Start by marking “Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, Vol. 2 (Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, #2)” as Want to Read:
Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, Vol. 2 (Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, #2)

Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, Vol. 2 (Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives #2)

4.28  ·  Rating Details ·  5,794 Ratings  ·  117 Reviews

Published September 23rd 2008 by Katherine Tegen Books

Sara
I realized I had read volume 1 of this manga, but not volume 2. I couldn't remember why, so I checked it out from the library.

Now I remember why. I should have checked my Goodreads review first.

This vampire story is okay. It's a teenage story - high school goth chick dates a vampire. He's perfect and gorgeous. But - there's all of his creepy cousins who are out to do really bad things.

I see I likened this to Twilight. And I didn't like Twilight.

Okay, if I can remember, I will not read volume 3.
Rebecca
When I read the first volume last year I could not wait to get my hands on volume 2. Fortunately, I was not disappointed.

Full of great illustrations this manga rocks. Sometimes I find the picture to be confusing for some graphic novels/manga but this one I actually found the picture to be good. I could clearly understand and see what was going on and that is what a good manga should be all about.

The story line was a good one. I enjoyed it because not only was there vampires but there was a littl
Rachelvalle
Feb 18, 2011 Rachelvalle rated it it was ok
* YOU DONT HAVE TO READ THIS ONE EVERYBODY!!!

Okay so Vampire Kisses II got even better! (When I was younger I loved it) Vampire Kisses got even lovinger and more dangourer as you read with V. I then with V. II! This is getting better with more action!
Dont have much to say, but when I was 13 years old with this book, it was a big hight to me and I fell in love with it.
When I was 13, (Now in 14) everything was unpashent. Number I and II were already out but I couldnt find V. III when i went ba
Kendyl
Nov 26, 2011 Kendyl rated it it was amazing
I had read the actual books when I was in middle school and enjoyed greatly, the humor and the creativity Ellen Schreiber had beautifully written into her imaginative works of art. When I noticed that there were graphic novels, I immidately started reading them and found that I liked them even better than the books. I loved the wonderful artwork and the story plot and encourage all Raven fans to join her on another humorous, heart pounding, romantic journey.
Alexandra
Claude is a great character! This one was longer and so exciting!
Jennifer Wardrip
Dec 03, 2008 Jennifer Wardrip rated it really liked it
Reviewed by Randstostipher "tallnlankyrn" Nguyen for TeensReadToo.com

Raven is back, along with her vampire boyfriend, Alexander, and trouble is still following them around town.

Alexander's cousin, Claude, along with his gang, is unfortunately continuing to grace them with their presence - and it is definitely not for good reasons. Raven is doing all she can to protect her family from these half-vampires, even resorting to the age old trick of garlic necklaces placed around the house.

But Raven
Debbie
Jul 08, 2008 Debbie rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: manga / Vampire Kisses fans
Second book in the manga version of Ellen Schreiber's Vampire Kisses series.

Raven and Alexander's love story translates exceptionally well to the manga format. I like that the manga books are a parallel series, rather than merely a retelling of the existing books. My only complaint is how short these books are in relation to the price.

Alexander's half-vampire cousin, Claude, is still in town. Claude and his naughty vampire gang are looking for the vials of blood that can turn them into pure vamp
Sereneblaze
Who says dating a vampire is easy? Raven's nocturnal romance with her immortal love, Alexander, is definitely dicey, but even more so with Alexander's meddling half-vamp cousin in town. Claude and his sketchy gang are on the hunt for a stash of blood-filled vials that can turn them into pure vampires. With an old family feud casting a shadow on the search, they'll do anything to get their hands on the vials. Raven and Alexander must swiftly mastermind a plan to outwit them, but will the very lur ...more
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
May 30, 2014 Nidah (SleepDreamWrite) rated it really liked it
I loved vol. 1 and Vol. 2 continues where the first left off where Raven and Alexander find out that 4 graves have been dug up and four new vampires arrive at Raven's school. In this book Claude and his gang are trying to find some vials that'll help him become a full fledged vampire and Alexander may have the answer. While Raven still thinks whether she is really happy not being a vampire while with Alexander. Its a really good series and the book series isn't bad either. Got to hand it to Rem ...more
Karin
Oct 25, 2008 Karin marked it as to-read
Raven is back for another adventure with the vampire love of her life, Alexander. Together they plot to keep Alexander’s cousin, Claude, from finding the blood vials he needs to turn into a full-blooded vampire.

If you haven’t read the actual books you’ll be missing some of the backstory. It would be best to start at the beginning and then read the graphic novels in order to get the whole picture. While this volume is longer than the first, it’s still not long enough. It is too hard to wait for t
Danielle (is trying to escape reality)
This is just such a uber cute and cuddly little manga. The 2nd volume picks up right where the first one left off, with the half vampires on a search for the vials of blood that will make them full vampires.
I adore the drawings and clothes in this manga. Everything is just adorable. It really makes it a pleasure to read. These are easy reads that only take 30 minutes or so to go through. I really recommend them to anyone who likes vampires, cuteness, and fun little mangas.
Cheyenne Rose
For a person who read the second installment of the book series, it is a little surprising that I read the second installment of the graphic novel series. But what can I say? The art was too much for me to ignore. The plot was pretty good but some of the characters' actions were on the 'aren't you smarter than this' side. Still that is a novel criticism than anything else and the book was still enjoyable.
Sep 21, 2012 Sarah rated it it was ok
Sometimes I have this weird habit of starting manga and graphic novels with the wrong volume. This time, I started with the second volume, but was quickly able to pick up what was going on in the story. While certainly interesting, the book didn't really grab my attention until about halfway through. Though not something I want to purchase, or re-read, I look forward to reading the rest of the story.
Krys

Vampire Kisses Blood Relatives Volume 2 by Ellen Schreiber... not a whole lot to say at this point. It's furthers the adventures of Alexander and Raven and Alexander's cousin Claude, and company. Claude is still seeking eternal life; complete Vampiredom. Raven and Alexander are trying to stop him.

