Start by marking “Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Watcher's Guide, Volume 2” as Want to Read:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Watcher's Guide, Volume 2

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Watcher's Guide, Volume 2 (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Watcher's Guide #2)

4.15  ·  Rating Details ·  1,527 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
"I'm the Slayer. Slay-er. Chosen One? She who hangs out a lot in cemeteries?
Ask around. Look it up: 'Slayer comma The.'"
" -- Buffy, "Doomed"" As long as there have been vampires, there has been the Slayer. One girl in all the world, to find them where they gather and to stop the spread of their evil and the swell of their numbers.

Dig into it: all--new character profiles,
Published November 1st 2000 by Pocket Books (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Buffy the Vampire Slayer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Jo Woolfardis | Infinite Variety Books
The Watcher's Guide, Volume Two concerns series 3-4 of the show. It's a great accompaniment that gives you more information about the characters and monsters that feature in the episode, as well as background and in-depth synopsis' of each episode.

It's set out in a decent logical order which makes it very easy to dip in and out of. Whilst the photographs are in black and white in general, there is an insert with some promos and behind-the-scenes photographs which adds to the occasion.

For any Buf
j
Sep 05, 2010 j rated it really liked it
Hey, the shot on the cover is Season Two Buffy. REFUND!
Kirsty McCracken
Dec 30, 2016 Kirsty McCracken rated it liked it
Would've been a 4* had the pictures all been in colour. As it's an official companion that bothered me some. But it's a 3.5* from me anyways.
Brittany
Jan 20, 2010 Brittany rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Buffy
How I Came To Read This Book: I was an avid Buffy fan and naturally picked up all 3 volumes of the Watcher’s Guide.

The Plot: Again, the concept is to take a ton of information about Buffy and lump it into one book. Aside from the critical inclusion of an episode guide for seasons 3 & 4 with behind-the-scenes factoids, this time the book basically doubled itself in length with the inclusion of a massive behind-the-scenes undertaking that looks at all of the elements that go into making an epi
Larry McCloskey
Aug 22, 2010 Larry McCloskey rated it really liked it
Picking up where the first Watcher's Guide left off and detailing seasons three and four of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", Volume 2 has the same sort of inside look at the series as the first but also adds more, making it not only as must read for Buffy fans, but a nice resource for anyone interested in a behind the scenes look at the television world.

Here again are character profiles, interviews with the cast and a thorough guide of the episodes. But with the second volume, they add discussions wi
Conan Tigard
Nov 15, 2015 Conan Tigard rated it really liked it
This is a large book that you just can't breeze through. There is so much information in The Watcher's Guide: Volume 2 that you could be reading this book for months. There are a lot of things that are also included in this book that I have not mentioned; you will have to pick it up to find out about these golden nuggets.

If you love Buffy the Vampire Slayer this is a book that you cannot be without. Personally, it is one of my favorite shows, and I had a great time perusing this books. This boo
Cara
I didn't like this Watcher's Guide as much as the first one - about a third of the book was interviews. Sorry, but I don't want to read interviews.
The pictures were great and I loved the background info for the episodes. The quotes are some of my favorites, because the things they say truly make up the show - both hilarious and memorable.
The song list was awesome!
Jdetrick
This isn't what I want in a book that's looking at a series as complex as Buffy. This book looks at the episodes very superficially, with pictures and quotes, but without really looking at what the episodes mean. However, it is packed full of interviews with everyone that worked on the show in these seasons, and if that's the sort of thing you like, this book has it in spades.
Daniel
May 31, 2010 Daniel rated it really liked it
Shelves: whedonverse
A fantastic entry into the Watcher's Guide series, Nancy Holder provides interesting tidbits, anecdotes, interviews with cast and crew members, and full-paged color photos. Recommended for Buffy fans.
Leonie
Jul 12, 2014 Leonie rated it it was amazing
Someone gave this to me years ago. I'm a massive Buffy fan so can't rate this anything other than perfect score but in reality it is just a blow by blow account of each episode from Season 2 plus a song list and some other bits and bobs.
Tasha hastings
May 24, 2016 Tasha hastings rated it it was amazing
This book is perfect for Buffy fans, it has everything you could want, episode synopsis, fun facts, actors biographies etc
Aysu
Jun 25, 2014 Aysu marked it as to-read
Abi her türlü ergen zımbırtısı çevrildi de neden vampirin anası olan Buffy ile ilgili bi kitap yok piyasada? Ro yayinlari mi ne çevirmiş o da tükenmis hiçbir yerde bulunamıyor.
Sarah Pierce
Jan 03, 2009 Sarah Pierce rated it liked it
Yup, another Buffy geek book. I learned a lot of interesting facts about the show. They pretty much examine every aspect of Buffy, if you are into that sort of thing. I am.
Maria
Maria rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2012
Nicola
Nicola rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2010
Nasser JABER
Nasser JABER rated it it was amazing
May 05, 2015
Stephen Dennison
Stephen Dennison rated it really liked it
Dec 08, 2013
Olyn
Olyn rated it really liked it
Feb 18, 2013
Ali
Ali rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2014
S
S rated it it was ok
Mar 13, 2011
Dessa
Dessa rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2013
Farce Totum
Farce Totum rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2015
Lina-Marie Catto
Lina-Marie Catto rated it really liked it
Mar 05, 2015
Mike
Mike rated it it was ok
Jan 25, 2013
Meredith
Meredith rated it liked it
Feb 25, 2011
Melanie
Melanie rated it liked it
Dec 26, 2014
Asmaa Gomaa
Asmaa Gomaa rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2014
Simon Sayers
Simon Sayers rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2012
Lisa Mandina
Lisa Mandina rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2008
Alice
Alice rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2014
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Watcher's Guide, Volume 1
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Watcher's Guide, Volume 3
  • Reading the Vampire Slayer: The Complete, Unofficial Guide to 'Buffy' and 'Angel'
  • The Complete Slayer: An unoffical and unauthorised guide to every episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
  • Buffy The Vampire Slayer: The Script Book "Once More With Feeling"
  • Buffy Chronicles : The Unofficial  Companion to Buffy the Vampire Slayer
  • Return to Chaos (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #17)
  • Slayer Slang: A Buffy the Vampire Slayer Lexicon
  • What Would Buffy Do? The Vampire Slayer as Spiritual Guide
  • The Faith Trials (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Novelizations, #10)
  • Deep Water (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #21)
  • Chaos Bleeds (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 5, #7)
Nancy Holder, New York Times Bestselling author of the WICKED Series, has just published CRUSADE - the first book in a new vampire series cowritten with Debbie Viguie. The last book her her Possession series is set to release in March 2011.

Nancy was born in Los Altos, California, and her family settled for a time in Walnut Creek. Her father, who taught at Stanford, joined the navy and the family t
More about Nancy Holder...

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Watcher's Guide (4 books)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Watcher's Guide, Volume 1