Start by marking “Night of the Living Rerun (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 1, #2)” as Want to Read:
Night of the Living Rerun (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 1, #2)

Night of the Living Rerun (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 1 #2)

3.82  ·  Rating Details ·  1,179 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Another adventure featuring Buffy Summers, the undercover vampire slayer.
Published March 1st 1998 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about Night of the Living Rerun, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night of the Living Rerun

Alejandro
Jun 10, 2016 Alejandro rated it really liked it
In every generation there is only one Slayer!

SHE IS THE SLAYER!

Aah! The good old days of Season One!

Before the appearance of characters like Kendra, Faith, etc... and that awesome quote starting to lose some bit of its strength.

Hey, don't misunderstand me!

I love Faith! And I like a lot Kendra. And so on.

But the thrilling feeling of that Buffy was the Chosen One, the only with the power of The Slayer was indeed an awesome impact.

I am not afraid of the darkness. The darkness is afraid of
faeriemyst
Utterly terrible, boring, and cliche. The plot involves the Salem Witch Trials, reincarnation, and zombies, which I'm not saying can't work, it just didn't with this one. Not one thing or person in this book bore any resemblance to those in the series, other than using the same names, and the dialogue was beyond awkward. I'm not even sure the author ever saw the show. Everything was so cardboard. No, I'm wrong, it was far worse than that, more like cardboard that had been out in a torrential dow ...more
Sati Marie Frost
I have no idea what happened in this book.

Part of this is because I read it late at night, but if I'd been reading in the daytime while fully awake, I'm still not sure I would know. The main plot seems to follow Buffy as she battles a plan of The Master's to rise again, which happened not only on The Harvest, but also back in Salem during the witch trials. Buffy's channelling / dreaming about / is the reincarnation of 15th Century Slayer Samantha Kane, who stopped The Master back in the Puritan
Desiree *~*~* LiveReadCollect
3 stars.

Overall this was better than Halloween Rain but not as good as Coyote Moon (both season 1 set novels).

I really enjoyed the reincarnation aspect, it was something that I liked in the movie (even though I didn't like that each one looked like Kristy Swanson) and wished there had been something like that, at least a little bit, in the show. I also liked that (view spoiler)
Jonathan Currinn
Jun 18, 2013 Jonathan Currinn rated it liked it
Well this took its time to finally get around to me, but I was eager to read a light-read for a change and it definitely was one of them, since I finished it in the day I started reading it.

It was catchy, interesting and took me back to the Buffy universe I love so much. Which reminds me that I need to get series three box set soon!

This story was a great read, and it entertained me a lot at the beginning, especially with the dreams that take you back to Salem witch trials 300 years ago.

However a
Sarah Crawford
Feb 03, 2016 Sarah Crawford rated it really liked it
This is another new Buffy story and not one based on a TV episode. This one is about various people from the time of the Salem Witchcraft trials and how they end up causing Buffy and her friends trouble in the present.

Although the story is kinda short it is still very complex. There is a lot of shifting between the past and the present. There is also an interesting plot involving the Master. There's a lot of action in this story. I think it would have made a very good television episode. Actuall
Seth Tucker
May 10, 2015 Seth Tucker rated it it was ok
This book starts out just fine with the Master as the villain, and Buffy having dreams where she is a previous Slayer. Then it gets a little convoluted with reincarnation, the Salem Witch Trials, and zombies for some reason that isn't ever made clear. My least favorite Buffy book to date.
Amanda  Rae
Jun 26, 2015 Amanda Rae rated it liked it
Bit long in the tooth and a little strange in its continuity - the timing I believe is between S1 and S2. Some great character moments, some not so great but a good back story with lots of imaginative flare. Enjoyable.
Tiffany
Nov 07, 2015 Tiffany rated it did not like it
I much prefer the television series to the books, it seems. Not even 10 pages in and a month or more passes by? It just wasn't very interesting at all, and I don't think I'll be reading any more of the series.
Treena Beavers
Aug 04, 2016 Treena Beavers rated it liked it
Re-Reading my vast collection of books this was a fun short read.
Nice to be back with the original Scooby Gang.
The Innocent & quirky Willow was always the better character in my opinion :)
Twilightlover
Jun 21, 2016 Twilightlover rated it it was amazing
I watched the tv show and I didn't feel like reading the book but here is a review on partially the tv series
Randy Holmberg
Mar 09, 2014 Randy Holmberg rated it did not like it
By far my least favorite Buffy book. It attempts to connect Buffy and the scoobies to the Salem witch trials. Very choppy plot, bounced around a lot. Wouldn't recommend to Buffy fans...or anyone.
Ellie
Feb 27, 2015 Ellie rated it did not like it
Awful, boring and the characters are nothing like the characters from the show, would not recommend to anyone
Adriane
Sep 24, 2012 Adriane rated it really liked it

