The Italian's Convenient Wife

The Italian's Convenient Wife

3.04 of 5 stars 3.04  ·  rating details  ·  49 ratings  ·  7 reviews
When Paolo Rainero's niece and nephew are orphaned, he arranges to marry Caroline Leighton, the twins' American aunt, to protect them. But first he must show Callie that he's changed since their affair nine years ago. As their convenient marriage becomes real, and old desires are rekindled, Paolo can't help feeling that Caroline's hiding something. A secret involving him.....more
Paperback, Harlequin Presents #2552, 186 pages
Published July 2006 by Harlequin (first published October 2005)

Nell
The plot was so far-fetched only the writing saved the book
Victoria
It started off really good. I was addicted from the start. But somehow, as it reached the end, it wasn't really very convincing to me. I dunno, but somehow the part where they quarreled wasn't impactful enough to me. And how they made up felt just too little. Like, there wasn't enough substance. In my mind, Italians are hot :P, arrogant and just not so forgiving. But instead of him really blaming her, he kinda just asked for her forgiveness?

I know I don't make a lot of sense but somehow the cli...more
Kay
Feb 05, 2012 Kay rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: print
4 Stars! ~ All of the pain from nine years before, is thrust once more at Caroline as she travels to Rome to claim her orphaned niece and nephew. She's braced for a fight with their Italian uncle, Paolo, a man she had given her innocence to, only to be dismissed. But Paolo today is not the callous playboy she'd known, now he is a man with a deep sense of family responsibility. Yet from their first reunion, Paolo is aware there is more grief in Caroline than that of her sister and brother-in-law'...more
Leona
Wow...this is my first book by this author and definitely not my last.

This is an incredible love story about second chances in not only love, but life, and that sometimes we are given an incredible gift to fix our past mistakes and ultimately forgive those who have hurt us the most. This author takes you on an incredible journey into the heart and soul of Paolo and Callie where you see all their pain and human frailty.

This is so unlike any HP I have ever read. I was so wrapped up in watching h...more
Jenny
If you love a smitten noble flawless hero who is willing to shout his love for the heroine from the rooftops then this is the book for you!
Ladyacct
Really good story of a couple who met when they were young and immature, reconciled due to circumstances beyond their control when more mature and nine years older (yep that short of time can make a big difference in an arrogant - well to do - butt hat of a hero).

Tear jerker, really well written.

no typos/editing issues either!!!
Roub
Melanie Janvier
Melanie Janvier marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Maggie
Maggie added it
Jul 06, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Asteropê
Asteropê marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Eliana Suazo
Eliana Suazo marked it as to-read
Apr 11, 2014
Mariamg1603
Mariamg1603 marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
Sarah added it
Feb 01, 2014
Clariza Ignacio
Clariza Ignacio marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Shanelle
Shanelle marked it as to-read
Dec 18, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
The Millionaire's Marriage The Greek Millionaire's Secret Child Constantino's Pregnant Bride The Costanzo Baby Secret Anak Rahasia Sang Dokter (The Doctor's Secret Child)

“Just because we've paid our last respects to those we love, doesn't mean we're over losing them.” 1 likes