Start by marking “All About Evie (Chameleon Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
All About Evie (Chameleon Chronicles, #1)

All About Evie (Evie Parish #1)

3.87  ·  Rating Details  ·  253 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews

CASTING CALL NOTICE:

Seeking actress for role of ditzy former Vegas showgirl Sugar Dupont. Must possess strong vocals, outgoing personality and great gazongas.

Well, two out of three ain't bad.

A showbiz veteran, Evie Parish knows she has the chops to sing and dance with the best. A Wonderbra should take care of the rest.

YOUR SCENE PARTNER:

Arch, aka Charles Dupont, a d

Published May 1st 2007 by Harlequin Books

To ask other readers questions about All About Evie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All About Evie

Witchful Thinking by H.P. MalloryToil and Trouble by H.P. MalloryFire Burn and Cauldron Bubble by H.P. MalloryMini Shopaholic by Sophie KinsellaHigh Stakes by Erin McCarthy
Cutest Book Covers
139th out of 370 books — 89 voters
Jizziebelle by Kat CrimsonBoots And Chaps by Myla JacksonTaking Jana by Rissa BrahmSexy Serenity, a Memoir by Miranda K. SimonMistress Christmas by Lorelei James
Spangle: Strippers and Showgirls in Romance
25th out of 69 books — 20 voters

More lists with this book...

★¸. • * ° * ༺*Blanka*༺*°°*•.¸. ♥★

CASTING CALL NOTICE:

Well, two out of three ain't bad.

YOUR SCENE PARTNER:

Arch, aka Charles Dupont, a doting older husband.

THE GIG:

Eight days of smooching, fawning and otherwise making a PDA spectacle of yourselves on a Caribbean cruis
faeriemyst
Not totally romance, not exactly chick-lit, not altogether a mystery, so what is it? A bit of all of the above really. ALL ABOUT EVIE is a fluffy read that's fairly quick and utterly harmless. Evie, at 41, is a nice change from the 23-year-olds that run rampant in lighter fiction. Yes, her age does come into play since she's an old geezer in the world of show business, but it never became overbearing or unnecessary and added another dimension to her character. Evie narrates in first person, whil ...more
Samantha
Aug 30, 2012 Samantha rated it really liked it
At first I wasn't sure what to expect when I picked up this book, but I truly did not see the ending coming. Evie is a forty-one year old actress realizing that although she has talent, the world wants younger, fake looking women in the roles. Her husband even traded her in for a younger model. Now a year has passed since her divorce and she still has a working relationship with her ex-husband/agent. She has a breakdown at an audition and realizes she's in trouble.

Arch/Charles Dupont is looking
Patacaisse
Dec 08, 2012 Patacaisse rated it it was amazing
Evie est une femme de 35 ans qui vient de divorcer (son mari a trouvé une nana de 25 ans). Elle a du mal à trouver du travail dans le milieu du spectacle où elle a toujours travaillé jusqu’ici. Après un pétage de plomb lors d’une audition, elle décide de sauter sur une opportunité d’une croisière rémunérée où elle doit jouer un rôle.
La situation commence à paraître louche quand elle découvre que l’homme qu’elle doit accompagner se grime en homme de 60 ans et qu’elle doit jouer le rôle d’une femm
Diane ~Firefly~
Aug 07, 2015 Diane ~Firefly~ rated it liked it
Interesting book where Evie is dealing with being an over forty performer. She jumps at the chance for an unusual job to get out of town for a bit.

What I enjoyed:
* Evie is a great character. She is very proud of her entertaining skills, but is justifiably upset at the age bias. She gives the new job her best even while not really knowing everything she should.
* Arch and Evie together were great.
* I enjoyed Evie's thoughts showing the difference between herself and the persona she was playing.

Wha
Katie
Sep 26, 2014 Katie rated it it was amazing
I was never much of a reader. took me 6 months to read a book. then I got ahold of some romance books and I could read them in a week. But this book, I finished in one day! It was amazing! my boyfriend came home from work today looked around my messy house and asked if I cleaned anything I said no BUT I FINISHED MY BOOK! it is 100% worth a read!
Pam
Jun 17, 2016 Pam rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016, h2016
This was absolutely darling. I thought it was funny and delighful. I loved the Heroine The was my first read by this author. I definitely will read another from her with hopes the next book by her is as good.
Anastasia
Jul 03, 2014 Anastasia rated it really liked it
La romance au départ, si elle n'est pas accompagnée d'une grande intrigue, ce n'est pas trop mon truc, mais grâce à Chani, j'ai decouvert ce livre. ;)
J'ai été happée par l'aventure mais surtout la légèreté d'Evie !
Un grand bol de fraicheur et d'humour !
Cara
Apr 14, 2014 Cara rated it really liked it
A fun, clever change of pace book with a little bit of mystery woven into a romantic caper on a cruise ship--a quick, funny vacation read.
Malia
May 09, 2010 Malia rated it really liked it
Minor spoiler alert! I had a little trouble at first with the changing POV- why is she first person and the men are third? But then I got into it and laughed, got caught up in the action. It's not as predictable as your usual romance, especially from Harlequin, and I was glad when the ending obviously set us up for a sequel--even more so when I checked search and saw that there are more than one. I'll get them soon, sequels can be tricky, so I'll live in hope. The sex was hot, by the way, and he ...more
Jess
Jul 21, 2007 Jess rated it really liked it
Okay, suspend some disbelief, and you'll love this book. It's got a secret sanctioned government agent (and agency), a showgirl/magician's assistant/actress/singer entertainment lead, and standard HEA sort. But the surprises are in the way Evie handles a mid-life crisis. Seemed a bit quick, though. Probably because it's set in about 10 days. I don't know a couple days longer would been nice. Which is why it only got 4 stars instead of 5. The quick moving pace was a bit jarring, as was the instan ...more
Carrie
Jul 04, 2012 Carrie rated it really liked it
Shelves: guilty-pleasures
Just love the characters in this one! Evie is so nothing like me so I was worried about relating, but she's just so darn likeable. Perhaps a tad too much time is spent on her insecurities, but it all evens out. And I just love bad boy hero, Arch. Gorgeous, funny, Scottish accent... *sigh* It kills me that their story stretches out over 3 books (a new concept for my romance reading), but I'm enjoying the ride. Curious/anxious to see where the side angle with Beckett goes.
Xaka
Jul 05, 2011 Xaka rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book starts off boring. Get through the first few pages and you will get to enjoy one of the cutest, well-written fluff stories out there. The main characters are loveable and their story is put-a-smile-on-your-face-and-pep-in-your-step enjoyable.

