Start by marking “Apple Cider Vinegar: Miracle Health System” as Want to Read:
Apple Cider Vinegar: Miracle Health System

Apple Cider Vinegar: Miracle Health System

3.90  ·  Rating Details  ·  349 Ratings  ·  41 Reviews
Written by Patricia and Paul C. Bragg, N.D's, Ph.D's, a father and daughter team, the book reveals the healing, cleansing and weight reduction miracle powers of ACV. Hippocrates (the Father of Medicine) in 400 B.C. treated his patients with ACV; and today it is enjoyed by millions of people worldwide, who depend on it as a natural anti-biotic, anti-septic, and highly nutri ...more
Published May 19th 2005 by Bragg Health Sciences (first published January 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Apple Cider Vinegar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Apple Cider Vinegar

Dry Skin Brushing Survival Guide by Sharon FrenchPaleo from A to Z by Darryl EdwardsSlim And Healthy You by Sahara SandersWeight Loss Secrets - How to get a slim, energetic, good look... by Lise GottliebPaleo Fitness by Darryl Edwards
Healthier Living Books
110th out of 117 books — 51 voters
MEDICAL INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX by James MorcanThe Complete Book of Ayurvedic Home Remedies by Vasant Dattatray LadMissing Microbes by Martin J. BlaserA Journey Within by Yeremiyah Ben YisraelThe Everything Candida Diet Book by Jeffrey McCombs
Home Remedy or Alternate Medicine
69th out of 76 books — 12 voters

More lists with this book...

Jodi
Mar 09, 2012 Jodi rated it did not like it
Shelves: health-books
The useful information on ACV in this book could be summarised on a single page. All you really need to know is that having a teaspoon or two of unfiltered apple cider vinegar with meals can aid digestion.

I'd read a tiny bit about ACV in a few health books and wanted to know more so I ordered this book from my local library. But in the end I got a lot more information in those brief book mentions of it!

This book is weirdly put together. It is like someone got lots of one and two page advertorial
Machel
Aug 22, 2012 Machel rated it it was amazing
I love holistic books. I drink this stuff everyday. It is a miracle worker and I believe in it. I did find out some other cool tips in this book about taking a vinegar bath with it and the benefits of cleaning your face, too. I don't think most understand that this is a simple product that can ultimately and dramatically change your life for the better. It has mine.
Elle
Mar 09, 2013 Elle rated it it was ok
I've been drinking a teaspoon or two of apple cider vineger (ACV) in my water for a few years now. I mostly drink it during the winter months when stomach viruses are at their peak and in the spring to help with my seasonal allergies. The medical assistant at my allergists office recommended the ACV drink to me a few years ago and once I got past the tart flavor I was fine with drinking a glass or two a day.

This past week when my daughters and I were visiting our public library, my oldest daught
Laura Verret
Mar 01, 2010 Laura Verret rated it liked it
Extremely bad grammar - and I mean extremely. Exclamation points are interspersed throughout the entire book, even when a statement is not very amazing. The author even used a singular verb with a plural pronoun in one sentence. This book has encouraged me to take apple cider vinegar, not because I am convinced that it is a cure-all, but I recognize its beneficial effects. I also disliked how the author kept using the phrase "Mother nature and God" like she's a polytheist or something.
AJ Dreadfulwater
Nov 03, 2015 AJ Dreadfulwater rated it really liked it
First read Aug. 13, 2013- reread Nov. 3, 2015:

A wonderful holistic guidebook for natural living from years of experience from naturalists Paul and Patricia Bragg. Offering many alternative solutions to rid chemicals from the body and from the home with apple cider vinegar and a strong emphasis on daily hydration, breathing exercises, nutritious foods, and human movement.

Once you go BRAGG you never go back!

Belinda
Jun 03, 2015 Belinda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book on the benefits of Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar with the Mother. Well written with tons of information about the causes of ill health. A must read for anyone that wants to take control of there wellness. "Everyone should be his own physician. We ought to assist and not force nature." ~ Voltaire
Amber
Jul 22, 2012 Amber rated it liked it
This book had a lot of good information about ACV and how I should be taking it for my health issues. It is easy to incorporate into your diet and I have noticed less muscle and joint pain.

