Koala and the Flower

Koala and the Flower

3.0 of 5 stars 3.00  ·  rating details  ·  16 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Little gray Koala isn't sure about many things, but she does know she loves flowers. She learns how to "make" them with the help of her new friend Donkey -- and a few good books from the library -- in this picture book charmer.
Published May 1st 2002 by Roaring Brook Press

Miss Amanda

Where do flowers come from? Koala wants to know. Do they reall come from paper like Raccoon says? Or do you bake them like Badger insists? Donkey says he know where Koala can find the answer: The Libary!

Great introduction to using the library to find answers to your questions.
Vivian
While we're on the subject of "outback" animals let me mention this story about libraries. I use this story sometimes for pre-school tours.
Paula

Koala, who likes to ask questions and learn new things, learns how to grow flowers after a new friend takes her to the library.
Amanda
A pretty cute book- liked the illustrations the most- about learning at the library and not listening to naysayers.
Ecl  Storytellers
Cute story, too long for storytime.
Rose
Apr 04, 2009 Rose added it
Shelves: childrens
E Mur
Dawn
Dawn added it
Apr 02, 2014
Kylie
Kylie marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2012
Susana
Susana added it
Apr 07, 2010
Children's author and illustrator Mary Murphy enchants even the youngest of readers with her bold style, combining eye-catching graphics and a bouncy text that seemingly jump off the pages.

Mary Murphy has an advanced diploma in Visual Communications and has written and illustrated a number of children's books, including her lift-the-flap, pull-the-tab book about friendship, ROXIE AND BO TOGETHER....more
More about Mary Murphy...
I Kissed the Baby! I Like It When . . . Say Hello Like This! A Kiss Like This Quick Duck!