I actually liked this one more than Coyote Moon. Which I know puts me in the minority but that's the way it is. Again the writing is definitely directed at a younger audience. The characters lack any of the development they get during the course of the show,but this is unsurprising since this book was written during the first season. I definitely enjoyed reading it and I'm glad it's part of the Buffy anthology I'm reading.
Sep 12, 2011 Laura rated it did not like it
This book, Im sorry to say, was terrible. It was so boring and so cliché! This book was about Buffy and her friends battling with evil forces that somehow connect with the bad dreams that they have been having and also the Salem witch trials. This story did Not flow! it was like "she did this and then she done that etc. etc.
Im sorry for such a short review but there is just nothing nice to say about this book at all!
Sarah Sammis
Oct 04, 2008 Sarah Sammis rated it liked it
October 10, 2003: I've finished reading all the books. This last one did not captivate me the way the other three did. The Salem Witch trials for this genre are cliche. While the plot was more complex than the previous 3 books, I think Giles and Xander, especially were written too out of character to maintain my suspension of disbelief. I kept stopping to think to myself: that's not how so and so would act!
Kabuto
Jun 10, 2013 Kabuto rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
Though I've given this book the same rating as Coyote Moon, I did think this one was slightly weaker sadly. It goes for a bigger and more grandiose plot but it loses a lot of coherency and I wasn't really sure what was going on near the end. Again, good characterisation and there are some nice ideas with the whole dreams and spiritual embodiment themes. A good idea but it lost a little in its execution
Alex
Nov 18, 2013 Alex rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Another so-so book, but something about this one just seemed even less enjoyable. The possession story line was really kind of dull. Cordelia got about three lines worth of appearance. Angel was not there at all. I know these are early stories, but I really wish they had made more of an effort with the cast of the show.

{read 14/11/2013-18/11/2013}
King Possum
May 21, 2014 King Possum rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: young teens learning to read
Recommended to King Possum by: BUFFY
apparently some of the scooby gang now say ciao, which kind of took me out of the book. come on people when writing a BUFFY book try and keep the people talking like they would in the show. a decent book and I did get into it but "ciao."
Nikki
Jan 20, 2015 Nikki rated it it was ok
Shelves: series
It was kind of interesting... but definitely read like fanfic. A lot of the exposition seemed clumsy with some heavy edutainment qualities and there were plenty of moments that people were out of character, but it was still nifty.
Robyn
Feb 04, 2013 Robyn rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-star, 2013
3.5, actually. Not a masterpiece by any means. Cheesy, but fun. Raised some interesting questions about free will/destiny. Also, tossed Willow/Xander shippers a bone without affecting the continuity of the show.
Gabriel Mero
Jul 23, 2011 Gabriel Mero rated it it was amazing
Buffy and the gang must stop a ritual that would allow the Master to walk the Earth once more. Filled with tons of witty dialogue that you could picture coming straight from the show, this is an awesome book.
Angela
Apr 14, 2010 Angela rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: vampire, demons
I didn't really like the story, it was a bit disjointed, and I didn't quite buy the characters. I did like this quote though "There is a bit of the devil in us all" pg. 177
Christy
I. couldn't get into this book. love Buffy, but the story line was just too bland for me. the possession of people into all their bodies from bk in Salem witch days
Ronald Wilcox
Jan 23, 2013 Ronald Wilcox rated it liked it
Shelves: horror
Definitely a book meant for fans of the show. Decent story, decently written. Nothing very memorable about it though.
Barbara
I think I liked it and I think I read it. But it's been awhile. So the details are fussy. It is what it is.
Caitlynn
Nov 28, 2013 Caitlynn rated it liked it
Although i liked the ending I found most of the story confusing and boring.
Jes
Sep 07, 2008 Jes rated it it was ok
I read this a long time ago... I'm a big Buffy fan. It's alright.
Jane
Oct 16, 2012 Jane rated it really liked it
Another fun novel from the Buffyverse - this one involving zombies!
Ashley Perez
Apr 12, 2014 Ashley Perez rated it it was amazing
Love it! Reliving my childhood!
  • Halloween Rain (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 1, #1)
  • Coyote Moon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 1, #3)
  • Visitors (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #18)
  • The Harvest (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Novelizations, #2)
  • Power of Persuasion (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #12)
  • The Xander Years, Vol. 1 (The Xander Years, #1)
  • Here Be Monsters (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #22)
  • How I Survived My Summer Vacation (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 1, #4)
  • The Willow Files, Vol. 1 (The Willow Files, #1)
  • Unnatural Selection (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #19)
  • Return to Chaos (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #17)
  • Prime Evil (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #10)
  • Resurrecting Ravana (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #13)
  • The Xander Years, Vol. 2 (The Xander Years, #2)
  • Ghoul Trouble (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #4)

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 1 (4 books)
  • Halloween Rain (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 1, #1)
  • Coyote Moon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 1, #3)
  • How I Survived My Summer Vacation (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 1, #4)

“Buffy caught an unexpected movement from the corner of her eye. She turned to see Xander/Sarah holding an object while he/she rushed toward the Master with murderous intentions. "No!" Buffy exclaimed. "Use a stake! Not a steak!"

Sarah stopped in fron of the grill and struck the Master several times on the chest and shoulders with the piece of meat.”
2 likes
“She reached down to help him stand. "Where did you learn that move?" he asked.

"From an old movie on TV," said Buffy proudly. "I think it starred somebody - Flynn, or maybe what's-his-name - Lancaster, I forget which. Are we done?"

"No, we must complete the session." He rubbed his back and groaned. "As difficult as that might prove to be."

"Okay! But don't say I didn't warn you - I've been watching a lot of old movies lately."

"I was afraid of that." Stiffly, Giles assumed a fighting position. "This is called a wombat stance-"

"Looks more like a drunken squirrel to me," Buffy giggled.”
1 likes