game, Dark Visions, Wildworld and Night World series. She has written over two dozen books for children and young adults, and has enjoyed writing every one of them. She lives in th
More about L.J. Smith...

Night World (10 books)
  • Secret Vampire (Night World, #1)
  • Daughters of Darkness (Night World, #2)
  • Spellbinder (Night World, #3)
  • Dark Angel (Night World, #4)
  • The Chosen (Night World, #5)
  • Huntress (Night World, #7)
  • Black Dawn (Night World, #8)
  • Witchlight (Night World, #9)
  • Strange Fate (Night World, #10)