Start by marking “The Threesome Handbook: Make the Most of Your Favorite Fantasy - the Ultimate Guide for Tri-Curious Singles and Couples” as Want to Read:

3.99  ·  Rating Details  ·  158 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
A step-by-step guide to realizing the American dream, The Threesome Handbook: A Practical Guide to Sleeping with Three is the first book to give tri-curious men and women the inside scoop on threesomes. Having finally slipped into the mainstream - on MTV, Boston Legal, Entourage, magazines, movies, and just about every respectable blog - sexuality historian and threesome d
Published August 31st 2007 by Thunder's Mouth Press (first published August 30th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Threesome Handbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Threesome Handbook

Exina
"Everyone’s got a kinky side."

The Threesome Handbook is a practical, informative, well-structured manual, written in a very casual, engaging and entertaining style.

Ms. Vantoch covers her subject adequately, using her personal experiences and interviewing more than a hundred “threesome veterans, dabblers, and dreamers.”

The book is very extensive: it clearly presents threesomes from many aspects:
• Communication activities.
• Hunting and dating tips, three-way seduction exercises.
Couples on the
Bre V.
Jan 19, 2012 Bre V. rated it it was amazing
First of all, Vicki Vantoch is so goddamn clever that it's near criminal. I'm pretty sure she could write me a review of the back of a cereal box and I'd give it five stars, so perhaps I'm biased; but, to be fair, it's hard to find women who are, like Vantoch, whip smart, honest, and unabashedly sexually curious.

I'm sure a lot of people take this book at face value as just a position guide with maybe some behavioral hints. And those people will get what they're looking for- nestled into an exha
Lindie
May 02, 2014 Lindie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Full disclosure: I started reading this book because Misha Collins' wife wrote it and talks about their experiences. No regrets so far, actually. She's a rather clever writer and fun as hell. In addition to being sassy and informative, she's also unpretentious and has a wonderfully welcoming, inviting tone that definitely sells her ideas. I'm going to pick up her other book, The Jet Sex, as soon as I can. Yet another reason to love the Collins-Vantoch family - they're wonderful, intelligent peop ...more
Kit Goode
May 05, 2012 Kit Goode rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I think I can set the tone of this book for you fairly well by explaining that a lot of Vantoch's problem solving can be summed up with 'put your hand down your pants'.

This book wasn't really aimed at me: I'm pretty comfortable with multiple relationships, but after accidentally blundering into a monogamous relationship (you know how that goes) I'd been recced it as a way of casually opening up a dialogue between me and the SO and the possibilities of different kinds of relationships. I can't s
Erin O'Riordan
Sep 26, 2015 Erin O'Riordan rated it really liked it
I love nonfiction books about sexuality in general, and I wanted to read this one specifically because I thought it might be good research for future short stories and novel scenes. I’ve written threesomes before, but I could always learn to write them hotter.

I started reading this book ages ago, but I kept putting it away when guests came over and then getting distracted by other books. That's not to say that it's uninteresting or boring - far from it. Granted, I did skip a few passages that di
Courtney Golden
Jul 11, 2010 Courtney Golden rated it liked it
she writes in too cutesy a way that I found annoying. a lot of the advice was just common sense. still, it was fun to read about some of my favorite tv star's habits.
Ashley Wallis
Sep 08, 2014 Ashley Wallis rated it really liked it
Victoria Vantoch is amazing, and although the forthrightness of her words even had me blushing, The Threesome Handbook has really great information on subjects extending past adding a third and into relationships as a whole with a strong emphasis on the importance of communication, self awareness, and trust...truly a great book to read, re-read, and keep around. Resources and checklists provided throughout give the reader a real worldview of the possibilities available to them.
Ms. Vantoch did a
Letizia Loi
Apr 23, 2014 Letizia Loi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ammetto che a spingermi a leggere questo libro è stato il nome dell'autrice, Victoria Vantoch, moglie di Misha Collins, uno dei miei attori - ed esemplari di umanità - preferiti. In altre circostanze probabilmente non l'avrei mai comprato, non per via dell'argomento trattato, ma perché non essendo stato tradotto in italiano, non sarei mai venuta a conoscenza della sua esistenza.
Ho iniziato a leggerlo spinta da una curiosità tutta pettegola, perché Vicky scrisse questo manuale a seguito delle sue
Kitt
Ok book. I mean I'm rating it as having been liked, and on the whole it was fine and readable and interesting, but in places a little too matey matey, nudge wink for me. Having said that though I did manage to zip through it fairly quickly - I had been recommended 'The Ethical Slut', and time and again I find it turgid and unreadble (I have tried a number of times), so at least this engages interest. The advice is a little general and common sensey, but Vantoch does seem to have a passion for th ...more
Brandy Shark
Sep 05, 2011 Brandy Shark rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Vicki Vantoch is such a wonderful writer; she weaves humor and facts into this very interesting book. She uses research as well as personal tales into explaining and helping define the best ways to have a threesome, or build a loving, threesome relationship.

Absolutely a fun read, and informative.

If Vicki ever writes another book, on any subject, I will gladly and eagerly go out and buy it.
Sep 16, 2014 Sarah rated it really liked it
I will be absolutely honest, I read this book because Vicki is Misha’s wife and I have a pretty vociferous obsession with him at the moment. Having added that little disqualifier I thought the book was good. It was very well written in a down to earth and informative manner and I found it really interesting. I would definitely read more of her work.
Alexis Wilder
Jan 27, 2016 Alexis Wilder rated it it was amazing
Book Review | In Vicki Vantoch’s The Threesome Handbook, more’s the merrier as long as you play by the rules.

