Start by marking “Marvel Zombies: Dead Days” as Want to Read:
Marvel Zombies: Dead Days

Marvel Zombies: Dead Days (Marvel Zombies #2)

3.75  ·  Rating Details ·  1,179 Ratings  ·  51 Reviews
At last - experience the birth of the Marvel Zombies as told by the creative team of the best-selling limited series, and then witness their rise as they attempt to slake their hunger across two universes! First, Kirkman and Phillips pull out all the stops as they reveal the secret story of the day the Marvel Heroes became brain-eating monsters in Marvel Zombies: Dead Days ...more
Published April 30th 2008 by Marvel (first published May 9th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Marvel Zombies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marvel Zombies

World War Z by Max BrooksThe Zombie Survival Guide by Max BrooksThe Walking Dead, Vol. 01 by Robert KirkmanFeed by Mira GrantPride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith
Zombies!
1,432 books — 3,999 voters
Watchmen by Alan MooreThe Complete Maus by Art SpiegelmanV for Vendetta by Alan MooreThe Sandman, Vol. 1 by Neil GaimanBatman by Frank Miller
Required Reading Graphic Novels
834 books — 1,629 voters

More lists with this book...

Sam
May 31, 2010 Sam rated it it was amazing
If you want to go in order, THIS is the trade that you should start with. It's ripped from the pages of 'Ultimate Fantastic Four,' which if you don't know, is the 'real world' version of the FF that you've read all these years.

We're informed in this volume that this alternate reality is being threatened by our own, which is being overrun by an illness that has turned pretty much EVERY Marvel hero into a zombie. Creepy shit, especially when one Reed Richards tricks another to bring him into a zo
Feather Mista
Jan 11, 2011 Feather Mista rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Zombis genéricos
Recommended to Feather by: Rhockman
El otro día le puse cuatro estrellitas a Asterios Polyp porque me sorprendió lo interesante y anti-comercial que era la historia. Ahora le pongo el mismo puntaje a otro comic que tiene virtudes completamente opuestas a la de aquel, el monumento al pochoclo más divertido que haya leído en los últimos tiempos. Claro que alcanza ese puntaje en parte gracias a la megaedición española de lujo, que tiene el prólogo, los capítulos de Ultimate FF y la miniserie todo en uno y con los capítulos en orden c ...more
M
Jul 30, 2011 M rated it really liked it
A collection showcasing the before and immediate after of the Marvel Zombies, Dead Days answers a few questions while providing stomach-churning fun. The Ultimate Fantastic Four story arc - which introduced the flesh-eaters - is reproduced here, along with the one-shot detailing the initial spread of the virus.
Roger L
Dec 14, 2016 Roger L rated it it was amazing
SCREW CAP GO BAT
Zack! Empire
Aug 16, 2012 Zack! Empire rated it liked it
It’s a little different trying to write a review of this book compared to others because of the way it’s structured. It’s not unusual for a superhero book to have multiple writer and artist working on it, but in the case of this book its three different writer and artists teams working on three different stories. I thought the best way to review this book would be to talk about each section differently and then give an overall impression.
The first story is the actually one-shot comic Marvel Zo
Nathan Meadows
Mar 10, 2017 Nathan Meadows rated it really liked it
Very good value, lot of story here. Fills in many gaps from the the first two books, even though some of it is a prequel I recommend reading it AFTER Marvel Zombies 2.
Ray
Apr 03, 2009 Ray rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic_novels
A follow up to the original Marvel Zombies, this volume has three different stories in it:

1. Marvel Zombies origin story, from the original incident in Manhattan to the failure of this alternate Earth's last heroes on Nick Fury's Helicarrier. Very good story, though short.

2. Ultimate Fantastic Four 21-23 and 30-32, where the Zombie universe was first introduced. This is excellent, even though it's the alternate, modern retelling of the Fantastic Four. This storyline takes up most of the book.

(I
Shannon Appelcline
Jul 02, 2013 Shannon Appelcline rated it liked it
Shelves: comics, comics-marvel
Overall, a nice compilation of the earliest Zombie stories, but the quality of them is quite varied. The Dead Days special is more concerned about putting together the puzzle pieces of the infection than telling a particularly interesting story [5/10]. The original zombie storyline from Ultimate Fantastic Four #21-23 is not just original but shocking and it has great art too [8/10]. "Frightful" (FF #27-32) is a nice followup, with good excitement [7/10]. The Black Panther story reads like it was ...more
Jane
Mar 01, 2012 Jane rated it liked it
Read this to get over a complete turkey of a book that I've just read... Marvel will fix the void... art and a decent story.. and one with zombies even better! Naturally ploughed through this and it was just the ticket.

The cover art (and the individual comic covers inside) are so gruesome and well done and the story is good despite being heavily based around the Fantastic Four who don't really do much for me! Definitely good for a Marvel enduced distraction but perhaps not one of the better stor
Aaron
Nov 08, 2010 Aaron rated it really liked it
I had a blast reading this stupid thing. It's not thoroughly original or emotional or groundbreaking; it's just pure fun. The Ultimate Fantastic Four stories by Millar are the standouts, doing a great job of capturing the creepiness and camp of zombie superheroes. The Black Panther storyline is utterly ridiculous, and coming into it without any prior knowledge of the leadup stories left me feeling a little confused at first, but then it's a bunch of cosmically-powered zombies eating an entire pl ...more
The Fizza
Feb 12, 2016 The Fizza rated it it was ok
* Marvel Zombies: Dead Days - ★★★★ Nicely done!
* Ultimate Fantastic Four #21-23 & #30-32 - Negative ★ These were done by Mark Millar (and some artist who thinks every woman in comics looks like the EXACT same supermodel) I really wasn't expecting it to be good but I had hoped the writing wouldn't be as awful as it was - Too Bad.
* Black Panther #28-30 - ★★★ This was an interesting idea.

