Start by marking “Forsaken (Taylor Pasbury, #1)” as Want to Read:
Forsaken (Taylor Pasbury, #1)

Forsaken (Taylor Pasbury #1)

3.79 of 5 stars 3.79  ·  rating details  ·  115 ratings  ·  23 reviews
When Simon Mason, the world’s best-known televangelist, receives threats from Muslim terrorists, he hires Taylor Pasbury, a beautiful former Secret Service agent, to take charge of his security. Taylor is thrilled to receive the high-profile assignment, but she has no idea that Simon already knows more about her than she could imagine.

When the terrorists strike, making a d
Published October 1st 2008 by B&H Fiction

To ask other readers questions about Forsaken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forsaken

Ruth
When I was asked to review this book, I almost passed. Suspense novels aren't usually my choice of reading material and I don't know why I chose to read this one. However, I really enjoyed it. The story is told by Taylor Pasbury, a former Secret Service agent who now does private security work. She was hired to protect Simon Mason, a famous televangelist, who has been the subject of terroist threats. Simon's daughter is kidnapped, and the rasom demanded is that he deny Christ on national televis ...more
Rhonda
Nov 03, 2008 Rhonda rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who likes Christian suspense
Forsaken is a dynamic book with multi-faceted characters and realistic settings. Mr. Jordan has a large ensemble of characters and action, but his laid-back writing style makes this an easy read. You won’t be flipping back pages to see what you missed. There are action scenes, but they aren’t overwritten. They make their point without gore.

To read more of my review, visit Beach Reads
Debbie
"Forsaken" is a Christian general fiction novel with some suspense. It wasn't really what I expected. Though I fully agree that some things are worth dying for, I felt like the characters missed why Christ is worth dying for. The ending didn't inspire me like I think it was meant to.

The characters were varied, complex, and dealt with realistic struggles (alcoholism, adultery, kidnapping, etc.) in realistic ways. I think a lot of Christians would sympathize with the "human side" of this "great pr
Kiersten
Wow. If I thought I knew how this book was going to end—and I admit I had all the relationships stereotyped from the beginning—that was all thrown out the window in the final chapters. I love these books in which the ending twist throws a completely new light on all the prior character interactions. Both Simon's "experience" in the Middle East and the letter Taylor received were a crazy dash of the unexpected which definitely upped my level of respect for the author. And the book was great all t ...more
Tamara
James David Jordan’s FORSAKEN is hands down the best book I’ve read this year. On a day filled with my own projects and deadlines, when I had to be disciplined with my time, I found myself picking it up again and again, rationalizing the time I was sacrificing to read more about Taylor and Simon.

FORSAKEN introduces us to Taylor Pasbury, a former Secret Service agent that has been hired by Simon Mason, a dynamic televangelist when he receives threats from Muslim extremists. Taylor has had her own
Nora St Laurent
FORSAKEN
By James David Jordan
B & H Book Publishers
ISBN# 978-0-8054-4749-1
328 Pages

Back Cover:
Taylor Pasbury, a beautiful, former Secret Service agent, has started her own security business. Her first client is Simon Mason, the world's best-known televangelist, who has received threats from Muslim extremists. When the terrorists strike, they take Simon's daughter and make a demand of the pastor that would shake the most steadfast saint. Taylor draws on all of her hard-knock roughness and trai
Margaret
Nov 12, 2009 Margaret rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Margaret by: Deena At A Peek at my Bookshelf

What an intriguing story through former Secret Service now Private Security Personnel Taylor Pasbury's eyes. The entire novel is told in a recitation with bits of humor as if in a verbal report. As a huge Alias/spy-type fan this story was a great fit in genre for me. It is shocking that I had not found author James David Jordan's work before, and now that I have I plan to read much more. I'm especially excited that as soon as I finish this review, I can start reading the sequel to this novel "Fo
Stephany
This was a great book and the first I've read in a long time not centered around a romantic relationship. It was a redemption story about a girl spinning out of control personally, while her professional life was doing great. She is assigned to protect a television evangelist and then his daughter gets captured by terrorists.

The climax of the story seemed to happen too early and then the rest of the book tried to build up to another climax that never occurred. It was a good book with a good sto
Edmond Humm
I found Forsaken to be exceptionally well written. Mr. Jordan portrays his female protagonist with a freshness and unique persona. His attention to details and observation of personal idiosyncrasies is evident as he paints an almost lifelike stage where he conducts the brilliant performance of his colorful characters.

