Chaos Bleeds (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 5, #7)

Chaos Bleeds (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 5 #7)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  903 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Favourite villain Ethan Rayne is back in town -- along with the ancient evil known only as The First.
Paperback, First edition, 324 pages
Published August 2003 by Pocket Books

To ask other readers questions about Chaos Bleeds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chaos Bleeds

Robert
The game was pretty fun, but I've learned that game novelizations can sometimes be better than the game itself... So far that's not the case here. It's boring to read page after page of action. So far there's not enough fun or character moments.
Jeff
While I quite enjoyed playing the game of Chaos Bleeds, I found the book to be quite lacking. Obviously books and movies based off of video games are often cheesy, lack true plot development, and have two (if not one) dimensional characters. What bothered me with this book was the fact that the author was working with such a well established set of characters and had the potential to go so much further with it. First off, the beginning dragged. Too much time was set up in Sunnydale, making the "...more
Janet Morris
I understand that this book was based on a game, so I want to give it some credit for not being amazingly bad, but it wasn't actually very good. It was tolerable.

The storyline could have been better developed. Again, I understand this was based on a game, but that doesn't mean it has to only go by what happens in the game. The author could have gotten a little more creative with it.

There were points where the story was confusing and complicated in the beginning, but it got too rushed towards the...more
Chris Lemmerman
Not a bad book, but suffers from a terrible pacing problem, dealing with Kakistos instead of the actual threat for 200 pages, leaving 100 to condense half of the video game into one chapter, and the final battle into three or four pages. Plus the author has some strange fixation with referring to all of the characters by their full names, which gets a bit grating.

I did enjoy the Willow commentary however, with some very good links to her downward spiral in Season 6, and Spike's inner monologue i...more
Bear
Nov 02, 2009 Bear rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Buffy Holics
This book was actually an aawesome enterpretation of the video game, which is not an easy accomplishment. It was gory, far more so than the game, but it was worth it.
Bringing the Buffy-verse alive in print is not easy, and yet the author did just that!
Luke
Jun 25, 2012 Luke rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: buffy
I have played the video game, which this book is based on, and I love the game. Like Tempted Champions, it has been a while since I'd read this, so I'll have to re-read it.
The 216
Made more sense than the game did.
bluetyson
isbn,original
Jo-ann
Jo-ann marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Boukje Koop
Boukje Koop marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Allison Barr
Allison Barr marked it as to-read
Jul 29, 2014
Andrew Davis
Andrew Davis marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Christina Missweit
Christina Missweit marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Mary Mccary
Mary Mccary marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2014
  • Crossings (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 5, #5)
  • Resurrecting Ravana (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #13)
  • Deep Water (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #21)
  • Tempted Champions (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 5, #3)
  • Return to Chaos (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #17)
  • Ghoul Trouble (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #4)
  • Blood and Fog (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 7-8, #6)
  • Power of Persuasion (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #12)
  • The Faith Trials (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Novelizations, #10)
  • The Wisdom of War (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 5, #2)
  • Apocalypse Memories (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 7-8, #2)
  • Obsidian Fate (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #20)
  • Little Things (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 5, #4)
  • Mortal Fear (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 7-8, #3)
  • Here Be Monsters (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #22)
James A. Moore is the award winning author of over twenty novels, thrillers, dark fantasy and horror alike, including the critically acclaimed Fireworks, Under The Overtree, Blood Red, the Serenity Falls trilogy (featuring his recurring anti-hero, Jonathan Crowley) and his most recent novels, Blind Shdows, Homestead and the soon to be released Seven Forges. He has also recently ventured into the r...more
More about James A. Moore...
Subject Seven (Subject Seven, #1) Seven Forges (Seven Forges, #1) Writ in Blood (Serenity Falls, #1) The Pack (Serenity Falls, #2) Dark Carnival (Serenity Falls, #3)