This is a smaller book and a quick read. Great stuff.

Heidi
Apr 10, 2016 Heidi rated it it was amazing
This is a very interesting book.

Very well written and well organized.

Ridiculous as it sounds, the author makes a very good case for the fact that drinking apple cider vinegar every day will probably cure 80% of the diseases in the world.
Darlene
Jun 27, 2014 Darlene rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People looking for healthy alternatives
Recommended to Darlene by: Kindle freebie
In my cabinets, you will nearly always find, Bragg's old fashioned Apple Cider Vinegar. In my fridge, Bragg's Amminos. So this book sang to the choir in this case. I merely wanted to learn more about the usefulness of AVC.

Instead, what I found was A Bragg's lifestyle commercial that included far too much of their religion rather than science,

Still, I did learn a few things and felt better about my constant love for AVC water to drink. In my own life I have seen my waist wittle, my tummy shrink.
Robyn Vines Smith
Oct 06, 2014 Robyn Vines Smith rated it it was ok
I love apple cider vinegar and I know its healing properties are astounding. I bought this book to learn more about the uses. I was disappointed that it was a rambling mess and much of it was about things like fasting and exercise instead of just a succinct set of uses for ACV. I started reading it with enthusiasm but then googled Paul Bragg and found out that he was apparently a huge liar. He lied about his age by about 15 years so that he would be able to tout his health program as being a fou ...more
Val
Jul 31, 2011 Val rated it liked it
Shelves: health
I gave this book a 3 for the content of the information, but would have given it zero stars for the quality of the writing. I'll start with that . . . this book was the most poorly written book I have ever read in my life. I was appalled at the quality (or lack thereof) of the writing, as well as the lack of organization of the information contained. The grammar and writing style seemed juvenile and downright uneducated; I can't believe someone with a PhD could produce something of such poor qua ...more
Emmy
Apr 01, 2015 Emmy rated it liked it
This "book" reads more like a large pamphlet or a bunch of old newspaper articles put together. Which is fine, the information is solid. I do not agree with the Bragg's vegetarian lifestyle (pro-grain and soy, con-meat) advocacy but their ACV has so many great uses that I will forgive them that. Worth reading, just be prepared for the massive overuse of exclamation points and some repetition.
Vyana
Jun 03, 2012 Vyana rated it did not like it
I wasn't very impressed with this book, though I have read most of the Bragg health books. ACV is represented here to be some miracle health tonic that can cure anything and do everything. It seems like much of this is related to the potassium content of the ACV, as she writes "potassium rich" multiple times throughout the book and gives descriptions of how beneficial potassium is for the body and health.

Reading the nutritional information on a bottle of Braggs ACV, the potassium content per ser
Jo
May 10, 2014 Jo rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ACV for one month so far

It all makes sense.Have been drinking the acv and raw honey for one month. My allergy symptoms are so mild in this high season. Two months will retake cholesterol numbers and review again.
Tine!
Hard not to love. Along the same lines as the stickers on Dr. Bronner's infamous castille soap products. Worth it if only for the badly Photoshopped (or collage'd, given the age) images of Dr. Bragg.
Feliznavidad
May 16, 2014 Feliznavidad rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quick but valuable read

