Start by marking “Random Precision: Recording the Music of Syd Barrett 1965-1974” as Want to Read:
Random Precision: Recording the Music of Syd Barrett 1965-1974

Random Precision: Recording the Music of Syd Barrett 1965-1974

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  4 reviews
Presenting the full details of the rock legend's intimate recording sessions—from his first semi-professional recordings with Pink Floyd in 1965 up to his last abandoned solo recordings at Abbey Road in 1974, this comprehensive account providesrare insight into Syd Barrett's unique musical legacy.Featuring exclusive interviews with many of the recording producers and engin ...more
Published July 1st 2001 by Cherry Red Books

To ask other readers questions about Random Precision, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Random Precision

For obsessive fans of Syd Barrett this is both an engrossing read and good reference. For new Barrettomanes or perhaps those seeking to know and understand more about Syd Barrett, this book is probably not a good first stop, any of several biographies doing the trick in a more accessible format.

This book lists the known performances and recording sessions by Syd Barrett (with some speculation, when it comes to the recording of Pink Floyd's second album). In addition to this a steady dose of inte
Good GOD, this is pretty fantastic! Another fan-only, but this thing REALLY nails SYD BARRETT's life as an icon, singer/songwriter, genius. It painstakingly details his recording process, practically song-by-song. Gives you insight that even "Inside Out" doesn't provide. The amazing stories of his life post-FLOYD never interested me until I read this.
A great book about the recording career of Syd Barrett. Much like "The Complete Beatles Recording Sessions" it's based on studio notes, giving the reader an insider's point of view. A must read for any Syd Barrett fan.
Paolo Guiducci
Simply the most accurate and complete book about Syd Barrett recordings. A must have for fans.
Nancy added it
May 27, 2014
Ham Esmaeilpour
Ham Esmaeilpour marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2013
Brian marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2013
Eddie marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2013
Matt marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2013
Laura marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2013
Jeremy Stewart
Jeremy Stewart marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2012
Zee A
Zee A marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2012
I Tell the Truth (The Best Me I Can Be) I Accept You as You Are! I show respect (The Best Me I can Be) I Can Cooperate! (The Best Me I Can Be) I am Responsible! (The Best Me I Can Be)