Author and sexual historian Vicki Vantoch weaves interviews, research, and personal experience together in her guide to threesome sex and triad relationships. As well as highlighting the positives of such unions: less codependency, hotter sex (truly, there are diagrams), she also anticipates the negatives and counsels how to avoid making huge, sexy mistakes.
She explains that though she i
Erin O'Riordan
Dec 23, 2015 Erin O'Riordan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Elizabeth
May 03, 2014 Elizabeth rated it liked it
Shelves: women, get-again
Sara
Feb 01, 2016 Sara rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious and informative! Even if a triad isn't your thing, the lessons can be extrapolated and applied to monogamous relationships and friendships. It contains tips on how to start a romance, the difference between romance and sex, a lesson on new relationship energy and how it's NOT indicative of a lasting relationship (which a lot of people, myself included have mistaken for a good omen when really, it has no meaning at all), how to overcome jealousy and insecurities, etc!

Regardless of whet
Nae
Oct 20, 2014 Nae rated it it was amazing
This was a very informative but laid back type of book.

I was pleased to see there was a whole section dedicated to keeping yourself and your partners sexually safe. And there were so many, many, MANY sections about how to handle your emotions and communication. Because that is vital to these types of relationships!

I laughed out loud a lot during the book because there was tid bits of humor stuck in randomly. (Or maybe I'm just weird)

Highly recommended for people thinking about engaging in casual
Sam Brehm
Dec 27, 2015 Sam Brehm rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really think this book is worth reading, even for someone who is not interested in having a threesome.

1) The book is great at what it's meant to be: "A Practical Guide to Sleeping With Three." It is aware and accepting of and addresses many situations, while still focusing on the most common target demographics.

2) It is written with a number of things in mind, including being sex-positive, queer-positive, body-positive, and feminist. Finding a book that's good and *also* not super problematic
Margaret
Sep 24, 2014 Margaret rated it liked it
Very helpful and informative even for monogamous relationships.
Elia Winters
Fun, light-hearted, and thoughtful book on a complex topic. Vantoch strikes a nice balance between whimsy and honest, truthful advice, and the text is easily readable as well as persuasive.
Stacey Kolesnikow
it was very... um... enlightening. I learned so much from it that next time I'm hanging out with some of my friends - they'll never see it coming!
Jen
Nov 23, 2007 Jen rated it it was ok
I read it for work. Swear.

Check out my review at http://bookaweekwithjen.blogspot.com/...
Daire Denis
Oct 22, 2013 Daire Denis rated it it was amazing
Loved it! The right amount of good information mixed in with a light tone and a bit of snark. An enjoyable, informative read.
Anthony
If you have time and a sense of humor (and "flexibility"), I strongly advise you to read The Threesome Handbook.

Enjoy ;)
Ian
Feb 27, 2010 Ian rated it it was amazing
Brilliantly written, and amazingly informative. Amusing, and candid. A must read for those who are tri-curious.
Dani
Jan 12, 2015 Dani rated it it was amazing
Shelves:
Interesting, and wonderful! It's an abnosome, insightful book, and engaging all the way through. Recommend!
Angela
Jan 01, 2008 Angela rated it liked it
I read it cuz it was mentioned in Savage Love; not cuz that's what I'm in to, honest.
Ashley Spendlove
Jun 03, 2015 Ashley Spendlove rated it it was amazing
This book is informative and entertaining.
Jadeen
Jadeen marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Alexandra Maria
Alexandra Maria marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2016
layman's terms 1 9 Feb 11, 2014 06:34AM
  • Come Hither: A Commonsense Guide To Kinky Sex
  • The Ultimate Guide to Fellatio: How to Go Down on a Man and Give Him Mind-Blowing Pleasure
  • The Ultimate Guide to Anal Sex for Women
  • The New Bottoming Book
  • Open: Love, Sex, and Life in an Open Marriage
  • Jay Wiseman's Erotic Bondage Handbook
  • Seductive Art of Japanese Bondage
  • New Topping Book
  • The Whole Lesbian Sex Book: A Passionate Guide for All of Us
  • The Myth of Monogamy: Fidelity and Infidelity in Animals and People
  • Two Knotty Boys Showing You the Ropes: A Step-by-Step, Illustrated Guide for Tying Sensual and Decorative Rope Bondage
  • Love in Abundance: A Counselor's Advice on Open Relationships
  • The Intimate Sex Lives of Famous People
  • Redefining Our Relationships: Guidelines for Responsible Open Relationships
  • The Joy of Gay Sex
  • Bi Any Other Name: Bisexual People Speak Out
  • Sex Tips for Straight Women from a Gay Man
  • S.E.X.: The All-You-Need-To-Know Progressive Sexuality Guide to Get You Through High School and College
Victoria Vantoch is a historian and journalist whose work has appeared in The Washington Post, U.S. News & World Report, and The Los Angeles Times. She has received numerous honors for her work on airline stewardesses including a Smithsonian Institution Guggenheim Fellowship and a NASA Aerospace History Fellowship.

Vantoch has written on everything from fashion to sexuality to architectural pre
More about Victoria Vantoch...

“Most of us know that the media tell us our bodies are imperfect - too fat, to smelly, too wrinkled, or too soft. And, even though we may know it’s horseshit, these messages still seep into our brains and mess with our self-esteem. In a media-saturated country where most images of women and men have been photoshopped to perfection, it’s hard to find a living supermodel (much less a computer programmer), who doesn’t wish she had sexier earlobes or a tighter ass. So, buck up, even the prettiest bombshell has body insecurities. You can spend your life thinking your butt’s too big (or your cock’s too small) or feeling sexy as hell. Make the choice to appreciate your body as it is.” 13 likes
“I couldn’t find a decent threesome guidebook at the library, so I started scouring the Internet, reading biographies, and asking lots of people lots of questions. As it turns out, America is full of trisexuals eager to tell their stories.” 3 likes