The Braggs are trusted guides for healthy living. If your healthful regimen is wanting try this easy read for a jump start.
Jeremy Mahowald
I have to agree with other readers, while there are no doubt many benefits of ACV, this could be summarized to a single, daily, and lifelong recipe.
Alicia
Feb 25, 2015 Alicia rated it it was ok
I was just looking for some good ACV recipes. Most of this booklet is braggadocio and unhelpful.
Vickie
Feb 20, 2016 Vickie rated it it was amazing
Very informative. I learn a lot from this book.
Daylynn Foster
I have this almost every day. Good benefits!
Megan Wolfenden
Can read in a day. ACV is good for you
Stephanie
Jan 26, 2014 Stephanie rated it liked it
Good tips on the uses of ACV. However too many reviews on how ACV changed their lives instead of more information about ACV.
Katie
Jan 19, 2012 Katie rated it liked it
Picked up some interesting bits of information about what organic apple cider vinegar can do for my healthy. I don't drink the stuff but I do use it on my hair as a rinse. I use about 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar to 1 cup of water & it leaves my hair super shiny & my scalp healthy. Who would have thought to use it on your hair? The book was pretty helpful about all the different kinds of uses for the stuff.
Barb
Aug 26, 2013 Barb rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was a freebie on my Kindle. I'm glad I didn't pay for it. I am truly interested in the health benefits of vinegar. However, only a small portion of this book was actually about that. The bulk of this book is testimonials of folks who follow Paul Bragg's method of health, of which the vinegar bit only plays a small part. The title is totally misleading.
Katrina
Aug 27, 2008 Katrina rated it liked it
Recommends it for: health nuts
I've been impressed with Apple Cider Vinegar to prevent traveler's diarrhea during my research trips, so I thought I'd find out more about its other "miracle" properties. The author(s) come off as a bit overzealous, and God-fearing, which is a turn-off, but I'll probably try to incorporate more ACV into my diet anyway, just to see if it helps.
Anna
There is a lot of interesting information about the health benefits of apple cider vinegar, and also many other uses (for your body, cleaning, etc). Only 3 stars due to the overuse of the phrase, "God and Mother Nature" and way too many exclamation marks. But I'd still recommend reading. It only took a couple of hours to finish.
Debra
May 09, 2013 Debra rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, ebook
Never had any idea how many uses/benefits you can get from apple cider vinegar. I now take a dose with honey every day. Of course, the author's want you to buy the Bragg's brand, which I do. Therefore, sometimes the book seems like a big advertisement for their product, so that can be a bit annoying.
Lucie Miller
Oct 04, 2013 Lucie Miller rated it did not like it
This book is ridiculous. It's poorly written and many of the "facts" are false or just made up. I know that apple cider vinegar does benefit the health if taken daily but this book has no real evidence to prove so. I prefer to just look up facts on apple cider vinegar online.
Pamela
Jul 24, 2012 Pamela rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A little over the top for me. I was interested in the testimonials from people using the drink of ACV, honey and water 3 times a day and may possibly try it, but we'll see. This book is pretty spiritual, just so you know.
Lakesha Heath
Oct 04, 2008 Lakesha Heath rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
when you are trying to heal your body, this is a great book to buy. it was wonderful. i knew my grandma knew so much that we need to know
  • Eating in the Raw: A Beginner's Guide to Getting Slimmer, Feeling Healthier, and Looking Younger the Raw-Food Way
  • The pH Miracle for Weight Loss: Balance Your Body Chemistry, Achieve Your Ideal Weight
  • The McDougall Program: 12 Days to Dynamic Health
  • Juice Fasting and Detoxification: Use the Healing Power of Fresh Juice to Feel Young and Look Great
  • Staying Healthy with the Seasons: 21st-Century Edition
  • Digestive Wellness: How to Strengthen the Immune System and Prevent Disease Through Healthy Digestion
  • Baking Soda: Over 500 Fabulous, Fun, and Frugal Uses You've Probably Never Thought Of
  • The Doctors Book of Food Remedies: The Latest Findings on the Power of Food to Treat and Prevent Health Problems - From Aging and Diabetes to Ulcers and Yeast Infections
  • Raw Family
  • Juiceman's Power of Juicing
  • The Great Physician's Rx for Health and Wellness
  • Sugar Busters! Cut Sugar to Trim Fat
  • The 150 Healthiest Foods on Earth: The Surprising, Unbiased Truth about What You Should Eat and Why
  • Touching: The Human Significance of the Skin
  • The Gerson Therapy: The Amazing Nutritional Program for Cancer and Other Illnesses
  • The Art of Sensual Massage
  • Mastering the Zone: The Next Step in Achieving SuperHealth and Permanent Fat Loss
  • Superfoods: The Food and Medicine of the Future
Paul Chappius Bragg - nutritionist, was a pioneer in America’s wellness movement.
More about Paul Bragg...

“Man is the sole and absolute master of his own fate forever. What he has sown in the times of his ignorance, he must inevitably reap; when he attains enlightenment, it is for him to sow what he chooses and reap accordingly. – Geraldine Coster” 1 likes