Start by marking “Stitch 'n Bitch Superstar Knitting: Go Beyond the Basics” as Want to Read:
Stitch 'n Bitch Superstar Knitting: Go Beyond the Basics

Stitch 'n Bitch Superstar Knitting: Go Beyond the Basics

Knitters: It's time to take it to the next level. And who better than Debbie Stoller to show you how. The expert knitter and gifted, edgy author who introduced knitting to a new generation with her "New York Times" bestseller, "Stitch 'n Bitch: The Knitter's Handbook," now shows her readers how to do more lots more.
"Stitch 'n Bitch Superstar Knitting" is the only knitter'
Published November 1st 2010 by Workman Publishing Company (first published October 15th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Stitch 'n Bitch Superstar Knitting, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stitch 'n Bitch Superstar Knitting

Danielle
Nov 05, 2010 Danielle rated it it was amazing
Shelves: crafting, 2011-read
Finally, a book that explains German Twist cast-on (my favorite, and I've always wondered why it's not in books), and I've learned tubular cast-on (yay)! Other highlights: steeking (eek!), and lots of colorwork (which I'm itching to try). The ssk was finally explained so that I understand why it's done, even though I've been doing it for years. Debbie is just so good at explaining stuff so that I get it.

I've recently started knitting a lot more and reading a lot less (it's easier to watch the li
Knotty
Mar 22, 2012 Knotty rated it really liked it
Shelves: craft
I think this is probably the most useful of the books Stoller has put out. The instructional part is good for a wide range of people and skill levels. I like more of the patterns than I have from past books. (Plus 41 patterns, that is quite a few!)I would probably buy this book for myself and as a gift for a knitter transitioning to more advanced techniques.
SallyHP
Nov 16, 2008 SallyHP marked it as to-read
I learned to knit properly from reading the first one, so I'm excited to see what new styles I'll learn by reading this version!
Ria F
Mar 10, 2014 Ria F rated it it was amazing
This book is an excellent resource for different knitting techniques. I taught my self to knit, in part using Stoller's Stitch 'N Bitch, and use this book for more advanced help.
Atlantis
Mar 17, 2017 Atlantis rated it liked it
Most of the techniques are above my skill level but gives me something to strive towards.
Tonileg
Oct 21, 2014 Tonileg rated it liked it
Shelves: knitting-crafts
I learned to knit with the stitch 'n bitch series about a decade ago so I have a positive discrimination in general.
Always clearly written with step by step instructions, this is a book to go from beginner knitting into the more difficult color techniques with lots of sketches and photos.
There is a huge sweater making chapter to explain all the possible sleeves and sizing options. I'd wear pretty much every pattern in this collection. Tulip top (179) and The life aquatic sweater (202) is super c
Jen Johnson
Nov 27, 2010 Jen Johnson rated it really liked it
Shelves: crafty
another one to buy, for sure. so much in-depth info that i can't make use of it all from the time a library check out gives. stoller's technical illustrations still leave me wanting more, but the text covers so much ground it's hardly a concern for me at this point. also, i love quite a few of the included patterns. hope i can get to them one day!
Liz De Coster
Jun 10, 2011 Liz De Coster rated it liked it
Shelves: hobbies, knitting
Great if you want to take your knitting up a knot, no pun intended. Options and suggestions for casting on and binding off, color knitting, beads and buttonholes, and other more fiddly bits for experienced knitters. Also advice for designing your own patterns, which is good, because I wasn't really inspired by the patterns included.
Cat Fithian
Decent collection of techniques and patterns. Several techniques were shared for certain things, i.e. how to knit with beads. About a dozen patterns round out the book, including some cool skull patterned things. I like the snarky tone of the prose, but in general feel that it runs on too long. Still, a good addition to the world of knitting info.
Ann
Sep 03, 2011 Ann rated it liked it
Shelves: knitting
While the patterns in the latter half of the book are really so-so, the first half - filled with really well written guides to all sorts of tricky knitting is what makes the book really useful. The hipster-y puns of the first stitch'n'bitch book continue in the pattern names and the patterns themselves, which is slightly offputting.
Jennie
Feb 20, 2013 Jennie rated it liked it
Shelves: crafty, read2013
I think this is better than the first book, though even together they do not add up to a complete compendium of knitting info. A lot of this is really intermediate, not advanced. The illustrations and explanations are clear, and the patterns in this book are much more attractive (to me) than the first one. I have not tried to make any of them, though.
Desiree
Dec 16, 2012 Desiree rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, knitting
Debbie Stoller's books are fantastic in learning new techniques, those alone were worth the cost of the book. The patterns are also fantastic, separated into sections based upon the techniques (beading, lace, etc.)
Lil' Grogan
Oct 12, 2011 Lil' Grogan rated it liked it
Shelves: handmade
Good collection of basic skills. Kind of edges into the "beyond", not so much on the patterns. But, on my trek to finding a reference collection, this was not bad. Have used it to check a couple of things along the way.
Wendy
Apr 30, 2012 Wendy rated it really liked it
Shelves: knitting
I love the patterns in this book! Some are still a bit advanced for me (I haven't worked up to knitting full wearable garments, like dresses and sweaters) but it has a lot of information on how to work with several different colors, intarsia knitting and lace.
Lauren
Dec 06, 2010 Lauren added it
Well after a few false starts and beginner's errors, I have finished several projects from this book and am thrilled with the results. It took a little time to get used to, but perseverance is the key!
Katey Thompson
Mar 15, 2013 Katey Thompson rated it it was amazing
Shelves: yarn-nuts
If you lack a local knitting sensei, get Debbie Stoller. She won't be there to hold your hand, but she does explain things better than any other writer that I've found. Her best book yet with scrumptious patterns, which are also clear and well written.
Kate
Apr 03, 2011 Kate rated it really liked it
Shelves: knitting
Cute patterns (never thought I would be inspired to knit with beads, but after this book, I am) that reinforce the techniques taught in the book...but I don't consider increases, decreases and basic cabling as "advanced knitting."
Katherine
Jun 14, 2012 Katherine rated it liked it
Lots of great information and knitting ideas for knitters. These books are fun to read and offer lots of helpful information, plus there are wonderful patterns to inspire any knitter!
Kerry
May 27, 2011 Kerry rated it really liked it
I love these books!
Kirsty (overflowing library)
Lovely patterns
Stephanie Western
Jul 12, 2011 Stephanie Western rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, 2011
Am so tempted to buy this one, the explanations of complicated techniques are great!
Kym
Mar 16, 2010 Kym rated it liked it
the patterns are pretty and well written, but not for me. the only one i liked was the bunny chart for the blanket.
Erin
Aug 26, 2011 Erin rated it really liked it
Most of the patterns are ones I could see making. Especially the Dutch skirt. And the instructions at the front are great: always nice to see books that go beyond the basics.
Gregory
Apr 16, 2011 Gregory rated it liked it
Good stuff.
Naomi
Jun 13, 2011 Naomi rated it it was amazing
A fantastic follow on from the first book. Makes the techniques look so easy! Some fantastic project patterns too!
Mckinley
Sep 01, 2015 Mckinley rated it it was ok
Nice, nothing for me just now.
Polly
Jan 05, 2011 Polly rated it really liked it
Some really nice patterns, and useful information about some things I mostly ignore, like intarsia.
Hope
Jan 17, 2013 Hope rated it liked it
OK. Not fabulous, but some good info
Michelle
Dec 03, 2010 Michelle rated it liked it
I love that Debbie Stoller explains the technical stuff clearly. But I'm disappointed that some of the patterns are available online for free.
Nanci
Lots of great patterns, about 15 that I would like to make. I would like to own a copy of this one. Many more advanced techniques for the intermediate knitter are clearly explained.