Averaging ★★
Alvin Ian
Dec 09, 2016 Alvin Ian rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the art and colors of 'Dead Days' but the art of 'Crossover' and 'Frightful Four' is a delicious treat to the eyes. Of course, Robert Kirkman is a master but I love the treatment of Mark Millar to the zombie thing. (I do not read many FF stories but I like the Dr. Doom as a master mage, too.)

I like this volume a lot than Zombie Marvel vol. 1. (but I think the first volume could be improve with the 'Dead Days' story in it.)

I think it's a superb zombie literature to me.
Scott
Aug 22, 2008 Scott rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi, comics, horror, zombies
This collection answered some of the questions I still had after reading Marvel Zombies and Marvel Zombies 2. There are still some questions remaining, though, like how the whole zombie infection started in the first place.

Maybe if I were more current on reading comics, I'd know more, but I tend to just read TPB collections these days.
Timo
Dec 11, 2016 Timo rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Funnily.... the weakest point in this collection is the the Kirkman written Marvel Zombiest story itself. Hastily drawn, weakly written. But then there is bunch of episodes from the Millar written Ultimate Fantastic Four. I had totally forgotten how good those stories are. Fun and fast with incredible art. Really good stuff.
Loren Toddy
Feb 09, 2009 Loren Toddy rated it really liked it
Wow, a very worthy follow up to the first book finally. It not only progressed the story established in the first book but it also had something to add to it. Plus, we are are treated to a great insight into how this universe became infected with zombies in the first place. A fun and cool book to read.
Andrew Tatusko
Aug 09, 2010 Andrew Tatusko rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
insane. in most zombie tales, the appetite is so insatiable and the zombies are basically immortal that they design to eat every human. these are super powered, super charged zombies that ate galactus and have deisgns to eat not just entire planets, but the entire multi-verse! crazy. and you thought "lost" got a little confusing!
Holden Attradies
This is a pretty nice collection of three Marvel Zombies stories that have appeared in various comics and in one case on it's own (but not really big enough to stand alone as a trade). It's both a great read to fill in holes of the Marvel Zombie story AND a great book shelf piece to help you have the whole marvel zombies story on your shelf.
Sonic
Jul 31, 2011 Sonic rated it liked it
Holy Reprints Batman!

I think I have read the first two-thirds of this material three times already in three different books.
I'll admit the FF zombie material is excellent, but sheesh, have some self-respect Marvel!

The New-FF zombie/skrull material at the end was decent fun,
but the action was very hard to follow at times.
Zoli
Jul 19, 2011 Zoli rated it really liked it
And the story of the Marvel zombies continues... this volume contains both the prequel to how Iron Man, Wolverine and Co. turned into zombies, and the original Fantastic Four and Black Panther stories where they first appeared before they got their own mini series.
Robert Hudder
Nov 18, 2015 Robert Hudder rated it liked it
This is the collection that puts all the zombie material from the regular series together. I prefer the more focused series but this does have some fun stuff. I'm not sure it added to my enjoyment overall of the concept.
VAle
preso in biblioteca

L'ho trovato abbastanza inutile...
Oltretutto non ho capito perchè hanno deciso di pubblicare le due storie contenute nel volume in ordine contrario: la prima è la continazione della seconda!
Mah...
Sean Brennan
Jul 11, 2013 Sean Brennan rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
As this edition is made up of stories from three different Marvel Universe's I imagine it can be a little confusing to the casual reader. The quality of the stories range from exceptional(Frightful) to very poor(Dead Days) and with the injection of the Black Panther story just plain confusing!
Malapata
Feb 08, 2016 Malapata rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comic
¿Juntar superhéroes con zombies? O, más bien, ¿convertir en zombies a los superhéroes? Tenía una pinta horrorosa, y sin embargo Kirkman (tenía que ser él) sale bien parado del experimento. No quedará en la historia del cómic, pero es entretenido.
Cassandra
Jan 07, 2016 Cassandra rated it liked it
Overall horrified, on a deeper psycho-emotional level, seeing paragons of Marvel heroism, reduced to sociopathic consumptive organisms...although Spiderman seemed pretty angsty about it all :D
Really enjoyed despite being horrified.
Ed Pope
Sep 07, 2015 Ed Pope rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novel, zombie
The idea of a "good" Magneto and a demented Reed Richards had me hooked. Great story.
Chad
Jun 22, 2009 Chad rated it really liked it
What if Marvel characters all became zombies. 'Nuff said. If that sounds interesting to you, then pick this up.
Beau Johnston
Mar 06, 2014 Beau Johnston rated it it was amazing
Reed Richards Vs Reed Richards; it's enough to do your head in. And it doesn't matter where you are, Dr Doom is still a jerk.
Apr 01, 2012 Jennifer rated it liked it
3.5 rating. I enjoyed Dead Days, but not as much as I liked the other books in the series.
Marie
  • The Gospel of the Living Dead: George Romero's Visions of Hell on Earth
  • After Twilight: Walking with the Dead
  • Zombies Christmas Carol
  • Roses of Blood on Barbwire Vines
  • The Last Zombie: Dead New World (The Last Zombie, #1)
  • Zombie Movies: The Ultimate Guide
  • Siege Prelude
  • Zombies Hate Stuff
  • Civil War: Fantastic Four
More about Robert Kirkman...

Marvel Zombies (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Marvel Zombies vs. Army of Darkness
  • Marvel Zombies
  • Black Panther: Four The Hard Way (Black Panther)
  • Marvel Zombies 2