I would even re-read this book. That is rare for me. There are passages that I *did* re-read on my first go-through simply because reading them was so enjoyable.
Just - The romance reader
Jun 09, 2011 Just - The romance reader rated it it was ok
Shelves: at-library
I was a bit disappointed with this book. I somehow managed to start the series out of order and read Everybody Loves Evie first. From what I remember I enjoyed it considerably more. I found the plot on All About Evie to be a good and interesting concept, but still found myself often bored with the story and could only get about half way through. I did skim to how the story ended.
Marian Shannon
Mar 02, 2013 Marian Shannon rated it did not like it
It took me months before I was able to finish this book. It was definitely a struggle for me to do so, but since I started it, there was no turning back. I wasn't sure what didn't suit me, the story or the characters, either way, I'm done with this book, and for sure I won't be reading the sequel.
Alisue
Jan 01, 2014 Alisue rated it it was amazing
My ALL TIME FAVORITE book by Beth Ciotta. I have bought this book 3 times because I give it out to people to read and they love it so much! GREAT BOOK!
Linda
Nov 14, 2010 Linda rated it really liked it
Love Beth Ciotta's books. For sheer entertainment and a fun read she is hard to beat. Plus the fact that the character Evie is not a brainless twit. Sorry, I'm too old to get much enjoyment from reading about brainless twits...been there done that.
Miss
Oct 19, 2007 Miss rated it liked it
Recommends it for: beach goers
My mother loved it. You'll read it in a day. There's really no mystery and it isn't exactly heavy on the prose but it's hilarious and her details as far as being a has been before even having an acting career are pretty spot on. Blister would hate it.
Brandi Epling
Jul 21, 2009 Brandi Epling rated it really liked it
One of the few Harlequin books I like. I hope they continue the series! It was a great story about a washed-up showgirl/performer who finds a new calling as part of a covert anti-scam government agency.
Char
Sep 18, 2007 Char rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: romantic comedy lovers
I love Beth Ciotta's voice. Plus, her main character, Evie, is a hoot and her romantic interest/employer/partner in busting crime is a hunk of Scottish-Irish-English burning love. Very fun romp!
Jodotha
May 28, 2016 Jodotha rated it did not like it
Nothing that made me gag or anything, but... Nothing special. Kind of cookie cuttery. I figured I have better books to read with my time.
Laurie
Aug 13, 2012 Laurie rated it really liked it
Read this book! It is great and really funny! Love all the movie references through out the series.
Cheryl
Jun 16, 2013 Cheryl rated it it was ok
Shelves: year2013, summer13
I've read it before and neglected to log it. Was better the first time, didn't hold up to the reread.
Jen
Jan 10, 2009 Jen rated it liked it
Amber Moore
This was a cute light upbeat read. Got a little romance, alittle mystry. All good fun.
Megan
Nov 26, 2012 Megan rated it liked it
Love triangles. Hmph. I like Evie but can see one coming from a mile away.
CLM
Nov 24, 2007 CLM marked it as to-read
Shelves: romance
Beth is a romance editor herself so this should be interesting.
Leslie
Oct 01, 2013 Leslie rated it really liked it
Evident is one of my favorite characters ever!
Patti
Aug 11, 2008 Patti rated it really liked it
Great screwball romance!
Kathryn
Aug 15, 2008 Kathryn rated it it was ok
Couldn't get through it.
  • To The Limit (NASCAR, #4)
  • A Major Attraction (Good to Go, #1)
  • Blame It On Cupid
  • Divorced, Desperate and Deceived (Divorced and Desperate #3)
  • The Tower (Erotic Bedtime Stories, #1)
  • Letter of Love
  • The Brass Bed (Jewel Heiss #1)
  • Bride Needs Groom
  • Natural Blond Instincts
  • Prelude to a Scandal (Scandal, #1)
  • Melting the Slopes
  • Do They Wear High Heels in Heaven?
  • Here Comes Trouble
  • The Mighty Quinns: Kellan (The Mighty Quinns, #18)
  • A NASCAR Holiday: Ladies, Start Your Engines...\'Tis the Silly Season\Unbreakable
  • Silver and Gold
  • Take Me If You Can (ARTemis, Inc. #1)
  • Tangled Up in Love (The Doolittle Stories, #1)
Storytelling comes naturally to award-winning author Beth Ciotta. Limiting herself to one sub-genre does not. Dubbed “fun and sexy” by Publisher’s Weekly, Beth specializes in writing Romantic Comedy with a Twist of Suspense and is published in contemporary, historical, and paranormal romantic fiction. “I can’t think of anything more fulfilling than writing stories where everyone (except the villai ...more
More about Beth Ciotta...

Evie Parish (3 books)
  • Everybody Loves Evie (Chameleon Chronicles, #2)
  • Evie Ever After (Chameleon Chronicles, #3)