I won't spoil the story by revealing too much about the plot except to say that a pivotal player is a world renowned evangelist who must make a soul wrenching decision that few peo
Phyllis Stinson
Wow

This was great. It had lots of twists and turns. It was Christian and Muslim. I didn't care for the ending but it was still good.
Stacy
Really, really good book! I paid a whopping 99 cents for it on sale, and I definitely got my money's worth! Hard to put down for the first half, then it lagged a small bit, and ended well. Didn't end the way that I expected, but I was ok with that. It definitely set it up at the end for another book, and I see that he has written one. I'll definitely look to find it on sale and read, liked the characters and his writing very very much! :)
Lola4
Good page turner with an important message that Christ is perfect but Christians are not. That's why God places such a high priority on Forgiveness. Life is so much richer when we appreciate the frail and imperfect people, who fleetingly pass through our lives, for who they are rather than judging them on a points scale. Really looking forward to the next volume, Double Cross, but it looks like I'll have a long wait.
Brenda
A friend of mine suggested this book to me. She knew I enjoy reading Christian Mysteries. This story does touch the emotions. I found myself sometimes cheering for a character and other times tearing-up. The undertone of Christians vs.Muslims was an interesting and thought moving theme for me. The author was new to me, but very enjoyable. I will keep my eyes open for more books written by this author.
Lorie
As a rule, I'm a sucker for an ending that is not predictable. So the twists in the plot tickled my fancy from the get-go, and having more than one problem (an intricate plot) in a modern Christian novel is refreshing. Author drug it out a bit though in certain places that almost made me put down the book. Had to force myself to the last page...so many books, so little time ;-)
Deborah Boutwell
Aug 15, 2009 Deborah Boutwell rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Suspense, intrigue
What would make a well-known TV evangalist forsake God? What is your daughter's life depended on it? This was a great read and really made me think about what I would do in such a situation. Lots of twists and surprises, all the way to the end. My only compliant, Taylor, the main character, was almost too tough for a woman.
Katie
Jul 22, 2013 Katie added it
Disappointment. This book was hardly about grace as it was "getting right with God." The reality is Jesus already took our iniquity to the cross and has already won our righteousness! There's nothing we can "do" to gain it. If there was, then he would have died needlessly. I didn't see the gospel in this book at all.
Mary Beth Sancomb-Moran
Jordan has written a fast-paced book about terrorism, religion, and relationships. While a few details are questionable, the book is largely entertaining. The relationship between the two main characters is interesting and the twist at the end is one I didn't see coming. [return][return]Recommended.
Alex
I enjoyed the nail-biting-don't-want-to-put-the-book-down suspense. Well-written with great insight into the characters' personalities. I was a bit disappointed with the ending as it left quite a few issues unresolved & seemed like the author just wanted to end it! Hopefully this means a sequel!
Ginger
ok. a little too light for me. wanted to hurry through to read something more intriquing. You think it's predictable, but it's not.
Jenni
I picked up this book at the library, and the story is very engaging, suspenseful. I am looking forward to book #2.
Kristi
TV preacher's daughter gets kidnapped by Muslim terrorists. The ransom? He must deny Christ publicly.
Joleen Richwine
Surprising this is a good book, with enough suspense to keep me interested.
Raelynn
enjoyable read with twists and turns.
Halograce
Halograce marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
Mary Goodwin
Mary Goodwin marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2014
JOSEPHINE MAGUIRE
JOSEPHINE MAGUIRE is currently reading it
Dec 19, 2014
Lou Walker
Lou Walker is currently reading it
Dec 18, 2014
Claire
Claire marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Leslie
Leslie marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Jerry Blackerby
Jerry Blackerby marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
  • Deliver Us from Evil: A Novel
  • Double Blind
  • Try Darkness
  • Wiser Than Serpents
  • Pursuit Of Justice (Call of Duty, #3)
  • Solemnly Swear
  • Lethal Remedy (Prescription for Trouble, #4)
  • Blood Lines (NCIS, #3)
  • Coming Unglued
  • Predator
  • Enemies Among Us: A Novel
  • The Night Watchman (Ray Quinn #1)
  • No Safe Haven
  • Griselda Takes Flight (Bright's Pond #3)
  • Single Sashimi
  • Don't Look Back (Women of Justice, #2)
Double Cross (Taylor Pasbury, #2) Something That Lasts Something That Lasts Something That Lasts: a novel