Recommended.
  • Brave New Knits: 26 Projects and Personalities from the Knitting Blogosphere
  • Mason-Dixon Knitting Outside the Lines: Patterns, Stories, Pictures, True Confessions, Tricky Bits, Whole New Worlds, and Familiar Ones, Too
  • Sock Innovation
  • DomiKNITrix: Whip Your Knitting Into Shape
  • Knitting 24/7: 30 Projects to Knit, Wear, and Enjoy, On the Go and Around the Clock
  • Modern Top-Down Knitting: Sweaters, Dresses, Skirts & Accessories Inspired by the Techniques of Barbara G. Walker
  • French Girl Knits
  • The Knitter's Book of Wool: The Ultimate Guide to Understanding, Using, and Loving this Most Fabulous Fiber
  • Sock Yarn One-Skein Wonders: 101 Patterns That Go Way Beyond Socks!
  • Fitted Knits: 25 Designs for the Fashionable Knitter
  • Knit to Flatter: The Only Instructions You'll Ever Need to Knit Sweaters That Make You Look Good and Feel Great!
  • Custom Knits: Unleash Your Inner Designer with Top-Down and Improvisational Techniques
  • Itty-Bitty Toys: How to Knit Animals, Dolls, and Other Playthings for Kids
  • New England Knits: Timeless Knitwear with a Modern Twist
  • Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitter's Almanac
  • The Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns
  • Scarf Style
  • Big Girl Knits : 25 Big, Bold Projects Shaped for Real Women with Real Curves
Stoller is the co-founder, co-owner, and editor-in-chief of the third wave feminist, popular culture magazine Bust magazine.
More about Debbie Stoller...