Start by marking “Escape from the Carnival of Horrors (Give Yourself Goosebumps, No 1)” as Want to Read:
Escape from the Carnival of Horrors (Give Yourself Goosebumps, No 1)

Escape from the Carnival of Horrors (Give Yourself Goosebumps #1)

3.70  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,754 Ratings  ·  46 Reviews
Visiting the fairgrounds site where an annual carnival is being set up, you and your friends are invited into a creepy main tent by the mysterious carnival manager, Big Al, and challenged to test out some of the bizarre rides.
Published October 18th 1996 by Scholastic Hippo (first published 1995)

Tonk82
La serie de libros "Pesadillas" me pilló ya bastante crecidito como para prestarle demasiada atención, aunque solía ver la serie de Tv. Fue un éxito enorme en los 90, con múltiples libros saliendo cada mes.

Como aficionado a los librojuegos, no he podido dejar pasar la ocasión de probar el primer libro de uno de sus spin offs "En busca de tus pesadillas", que sigue un poco la linea de "Elige tu propia aventura", con el toque de terror típico de la serie.

"La feria de los horrores" no está mal. Es
Socialbookshelves.com
This book is a little different, because it’s a ‘choose your own adventure‘ book – as a reader, you’re given multiple choices at the end of each section, and instructed to turn to the relevant page to make a choice. I always used to love these books as a kid, and in some ways I feel like it’s an under-appreciated genre.

Stine is the author of the Goosebumps series, and this is a part of it – as such, it’s filled with his trademark sense of humour and subtle, underlying horror. It’s a lot of fun f
Rita
Nov 29, 2015 Rita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I remember reading through all of the Goosebumps book as a kid in elementary school and loving them. Recently I find myself looking for the "Give Yourself Goosebumps" series whenever I am at a book sale or used book store, as they are out of print, but with no luck. Thankfully I came across some recently at a flea market and decided to pick this one up and take it home with me. I was worried that the writing would be overly cheesy and hardly as nerve-wracking as I remembered it as a kid and did ...more
David Santos
Jan 09, 2012 David Santos rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Right off the bat, there is something I don't like. The book isn;t in first person or third and I dont even know what second person is, but whatever this person is, needs to go away. The book makes you a character and has comments saying you did this, you said this, you did that. It gets really annoying.

However, I must applaud RL. This series takes a lot of creativity. For those that don't know. In this series you start off by reading the first page and second. then at the bottom of the pages i
Charles
Stuff I Read – Escape from the Carnival of Horrors by R L Stine Review

So I picked this up to read with my wife, because it seems like such a great idea to read a choose your own adventure aloud with booze involved. And I have the entire first series of Goosebumps and most of the Give Yourself Goosebumps line of books, of which this is the first. So indeed, some beer in hand, me and my wife decided to sit down and play through some endings. And I must say, this is not very good. I mean, as far as
Morgan Schurman
This was as you can see, a very easy read. I have loved Goosebumps since i was a kid. At one point i almost had them all. But i was too young to read them my self and my parents had decided that a yard sale might benefit more with them.

I'm not a huge fan of the give your self goosebumps. But i just like the book laid out for me. I dont want to pick my adventure. But because i was to collect all of them. I have read it. It was not my favorite.. BUT it probably wont be my last.
Connie
Sep 06, 2015 Connie rated it liked it
Source: I own this book.
Cost: Unknown

Title: Escape from the Carnival of Horrors
Series: Give Yourself Goosebumps #1
Author: RL Stine
Overall Rating: 3 stars

This book follows your adventure as you sneak into a closed Carnival and find out that maybe that wasn't a good idea. The endings were pretty decent.

Favourite ending: You get turned into a chicken
Yassin Guettat
Nov 18, 2015 Yassin Guettat rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i find this book amazing! it was actually the first book i wanted to read that i got as a gift from my girlfriend, the idea "choose the scare" made me want to try; try reading this book. so i started reading it, i got attached to it, i really advice you to read it. there is many cool choices in this book and nice endings! really loved this book; it's the book that made reading a hobby for me.
Janelle Dazzlepants
LOL I always used to die so I'd flip back a few pages and change the ending.

I loved RL Stine's books as a kid, and would enjoy being scared out of my brains by his endless array of scenarios. But now I read these books again and I'm like '@_@ THIS IS TOO SCARY' - it's funny how now that I'm older, I view these books as too scary for children. They were certainly nightmare-worthy, and while this one didn't affect me too badly, Slappy the Dummy tormented me in my sleep for YEARS. -_-"

RL Stine rea
Geraldine
Mar 18, 2013 Geraldine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: children, horror-lovers, young at hearts
I had read this book when I was 12 years old and it scared me a lot. It was one of my favorite books when I was still a kid (and I miss reading books like this).