That's pretty much it. The art's pretty. Yeah.

- review courtesy of www.bibliopunkkreads.com
Joy Waters
Aug 13, 2016 Joy Waters rated it liked it
Basically the whole book is about Alexander and Raven are trying to trick Claude and his gang so they can't find the blood vials, but since it's the second book you know they won't succeed. I didn't like the story line of this one so much. It was more of a filler kind of book. The reason I gave it 3 stars though was because of the art and because you got to see more characters.
Alexis
Jun 28, 2013 Alexis rated it it was amazing
I love, love, love all of these books. The graphic novels, the novels, but the movie doesn't look that good. The second volume is about Claude Sterling, Alexander's half-vampire cousin, and his gang of half-vampires are trying to get vials to become full vampire. But Alexander and Raven aren't about to let them have have the vials without a fight.
Bianca Singh
May 31, 2013 Bianca Singh rated it it was amazing
Raven and Alexander, my favorite couple!!!! In this book, Alexander cousin comes to town with his little crew consisting of a nerd, a jock, and alexanders ex girlfriend. They come to town trying to find something Alexander grandmother hid from them as a child that could turn them into a pure vampire. But Alexander and Raven wont let that happen.
Kiyuki Nagasaki
Jul 10, 2015 Kiyuki Nagasaki rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All
Recommended to Kiyuki by: No one
again i cannot state how much i love this series and the manga was a wonderful addition. The story line that was created delved even more into Alexanders past and made us realize how connected he was to his grandmother.
Jes
May 15, 2010 Jes rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: People that understand comic books
I only read this one, I didn't read the first one, so it was kind of confusing, but it was a comic book that my mom wanted me to test read and I liked it for the most part, but it was my first comic book...so I found it kind of confusing.
Samantha
Nov 19, 2016 Samantha rated it liked it
Shelves: in-classroom
Every vampire love story has the eventual question of whether to turn the main love interest or not. They sort of address it here. I say sort of because Alexander says no but they don't actually discuss what will happen for their future either.
ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ
Sep 29, 2008 ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ rated it it was amazing
Claude is in Dullsville and he is looking 4 vials that can make him full vampire. Will he be able 2 get them?
Alexander is worried about Raven's safety, but she thinks she can handle a few half vampires.
Naomi
Nov 24, 2008 Naomi rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
A great second volume, once again left off at a good point. I love her outfits, I want them all. I would wear all of them to school too! This one is funny at the beginning, and I found out more about Alexander's past
Jenny
Mar 08, 2008 Jenny rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya, paranormal
I like the book series but the graphic novel series is kind of hooky. Alexander has cheesy dialogue and Raven seems to have weird outbursts. Neither of those things are in the book series. If it wasn't for the book series I wouldn't read the graphic novel series.
Maria
Feb 09, 2014 Maria rated it it was amazing
Ellen Schreiber has done it again a funny ha ha, laugh out loud kind of book. I recommend anyone looking for light reading this is your book. Great story with that young love you find yourself routing for them. We all have been there so you'll see.
Kai
Oct 08, 2012 Kai rated it really liked it
Shelves: my-favorite
As soon as I got my hands reading to this volume I got way intense focus on the story and Alexander's cousin, Claude and his gang. Seeing Trevor in this volume I still despise the guy til the moment he appeared in the first novel.

Again the artist outdone herself well.
Kathy
I liked the series better than the graphic novels but I really loved the art, I thought Rem did a great job.
Jj
Apr 20, 2012 Jj rated it it was amazing
Shelves: april-books-list
I am absolutely in love with Vampire Kiss. I wish it was more then 3 books in the series. It is interesting and very PG13 for teenagers. Lol. But the series is great!!!! I can't wait to read book 3.
Kassandra
Jun 06, 2011 Kassandra rated it it was amazing
The illustrations in this manga are still beautiful and the story is great. It continues where the last book left off. I can never get enough of these mangas.
Alicia
Sep 09, 2009 Alicia rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, vampires
I love how this graphioc novel series has it own storyline and doesnt just copy from the orignal books. I dont read many graphic novels but really enjoy these
Lanae Oquin
Nov 29, 2012 Lanae Oquin rated it it was amazing
this girl named raven lives in dules ville and she has a boyfriend named alexande and jis brother came to town and turned her
  • Chibi Vampire, Vol. 02
  • Vampire Knight, Vol. 3 (Vampire Knight, #3)
  • Black Bird, Vol. 02 (Black Bird, #2)
  • Kingdom Hearts II, Vol. 1
  • Bloody Kiss, Vol. 02
  • Challenge (Wicked Lovely: Desert Tales, #2)
  • Alice in the Country of Hearts, Vol. 03 (Alice in the Country of Hearts, #3)
  • Kill Me, Kiss Me Volume 1 (Kill Me, Kiss Me, #1)
  • Millennium Snow, Vol. 2 (Millennium Snow, #2)
Before I took pen to paper, I was an actress. I attended a local university majoring in theatre and spent a summer in London at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts where I learned about the “Old Bard” from amazingly talented teachers.

When I returned from London, I relocated to Chicago where I lived for five years. There, I graduated from the Second City Training Center and performed improv, Shakes
More about Ellen Schreiber...

Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives (3 books)
  • Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, Vol. 1 (Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, #1)
  • Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, Vol. 3 (Vampire Kisses: Blood Relatives, #3)