Stargate Atlantis: Mirror, Mirror (Stargate Atlantis, #9)

Stargate Atlantis: Mirror, Mirror (Stargate Atlantis #9)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  138 ratings  ·  17 reviews
An all new novel based on the hit TV series, Stargate Atlantis, which has won the People's Choice Award for favorite SciFi show. Follow the team of soldiers and scientists as they attempt to unravel a new mystery in the Pegasus Galaxy. Mirror, Mirror is a must-read for all fans!
Mass Market Paperback, 361 pages
Published July 28th 2008 by Fandemonium Books

To ask other readers questions about Stargate Atlantis, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stargate Atlantis

Steffanie
Wasn't too impressed with the book editing. I mean, it's not very often that you can find a spelling mistake in a published novel! My spelling is horrible, but McKay being "looked up in a cell" [locked!] should have been caught.

Next, I think the author is a very cleaver and witty person, but she tries too hard to show it off with cute writing. Within a half a dozen sentences you get: "His fingers were so cold, he couldn't have felt a one-stroke diesel engine" and then "the water was cold enough...more
T.S. Smead
The weaving of characters' perspectives in a shattered schism of multiple alternate universes and timelines in this book are done amazingly well. The writer displays an in depth knowledge of SGA lore. Each characters' voice from the team is clear and distinctly matching up with the way they were written in the TV series (even down to the peripheral characters). As a piece of SGA fanfiction, you won't find better. Wonderfully written and suspenseful, with a great story that fits perfectly in the...more
Denise
A piece of time-altering Ancient technology fractures reality into a bunch of alternate universes and timelines in which the Wraith never evolved, leaving the members of Sheppard's team as well as Elizabeth and Zelenka each stranded in a different alternate timeline. They must now find their ways back to each other across realities and reverse the process before the entire galaxy is destroyed.
A great, intriguing storyline that starts out a bit confusing with the many timeline-jumps, but quickly...more
Lexi
Až mi je ľúto dať tejto knihe rovnaký počet hviezdičiek ako 50 Shades of Grey, ale vôbec ma nebavilo. Nápad by mohol byť aj zaujímavý, ale prevedenie je zlé. Od začiatku až do konca je príbeh pomalý a strašne zmätený, väčšinu času som nechápala, čo sa deje (nepomohlo tomu ani to, že som neskôr začala doslova letieť a dosť preskakovať, aby som ju vôbec dočítala), niektoré české frázy vôbec nesedeli. Vôbec som pri čítaní nemala pocit, ako keby som sledovala epizódu, aj všetky postavy zneli akosi c...more
Michelle
The team discovers an ancient who has uploaded himself into a computer terminal. He has been running simulations to determine how to keep the Iratus bug from evolving into the wraith. It is decided to move forward with his plan. But the plan goes horribly wrong and fractures time into many dimensions. Each team member must find a way to get back to the right dimension and reverse the damage. [return][return]This was different. All in all it was slow and somewhat confusing. I really finished it b...more
Paulo "paper books always" Carvalho
Kati
I really liked this book, the whole idea, the adventure, the fact that we saw everybody's POV, including Zelenka's. So, why didn't I give it 5 stars? Well:

a) The author should have definitely let a Czech native speaker take a look at Zelenka's Czech phrases - some of them are totally nonsensical.
b) There were some small mistakes - like the fact that Atlantis' gate had no shield or that McKay liked a lemon cake (on the show, he's allergic to citrus!)
c) It was too bad that for the better part of t...more
Erina
Overall, I enjoyed this novelized version of the SG Atlantis world. A few parts were confusing or distracting because there is quite a bit of jumping around timelines and alternate universes. Generally, I like time travel and/or alternate universe stories. This one would have been stronger had they focused on 1-3 rather than the 5 or so different versions of Atlantis. I wish it went a little bit deeper on the development of Ancients in a Wraith-free. On the positive, I really enjoyed the focus o...more
Tabitha Gilroy
Most convoluted book ever, took too long to come together. Would have made more sense on tv
Angela
Reality has been split up, and different realities are starting to collapse. This is a complicated storyline and does take a bit of concentration to follow. There's some clever realities where the Ancients are as bad as the wraith. All characters act like you would expect. My only problem is that nearly all the characters went through hell and its just brushed under the carpet at the end. A good read.
Marichee
I sped through the rest of this book last night.

The good thing about these kinds of books, is you can skip entire chapters and not miss a thing. The bad thing about these kinds of books, is you can skip entire chapters and not miss a thing.

But WTH, they're easy and fun.

If you like stories that involve time travel and whatnot, you'll like this.
Kirsten
One of the best Stargate Atlantis novels to date! Fantastic team story - lots of action, and everyone is in on it. It felt very much like an episode - an episode I would have killed to see. The author takes a classic sci-fi plot and gives it a very Stargate-y spin. Fun read, and literally one I couldn't put down!
Miss Clark
Can get really confusing, and a bit of a letdown, but still a pretty decent SGA novel, which have been even more disappointing book for book than the SG-1 novels. Bauer seems to do pretty well, she just lacks good character interaction for the most part, which I really enjoy.
X5-494
Sep 04, 2009 X5-494 rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everybody who loves SGA.
Recommended to X5-494 by: I found it myself. :)
A very great read. The author has the "character voices" down pat, but you gotta keep on your toes, because (especially in the beginning) it could get pretty confusing with all the various timelines.
AnnaM
Excellent. Very exciting. The characters were in-character to me. I loved the action, the whump, and the ending. I read it more than once. Very well done.
Sally
You know where this is going, but you're kept reading by wondering just HOW it's going to happen. After that, the end is a bit of an anti-climax.
Hope
May 01, 2011 Hope rated it 5 of 5 stars
Shelves: scifi
All the timelines that I was being hopped to and from were confusing, but later, there came an 'Aha!' moment that made everything okay.
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2014
Benjamin
Benjamin marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Victoria Mitchell
Victoria Mitchell marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2014
William
William marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Breanne
Breanne marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Jennifer marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Breeanna
Breeanna marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
  • Stargate Atlantis: Entanglement (Stargate Atlantis, #6)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Exogenesis (Stargate Atlantis, #5)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Casualties of War (Stargate Atlantis, #7)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Rising (Stargate Atlantis, #1)
  • Stargate Atlantis: Homecoming (Stargate Atlantis, #16)
  • Stargate SG-1: The Barque of Heaven (Stargate SG-1, #15)
  • Stargate SG-1: Sacrifice Moon (Stargate SG-1, #6)
  • Stargate SG-1: The Price You Pay (Stargate SG-1, #2)
  • Stargate: Rebellion (Stargate, #1)
  • Vengeance (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #22)
  • Trial by Error (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #21)
  • Devil in the Sky (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #11)
  • The Long Night (Star Trek Deep Space Nine, No 14)
  • Station Rage (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, #13)
  • Valhalla
  • Antimatter
Stargate SG-1: Trial by Fire (Stargate SG-1, #1) Stargate SG-1: Survival of the Fittest (Stargate SG-1, #11) Stargate SG-1: Transitions (Stargate SG-1, #22) STARGATE SG-1: Trial by Fire SG1-1 Trial by Fire