Start by marking “The Patmans of Sweet Valley (Sweet Valley High Magna Editions #12)” as Want to Read:
The Patmans of Sweet Valley (Sweet Valley High Magna Editions #12)

The Patmans of Sweet Valley (Sweet Valley High Magna Editions #12)

The unforgettable ancestors of Bruce Patman...

In 1825, sixteen-year-old Sophie, the Duchess of Edmonton, falls in love with Henry Patman, a dashing stable hand. But Sophie's sister, Melanie, has also fallen for Henry's rugged charm. And Melanie will do anything to keep Sophie and Henry apart.

John Patman loses his heart to London actress Katherine Richmond. He's too poor to
Published December 1st 1996 by Bantam

To ask other readers questions about The Patmans of Sweet Valley, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Patmans of Sweet Valley

M Strawberry
There are four sagas in all, but I liked them all. This one focuses on Bruce Patman's ancestors. First we are introduced to Lady Sophie, a British noblewoman who falls in love with a stablehand. They want to get married, but it is not allowed because Sophie is a blue-blood and her sister betrays her while her family has the poor stablehand 'exported' to America.

However, Sophie marries and when she sees that her daughter is also unhappy, she refuses to let a repeat of history happen. The stableha
Alex
Not as good. Maybe because I hate Bruce.
Anne
Feb 13, 2015 Anne rated it really liked it
Review posted at Will Read for Feels

Nothing evokes the major feels quite like nostalgia. And for most people who were in their teens during the 90s, you would be able to relate when I say that those years were probably golden in terms of music and books for my generation. And nothing speaks to a 90s kid better than the nostalgia feels of Sweet Valley High. I still remember reading through our school library's extensive collection of Sweet Valley Kids, Twins, High, University, and even The Unicor
Judie
Apr 06, 2014 Judie rated it really liked it
Shelves: not-mine
I first read this twenty something years ago and I remember liking it the most among all the Sweet Valley sagas. It would have been a swift re-read if not for real life stuff that came in between, but I'm happy I took my sweet time with it. Some plotlines and events felt vaguely familiar, and they brought back memories of my early reading life. The trademark Sweet Valley cover also contributed to the nostalgia. :-)
rayken
Jun 15, 2013 rayken rated it it was amazing
I will and always consider this book as a sweeping epic novel, not Lord of the Rings epic, but to a ten year old me, definitely. I specially liked how their ancestors' lives has always been intertwined, I have never read something like that at that time, and I loved all the love stories of the individuals, how the Male line of the family became rich, how the long lost son was found, that was all wonderful.
PurplyCookie
Book Details:

Title The Patmans of Sweet Valley (Sweet Valley Saga Series)
Author Francine Pascal
Reviewed By Purplycookie

francine pascal, purply's library, sweet valley, chick lit, purply's reviews, books
Trina
Jan 11, 2008 Trina rated it liked it
actually this book wasn't that bad. it's an easy read.....if i'm remembering it right :( lol, i haven't read it in forever! XD
Sarah rated it really liked it
Apr 17, 2012
Nidharshana
Nidharshana rated it liked it
Jun 15, 2012
Jen
Jen rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2016
Wendi (BrokenBinding)
Wendi (BrokenBinding) rated it it was ok
Nov 22, 2015
Allison Soong
Allison Soong rated it really liked it
Apr 04, 2016
Lacey
Lacey rated it liked it
Apr 26, 2013
Winona
Winona rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2013
Rinburevolution
Rinburevolution rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2014
Sheila Read
Jul 08, 2013 Sheila Read rated it it was amazing
I have read so many of these books I can't remember all of them.
Donna
Donna rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2011
Brittney
Brittney rated it really liked it
Sep 16, 2014
Weezie
Weezie rated it it was amazing
Sep 05, 2012
Anna Wootton
Anna Wootton rated it liked it
Dec 09, 2013
Romina Alcantara
Romina Alcantara rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2012
Vanessa
Vanessa rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2016
Penni
Penni rated it it was amazing
Sep 26, 2013
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was ok
Mar 11, 2015
Lara Christina
Lara Christina rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2013
Catherine Lehmann
Catherine Lehmann rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2014
Laura rated it liked it
Jan 23, 2011
Lala
Lala rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2016
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Apr 29, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Boy. Friend. (Sweet Valley Jr. High, #5)
  • The Complete Guide to the Baby-Sitters Club
  • The Last Resort (A Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys: Super Mystery #5)
  • The Mysterious Caravan (Hardy Boys, #54)
  • The Burning (The Fear Street Saga, #3)
  • P. S. I Love You (Sweet Dreams, #1)
  • Wabi: A Hero's Tale
  • More Than a Friend (Love Stories For Young Adults, #7)
Francine Pascal (May 13, 1938— ) is an American author best known for creating the Sweet Valley series of novels. In 1982 she created the characters and the stories for the first six books and her agent, Amy Berkower of Writers House sold them to Bantam Books. Book number one is mostly written by Ms. Pascal. From then on she wrote the stories for every book ever published in the series. After the ...more
More about Francine Pascal...

Sweet Valley High Magna Editions (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • The Wakefields of Sweet Valley (Sweet Valley High Magna Editions #1)
  • The Wakefield Legacy: The Untold Story (Sweet Valley High Magna Editions #2)
  • A Night to Remember (Sweet Valley High, Magna Edition)
  • Elizabeth's Secret Diary (Sweet Valley High)
  • Jessica's Secret Diary (Sweet Valley High Magna Edition #5)
  • Return of the Evil Twin (Sweet Valley High, Magna Edition #6)
  • Elizabeth's Secret Diary: Volume II (Sweet Valley High)
  • Jessica's Secret Diary: Volume II (Sweet Valley High Magna Editions #8)
  • Elizabeth's Secret Diary: Volume III (Sweet Valley High)
  • Jessica's Secret Diary: Volume III (Sweet Valley High Magna Editions, #10)