Start by marking “Dark Lover & Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1-2)” as Want to Read:
Dark Lover & Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1-2)

Dark Lover & Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood #1 - 2)

4.68  ·  Rating Details ·  1,520 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Two novels in one hardcover edition.

Dark Lover, Book 1:The only purebred vampire left on earth, Wrath has a score to settle with the slayers who murdered his parents centuries ago. But, when one of his most trusted fighters is killed-leaving his half-breed daughter, Beth, unaware of his existence or her fate-Wrath must usher her into the world of the undead-a world of sens
Published 2006 by Rhapsody (Penguin Group) (first published 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Dark Lover & Lover Eternal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Lover & Lover Eternal

Sammy Loves Books
I just completed my buddy re-read and realized I never wrote a review for the book that started my love affair with paranormal romance. The Black Dagger Brotherhood series is my absolute favorite paranormal series.

Wrath
Wrath

This book focuses on Wrath, the Blind King, and Beth Randal. Beth is the daughter of Darius. Darius asks a favor of Wrath. He wants him to help Beth in her transition from human to vampire when she reaches maturity. Events force Wrath's hand into helping Beth, but he is unprepare
Mindy
Mar 12, 2017 Mindy rated it it was amazing
02/03/17 I just finished reading DL for the second time and it was as amazing as the first time. Although it was somewhat easier to follow seeing as I already know a lot of the story. Amazing characters and world development. Writing is awesome and the story plot is unique and intriguing. Love it! Off to read book 2 now.

02/06/17 This was my second time reading Lover Eternal and I love this book and the whole series. Rhage and Mary are an amazing pair and I can't wait to read what J. R. brings us
Edith Esmeralda
Dec 24, 2016 Edith Esmeralda rated it it was amazing
Wrath- Dark Lover

First re-read since I first started this series and it's still so incredible!! I love this book and series so much, it's such a powerful first novel in the series, and it just makes you want to keep reading. While this time around I did notice a few problems I had with it, I still totally love it nothing changed for me. Wrath is so swoon worthy, and Beth can't help but balance him out.
The introduction of the brothers did not give them justice in this first installment but it ca
Angel Ruess
I love this series! Deciding to reread it was one of the best choices I've ever made.

***Reread Review**

I forgot how much I love Wrath, and how many details we learn about him in his original story. To go back to the beginning and to see how far he has come is awesome. Wrath and Beth's story will always be one of my favorites.

