Start by marking “The Mezzo Wore Mink (The Liturgical Mystery #6)” as Want to Read:
The Mezzo Wore Mink (The Liturgical Mystery #6)

The Mezzo Wore Mink (The Liturgical Mystery #6)

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  198 ratings  ·  20 reviews
(No. 6 in the series) Detective Hayden Konig is living the dream. He's rich, he loves his work, and his girlfriend is prettier than a Holiday Gift Basket full of smoked oysters. Still, Hayden's not a man to rest on his laurels. His mission is clear -- he will be a writer. Not just a writer, but a hard-boiled, noir detective wordsmith worthy of Raymond Chandler's typewriter ...more
Published February 20th 2008 by St. James Music Press

To ask other readers questions about The Mezzo Wore Mink, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Mezzo Wore Mink

Eric_W
Another charming mystery with Chief of Police Hayden and the St. Barnabas congregation. Everything is tongue-in-cheek as Schweitzer gently savages religious rigidity. The shtick in the series is that Hayden is also a frustrated writer, much maligned by Meg, his girlfriend. He’s writing a series of potboilers using Raymond Chandler’s typewriter and while wearing Chandler's hat. The writing of these stories within the novel are singularly bad, and he reads them to the choir before practice.

For ex
Catherine Leggitt
This is my sixth Hayden Koenig book. OCD requires me to read them in order. By now these folks have become my friends. I sit in on their informal meetings at The Slab and The Ginger Cat to hear the latest St. Germaine news (read gossip), and I can hardly wait for Sunday so I can attend St. Barnabas to see what new antics the latest priest will concoct. I no longer consider this a guilty pleasure to be read by flashlight under bedcovers, I LOL often, and I don't care who hears.

In this episode of
Stephen
The sixth installment of the Liturgical Mysteries reintroduces the good people of the village of St Germaine, North Carolina, the good people of St Barnabas' Episcopal Church, the fellow who is both chief of police to the one and organist-choirmaster to the other. There is much that is new in this episode. The interim priest at St Barnabas' produces "The Living Gobbler" -- a Thanksgiving spectacular show calculated to compete with the neighbouring Baptist's "Singing Christmas Tree." The reader a ...more
Roy Wagner
Bad as Usual, but...

...the back story mystery was so good, as usual. Great humor and complex interpersonal happenings.

Highly recommended. Read them all!
Patty
My blizzard book, this series just keeps getting better. I love the main characters and can't wait to see what disaster befalls the church this time round. This one wasn't as laugh out loud funny as the last book, but it was great none the less. I'm not sure how he manages to combine churches, police chief, very serious music, very bad writing and super silly songs and make the stories this much fun.
Catherine
Apr 01, 2008 Catherine rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Catherine by: Nicole gifted it to me
This is a fun, quick read, one in a series of goofy small-town antics by Mark Schweizer. For my Carolina friends, you'll be interested to know that it's set in fictional St Germaine, NC, supposedly within shouting distance of Boone. The main character has a penchant for writing bad crime novels, so his expcerpts are very funny.
Debi
Jul 10, 2010 Debi rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: kindle
There are seven of these Liturgical Mysteries. They are wonderful. Not great literature, but GREAT fun. I read every one of them, one right after the other, and wished for more.

Highly recommended, especially for those who know anything about church music and small town Episcopalians.
Deb
The Living Gobbler - the St. Baranbas Thanksgiving extravaganza led by the Rev. Lemming and his wife, the new ministry team at the church. That's really all that needs to be said. If you're an aficionado of this series, you get it! I love this series!
Jessie Verino
I love these books! A little mystery, a lot of fun. I wouldn't consider this one the best of the series, but an improvement over the last one I read. Love the little town and all the whacky characters.
Donna Jean
Most hilarious book I've read in a very long time! So much fun, especially if you're an Episcopalian. This series is very much up my alley. Try one, you'll enjoy it.
David R.
I thought this was Schweizer's best mystery in the series. And it was a heck of a lot of fun, too. St. Germaine was at its absurb, yet lovable best.
S.D.
All these books in the series are a hoot. If you are looking for a small town with an inside look into the choir loft, these are sure picks.
Elizabeth
6th in the Liturgical Mysteries series. This one features the Living Gobbler service - hilarious!
Becky Swanson
The "mink" story line was hilarious. Especially when they... well, you'll have to read it yourself.
Josh Hamacher
Not as laugh-out-loud funny as the previous book in the series but still a fast, fun read.
Thomas (Tom)

And the laughs keep coming.........
Tracey
The Minques (TM) are pretty hilarious.
Linda
Funny like all the rest!
Martha
I really love these books!!!
Margaret
Good for a laugh.
Familyreader
Familyreader marked it as to-read
Apr 12, 2015
Amanda
Amanda marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2015
David Gatwood
David Gatwood marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Sk888888
Sk888888 marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2015
Wanda Hoolihan
Wanda Hoolihan is currently reading it
Mar 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Rumpole and the Primrose Path
  • Blood in the Cotswolds (Thea Osborne, #5)
  • God's Fool
  • The Last Word (A Books by the Bay Mystery #3)
  • Spells & Stitches (Sugar Maple, #4)
  • A Provencal Mystery
  • Fire Engine Dead (Museum, #3)
  • Sinister Sprinkles (Donut Shop Mystery, #3)
  • The Tale of Hawthorn House (The Cottage Tales of Beatrix Potter, #4)
  • A Timely Vision (A Missing Pieces Mystery #1)
  • Murder in Grub Street (Sir John Fielding, #2)
  • Laughed 'Til He Died (Death on Demand, #20)
  • God in the Alley: Being and Seeing Jesus in a Broken World
  • Plaza Suite
  • Cat of the Century (Mrs. Murphy, #18)
  • Uneasy Spirits (A Victorian San Francisco Mystery, #2)
  • Why Johnny Can't Sing Hymns, How Pop Culture Rewrote the Hymnal
  • No One Will Hear You (Crime Seen #2)
420648
In 1974, Mark Schweizer, a brand-new high-school graduate decided to eschew the family architectural business and become an opera singer. Against all prevailing wisdom and despite jokes from his peers such as "What does the music major say after his first job interview?" (answer: You want fries with that?), he enrolled in the Music School at Stetson University. To his father, the rationale was obv ...more
More about Mark Schweizer...

The Liturgical Mystery (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Alto Wore Tweed (The Liturgical Mystery #1)
  • The Baritone Wore Chiffon (The Liturgical Mystery #2)
  • The Tenor Wore Tapshoes (The Liturgical Mystery #3)
  • The Soprano Wore Falsettos (The Liturgical Mystery #4)
  • The Bass Wore Scales (The Liturgical Mystery #5)
  • The Diva Wore Diamonds (The Liturgical Mystery #7)
  • The Organist Wore Pumps (The Liturgical Mystery #8)
  • The Countertenor Wore Garlic (The Liturgical Mystery #9)
  • The Christmas Cantata (The Liturgical Mysteries)
  • The Treble Wore Trouble
The Alto Wore Tweed (The Liturgical Mystery #1) The Baritone Wore Chiffon (The Liturgical Mystery #2) The Soprano Wore Falsettos (The Liturgical Mystery #4) The Tenor Wore Tapshoes (The Liturgical Mystery #3) The Bass Wore Scales (The Liturgical Mystery #5)