Start by marking “Wiring Simplified” as Want to Read:
Wiring Simplified

Wiring Simplified

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Wiring Simplifieds long popularity comes because it is kept up-to-date and is written in clear, easy-to-understand language that is simple enough for the beginner to follow, with technical accuracy that satisfies both professioanl electricians and teachers and vocational schools.
Detailed instructions explain how to do a complete, safe wiring installation in a new home an
Paperback, 38th edition, 184 pages
Published October 1st 1995 by Park Publishing (WI) (first published January 1st 1978)

To ask other readers questions about Wiring Simplified, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wiring Simplified

Robert Monk
The best book I have read about electricity in U.S. buildings. This book got me started and constitutes the fundamental training text for anyone working with me. Not glossy with big photograph-covered pages, but the illustrations are enough and the text is 1000x more valuable than what's in glossy Home Improvement Store texts (although you can buy this at some Home Improvement stores).

Buy this, and the Klein cable/wire combo stripper tool before installing more than a single location in any DIY
Nov 08, 2012 Miles marked it as reference  ·  review of another edition

This book has been written for the man who wants to learn how to install electrical wiring, so that the finished job will be both practical and safe. The installation will comply with the National Electrical Code. Then the finished job will be acceptable to electrical inspectors, power companies, and others having juris-
diction in the matter. Electrical wiring cannot be learned by skimming through this or any other book for 15 minutes, b
East Bay J
This is a great book for anyone who wants to tackle the job of wiring or re-wiring their home. It starts with safety practices and covers everything you need to know, though you may find yourself needing to consult additional resources to get all the information you need. The first Wiring Simplified was published in 1932 and the various authors, through the years, have maintained good practice in wiring and installation while updating each edition to current NEC standards and specifications. I'd ...more
Apr 04, 2007 Adam rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who own old houses

So I purchased this old house with kind of funny wiring - GFCIs where they're sort of superfluous and non-tripping GFCIs where they are not needed, hot wire in the wrong place, the mysterious second panel - and my dad recommended I pick up this book. I ordered it from my wife's bookstore and have been looking through it. It is an excellent resource. I am relatively comfortable with DIY projects, but with electricity there is always that fear that I might somehow wire the utility feed directly to
This book, in it's 43rd edition(!), walks you through various wiring projects and considerations with information from the 2011 electrical code. This will be our main reference material as we go to wire our house, and if anybody is considering any electrical project, this book seems like the one to have at your side.
L. Duhigg
Liked this book. I rewired and installed new wiring to code.
James Russell
James Russell marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2015
Ragavendrakamath marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2015
Analise Kite
Analise Kite marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2015
Andrea marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Daniel G. Noble
Daniel G. Noble is currently reading it
Jul 17, 2015
Jorge Romero
Jorge Romero marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Graig added it
Jan 19, 2015
Cary Whitney
Cary Whitney marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015