Start by marking “Sand Chronicles, Vol. 4” as Want to Read:
Sand Chronicles, Vol. 4

Sand Chronicles, Vol. 4 (Sunadokei #4)

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  629 ratings  ·  25 reviews
Can the sands of time bury the pain of the past?

Ann and Daigo's LD (long-distance) relationship is put to the test as time goes by and they find themselves spending more and more time with their childhood friends--aristocratic brother and sister Fuji and Shika--than each other. Is it just due to proximity or are deeper feelings at play...?

Twelve-year-old Ann and her divor
Published January 6th 2009 by VIZ Media LLC (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Sand Chronicles, Vol. 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sand Chronicles, Vol. 4

Pandora Hearts, Vol. 07 by Jun MochizukiDeath Note, Vol. 1 by Tsugumi OhbaChobits, Vol. 05 by CLAMPBlack Butler, Vol. 06 by Yana TobosoA Bride's Story, Vol. 1 by Kaoru Mori
Best Manga Covers
320th out of 418 books — 105 voters
ワンピース [Wan Pīsu] 71 by Eiichiro OdaKingdom Hearts, Vol. 3 by Shiro AmanoMaid-sama! Vol. 01 by Hiro FujiwaraChobits, Vol. 03 by CLAMPChobits, Vol. 06 by CLAMP
Anime is for everyone
55th out of 100 books — 14 voters

More lists with this book...

Lesangdeslivres

La couverture est superbe, encore mieux que celles des tomes précédents. Les couleurs sont toujours aussi bien assorties et donnent encore envie de nous plonger dans son histoire.

Dès le début de ce tome, nous sommes à nouveau confrontés à la suite d’une fin assez angoissante et tragique.
Nous comprenons la dévotion de notre personnage principal malgré l’accord qu’elle à passé avec son petit ami. Nous comprenons surtout dans ce tome, que l’amitié à une place
Christina
Ann and Daigo's relationship is put even further to the test as tensions rise when Daigo finds out Ann had been secretly meeting with Fuji for three of the months he was missing. Not only that, but Ann has an outburst at Daigo in a fit of despair, putting them both in a place where one must think carefully before making a move from now on. With things so different, awkward, and the two so far apart, will Daigo be tempted to betray Ann when Shika makes her move?

This one was soo emotional, and I c
Kristen
One thing I really love about this series is that it truly captures the essence of a first love. Things happen, you fight, you feeling different but you don't understand why, and you fight and fight and hope and pray that it's going to last forever. Like most first loves, things probably won't stay true...but you still want things to work, even when you've both changed or said horrible things to each other.

Daigo and Ann are the epitome of a first love. It's refreshing to read and watch their lov
Sophia F
I loved this manga especially, because although Daigo and Ann's relationship issues weren't resolved, their discussions seemed to have become more reasonable. Daigo has straight out told Ann that she shouldn't cry so much, (which I've been saying the whole series), and they have decided to think hard about their relationship.
I still am rooting for Ann and Daigo to work out their complications, but the way this has been going it doesn't seem likely.
Fuji's part in this story was very interesting,
Mely
Feb 07, 2011 Mely marked it as read-seq-art
Shelves: manga, shojo
Laura Graves
When I began reading manga (which was only two months ago), I never expected to read something that was truly touching. I thought it would all be fun and cute. This series changes my mind completely about the type of manga I like. Sure, I enjoy reading funny manga like Special A or cute manga like Fruits Basket, but I enjoy reading manga with a realistic story line and deeper meaning much more. It’s just better that way. That’s what this series was for me and I can only hope I’ll find more like ...more
Alison (AlisonCanRead)
This volume is a mixture. You have normal teenage antics, love, sadness, anger, betrayal, and more. The volume starts of with Fuji's disappearance. He hasn't been seen in days, then weeks, then months. There's an undercurrent of worry. Then you have some innocent, fun playtime when Ann comes home for the holidays. The old group of friends get together for Christmas parties and even a failed attempt at dogsledding. It's a rare influx of levity and humor into the series.

Most of the volume focuses
Sébaste Gagné
I love all these characters so much. I feel like that girl in the Mean Girls movie who said: "I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy..." Be happy, wonderful characters! Be happy! 。゚(゚ノД゚)゚。
(I know it probably only get more depressing, but still..!)
Saif Al-Taee
An Emotional Roller coaster!

This manga series is upon one of the best that have ever been drawn. The story is so realistic to the point where you wonder if whats going on is going to happen to you. This is a story about a girl who falls in love with a boy, then the boy falls in love and then they think they will fall in love forever but..... *SPOILERS*

All I have to say is that this manga has LOVE, BETRAYAL, ADULT-STUFF, and DRAMATIC DRAMA!!

and I am not surprised that the author has won the 50th
Sorespeed
This book does not fail to reach attention of others. Its love story of Ann and Daigo fits perfectly together with the other volumes. The sad and happy love story is enough to make you get emotional about the characters life. It will make u have feelings for the characters.