I also forgot how much I love Hal, I mean Rhage. As of the time I am writing this The Beast is the latest book in the BDB with The Chosen coming out in April. So to go ba
Krystea
Apr 19, 2015 Krystea rated it it was amazing
ooooooooooooo this series is soooo amazing and if you want a roller coaster of a read BE MY GUEST AND READ THE BLACK DAGGER BROTHER HOOD BECAUSE IT SUCKS SO GOOD. i have never had my heart split in so many ways good and bad and the point of view from each book is different, my friend and i have been buddy reading this series and right after the second one we had to stop because of FEELS. its been a month and we still are not ready for book number 3. thats all i will say. its well written, well i ...more
Pandora Richardson
Jun 20, 2012 Pandora Richardson rated it it was amazing
On cloud 9! truly a wonderful love story. I'm so glad I read it. I was hooked after the first book, now I'm committed to the series . There's so much I want to say about this story but I don't want to spoil it. Know that if you love romantic stories that just happen to have vampires in them this is the story for you.
Karin
May 25, 2012 Karin rated it it was amazing
While this is strictly for adults, this series is amazing. It's very sexy and yet the stories are also really great reads. I have recommended this series to a few friends who have read it and just love it. It does involve vampires and their realm, but if you don't mind the sci-fi/fantasy aspect you'll love these books.
Amy
Nov 30, 2012 Amy rated it it was amazing
When I started this, I didn't think I was going to like it. The more I read, the more I couldn't put it down. I like that it was a different take on vampires. The second story got me though. I never thought I would get so involved with the characters! The strong bond between them was refreshing and I needed my kleenex a time or two. I can't wait to read the rest of them.
Diana Tejada
May 17, 2016 Diana Tejada rated it it was amazing
I've just started this phenomenal series because it was recommended to me by two book-loving friends! I am so glad that they did! Full of action, romance, bromance, suspense, STEAMY scenes and super-alpha male vampires it has something for everyone who has an interest in paranormal stories!!
Jodi Kuehl
Jun 22, 2013 Jodi Kuehl rated it really liked it
I have just finished book one of this series. I am not into fantasy romance but I read this at the urging of a friend. I did enjoy Wrath and Beth's story. I am interested to see what happens to the other Vamps.
Linda
Apr 13, 2015 Linda rated it it was amazing
I love the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. The characters are engaging and the stories are well written. I just finished re-reading them and they are just as good the second time through. There is a fair bit of violence and sexuality, but it is well written and moves the story along.
Holly Mitchell-brooker
Sep 23, 2012 Holly Mitchell-brooker rated it really liked it
Am really enjoying this series. The first one took me a little to get into, but then once I did, it was good. The next two are amazing. Love these warriors and their mates. They are filled with escapism, strong characters, action, suspense, romance, sex, (did I mention romance & sex?)
Lori Akins
Aug 03, 2011 Lori Akins rated it it was amazing
Unbelievable!!!! Totally addicted to BDB.
Beth
Dec 27, 2015 Beth rated it it was amazing
Love this series!! Reading them again.
DaNela
Jul 23, 2008 DaNela rated it it was amazing
*BIO*
Brandi
Jul 14, 2009 Brandi rated it it was amazing
Love these books! Must get the 3rd one!
Jori Kempe
Mar 31, 2016 Jori Kempe rated it it was amazing
I love this entire series
Meredith Tague
Apr 17, 2011 Meredith Tague rated it it was amazing
I can only find this on e-bay for over $300!
Mona
Jun 11, 2015 Mona rated it it was amazing
Heart-wrenching series.
Lindig
Jun 13, 2009 Lindig rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Ah, the power of LUV (and sex!)
Cynthia
Apr 20, 2013 Cynthia rated it it was amazing
I'm a fan of the BDB I cold read the books over and over and never get tired and would always find something new and unique the deeper I delve! Can't wait for the king and queens book in 2014!
Stephanie Rivera
Stephanie Rivera rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2017
Latanya
Latanya rated it it was amazing
Sep 16, 2012
Erin Oman
Erin Oman rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2012
Shannie
Shannie rated it it was amazing
Sep 02, 2014
Dani
Dani rated it really liked it
Apr 12, 2014
Tanya
Tanya rated it it was amazing
Apr 26, 2013
Lexie
Lexie rated it it was amazing
Dec 10, 2009
Colleen Michel
Colleen Michel rated it it was amazing
Feb 10, 2015
Twinuts Laronze
Twinuts Laronze rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2010
  • The Kategan Alphas Vol. 2 (Books 4-6)
  • Claimed (Demon's Mark, #5)
  • Demon Seed
  • Special Forces - Mercenaries Part I (Special Forces, #2 part 1)
  • Black Water
  • Her Billionaire, Her Wolf (Her Billionaire, Her Wolf, #1-4)
  • Hunger of the Wolf (Wolfen, #3)
  • Evenfall: Volume 2: Director's Cut (In the Company of Shadows, #1 part #2)
  • Into the Night (Vampire, #3-4)
  • Out of Control (The Sentinels, #0.5)
  • In His Arms
  • Vampire in Paradise (Deadly Angels, #5)
  • Salvation (Dark Elves #3)
  • Abiogenesis (Cyberevolution, #3)
  • Night Kill (Iris Oakley, #1)
  • Lost Star (Interstellar Service & Discipline, #0.5)
  • Breaking All the Rules: An Erotic Novella
  • The Horny Minotaur
20248
J.R. Ward is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of numerous novels, including the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. She lives in the South her family.
More about J.R. Ward...

Black Dagger Brotherhood (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1)
  • Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2)
  • Lover Awakened (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #3)
  • Lover Revealed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #4)
  • Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #5)
  • Lover Enshrined (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #6)
  • Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7)
  • Lover Mine (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #8)
  • Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9)
  • Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10)