On the first chapter of the book, like any coward kid, I also chose to go back home instead of joining my friend (in this book) in their adventure of trespassing the carnival, but it's really funny because it led me to the page that I supposed to change my mind and join Patty and Brad in their adventure. I died in this book, many times (
Natasha
Dec 13, 2014 Natasha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I used to love this book when I was a kid! My cousins & I would read it over & over! Brings back memories!
Josiah
Apr 14, 2009 Josiah rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A book that is both Goosebumps AND like a Choose Your Own Adventure? Now, this is my idea of a good time!
R.L. Stine shows himself to be a very capable writer of gamebooks in this initial effort, spinning several clever twists on the original Edward Packard/R.A. Montgomery idea that give a fresh new edge to the gamebook idea. The expanded length of the book (as compared to most Choose Your Own Adventure entries) makes for more prolonged storylines, and there are very many different story direct
Searska GreyRaven
May 13, 2015 Searska GreyRaven rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I failed. So much fail. I should never try to survive a haunted carnival. DX
Kavya agarwal
i think this book seriously is totally scary and it has given me GOOSEBUMPS
Louisa
Nov 04, 2014 Louisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Scared the shit out of me when I was in Year 3.
Katie K
Jan 24, 2016 Katie K rated it liked it
A great mystery/horror series geared at kids. Not too scary but enough to give you Goosebumps!
Sakthi
Oct 25, 2015 Sakthi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
suuuuuuuuuuuuper
Jordan Starr
I think the Goosebumps books in general are very engaging and fun for students to read, and I like that this one in particular includes multiple endings. It helps expand student's imaginations and allows their minds to run wild. Teachers could even have students predict their own endings and do a writing assignment about them. Other than that, I do think this book may be difficult to use as a required academic reading and may be better used as an option just for fun.
Deo
Dec 02, 2012 Deo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was great. It took me at least 10 tries to actually escape. I fought robots, ran into Slappy, went to a reptile petting zoo, played some fun games and spoke with a fortune teller. I honestly thought there was no way to escape after my 6th try. But lone and behold I finally managed to get away... all thanks to the Monster Blood of course. It is a great book with all kinds of different paths to choose from... very well done for the first in the series.
Ker Malkin
Oct 27, 2012 Ker Malkin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: horror
LOL. Refraining from any kind of adventures, I was leaning more toward the options which could possibly get me out from the Carnival as soon as possible. With succeeding lucks, I made it past the trials but somehow ended up in a very lame conclusion. Ha-ha. However, in my second try, I finally got away from the whole thing; which was better. So... yeah. Cool. xD
Carol Briseno
It was an O.K. book, I don't think i'd read it again if I were to be honest. I love the choosing your own destiny style of it but it's a kids book and doesn't lead to much interest for young adults like me. Cool story though and certainly creative.
Robert B. Miller
This book is a choose your own adventure book. I remember reading these types of books when I was younger and I really enjoyed them! There are 20 possible endings in this book. The stories are all short. I read this for Spring '08 semester.
Indah Threez Lestari
497th - 2011

Waduh... dibandingkan seri sejenis lain (pilih sendiri petualanganmu etc), maju-mundur di sini lebih bikin pusing.

Apalagi ada satu pilihan cerita yang tak bakal tamat-tamat...;)

- beli obral dari ibu kost -
Reeva
Nov 13, 2011 Reeva rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Very entertaining. I liked picking my own path. It made me nervous eveytime! I was so worried about dying lol, but I made it out alive my first time. Died a terrible death the second time. I liked it, but it wasn't super awesome. Just fun.
Lauren
Sep 17, 2012 Lauren rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
This book was scary enough at a young age to be fully entertaining as an adult as well. The story and concept is wonderful and R.L. Stine has a knack for being able to create a spooky atmosphere.
Rebecca
Dec 23, 2008 Rebecca rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childhood-books
Another great choose your own adventure from R. L. Stine. You get stuck in a haunted carnival and have only hours to escape before you get trapped there for all eternity.
E
Apr 21, 2013 E rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a kid, this was one of my favorite books. Great story, a nice touch of humor, and good scare if you're in elementary school. I enjoyed it then, but I wouldn't pick it up again.
Sarah Goode
I used to love reading choose your own adventure books when I was a kid. I enjoyed this one too. I flicked back and forward and read a few different stories :)
Alisha
Aug 01, 2013 Alisha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best thing about choose your own adventures is you never get the same ending ( unless you make exactly the same choice as last time of course lol)
  • The Animal Rebellion (Shivers, #4)
  • Night of the Living Dummy II (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #5)
  • The Girl Who Cried Monster (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #1)
  • Return of the Mummy (Goosebumps Presents TV Episode, #4)
  • Bruce Coville's Book of Ghosts: Tales to Haunt You
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps Presents TV Book, #15)
  • Alison Goes for the Gold (Magic Attic Club, #2)
  • Dawn's Big Date (The Baby-Sitters Club, #50)
  • The First Journey (Alternamorphs, #1)
  • Genies Don't Ride Bicycles (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #8)
  • Go Eat Worms! (Goosebumps Presents TV Book, #9)
  • Heather Takes the Reins (Magic Attic Club, #11)
  • The Third Planet from Altair (Choose Your Own Adventure, #7)

R. L. Stine b
More about R.L. Stine...

Give Yourself Goosebumps (1 - 10 of 42 books)
  • Tick Tock, You're Dead! (Give Yourself Goosebumps, # 2)
  • Trapped in Bat Wing Hall (Give Yourself Goosebumps, #3)
  • The Deadly Experiments of Dr. Eeek (Give Yourself Goosebumps, #4)
  • Night in Werewolf Woods (Give Yourself Goosebumps, #5)
  • Beware of the Purple Peanut Butter (Give Yourself Goosebumps, #6)
  • Under the Magician's Spell (Give Yourself Goosebumps, #7)
  • The Curse of the Creeping Coffin (Give Yourself Goosebumps, #8)
  • The Knight in Screaming Armor (Give Yourself Goosebumps, #9)
  • Diary of a Mad Mummy (Give Yourself Goosebumps, #10)
  • Deep in the Jungle of Doom (Give Yourself Goosebumps, #11)