I still recommend this book to people that enjoy love story manga's. This heart warming manga that will touch your heart. Its a nice story for anyone that enjoys this type of manga.

My final thought are perfect from my perspec
Rebecca
Another interesting addition. Would like to see where it goes from here.
Sarah Maddaford
In this volume, the issue of Fuji's love for Ann and Shika's feelings for Daigo finally come up. Daigo and Ann are having relationship troubles. Fuji finally contacts Ann and several interesting things happen. This book doesn't really go beyond kissing although there is a bit of innappropriate older guys in a gentlemen's club. They say some things and touch Ann's arm and leg, but other than that it is pretty clean of sex. There are a couple of punches and slaps and a few curses, but nothing too ...more
Ruth
Ashiahara's storytelling ability continues to improve as she draws the readers deeper and deeper into the emotions of her character. She's still no Yazawa Ai (in storytelling or art), but she's certainly coming into her own since her early series as well as the beginning of Sand Chronicles itself. The pacing of the volume was fluid and slow, and yet I found myself turning the pages rapidly, devouring each conversation and pluck on my heartstrings.
Ubalstecha
The story continues with Ann in Tokyo and Daigo back at home. The strains are starting to show in their relationship as each begins to move in a different direction. Fuji runs away from home, thinking he is the bastard child. Meanwhile, someone is showing very close is showing an interest in Daigo. I tend to like my Manga to have fights and explosions, but there is a bitter sweetness to this story that keeps me coming back.
Starbubbles
I picked this back up at the library, knowing perfectly well that it would be sad, but it always catches me off-guard. It's tough to really like any of the characters, but I never feel like I need to slap any of them. My "like" for this isn't at the 4 star level, but the story pulls you in, in a way that I just have to respect.
Caroline
Another thing I sort-of-own because of Shojo Beat Magazine!
Ann Uekusa is splitting her time between Shimane and Tokyo. But things are getting rough with her boyfriend Daigo and her best friends Shika and Fuji. Will she survive?
Lauren
I wasn't to impressed with this series. I really thought I would like it more but nothing about it impressed me very much. Overall the only thing that was good about this magna was the drawing style.
Zen Cho
But I liked Shika and Ann's friendship! D: Don't want it to go away! Don't toss away your female friends for the sake of d00dz, Shika. It ain't worth it.
Amy Gideon
This is the best installment so far. The writing captures the feelings of first loves, heartaches, and all the confusion surrounding these emotions.
Joy
May 20, 2009 Joy rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Joy by: Ysabet, Oyceter
Naufalin Muhtadi
Ashihara Hinako sangat lihai dalam membuat komik romance... Good Job Ashihara.!!
Sarah Evans
I love the unique pacing of the series which makes for more poignant storytelling.
Dylan
Apr 20, 2009 Dylan rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
This series is sad but in a good shojo manga way.
Jazz
Jul 17, 2010 Jazz rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
there's too much drama going on.
Ana
Great Book. Sad but still great
Bryce
Bryce added it
Jun 02, 2015
  • After School Nightmare, Volume 10
  • Otomen, Vol. 2 (Otomen, #2)
  • We Were There, Vol. 3
  • High School Debut, Vol. 09 (High School Debut, #9)
  • Monkey High!, Vol. 5
  • Honey Hunt, Vol. 2
  • Crimson Hero, Volume 10
  • Love*Com (Lovely*Complex), Volume 10
Debut with "Sono Hanashi okotowari shimasu" in 1994 on Bessatsu Shoujo Comics.

Genres
Shoujo(17) Romance(14) Drama(11) School Life(6) Slice of Life(5) Sports(2) Comedy(2) Historical(1) Mystery(1) Mature(1) Gender Bender(1)

Japanese name: 芦原 妃名子
More about Hinako Ashihara...

Sunadokei (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Sand Chronicles, Vol. 1 (Sand Chronicles, #1)
  • Sand Chronicles, Volume 2
  • Sand Chronicles, Volume 8
  • Sand Chronicles, Vol. 9
  • Sand Chronicles, Vol. 10
  • Sunadokei: Ashihara Hinako Irasutoshū
Sand Chronicles, Vol. 1 (Sand Chronicles, #1) Sand Chronicles, Volume 2 Sand Chronicles, Volume 3 Sand Chronicles, Volume 5 Forbidden Dance, Vol. 1

“Everyone has problems... Everyone faces challenges... Overcomes them one by one... And gets a little stronger each time...” 1 likes