Start by marking “Wiring Simplified” as Want to Read:
Wiring Simplified

Wiring Simplified

Wiring Simplifieds long popularity comes because it is kept up-to-date and is written in clear, easy-to-understand language that is simple enough for the beginner to follow, with technical accuracy that satisfies both professioanl electricians and teachers and vocational schools.
Detailed instructions explain how to do a complete, safe wiring installation in a new home an
Paperback, 38th edition, 184 pages
Published October 1st 1995 by Park Publishing (WI) (first published January 1st 1978)

To ask other readers questions about Wiring Simplified, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wiring Simplified

Natosha
Jul 12, 2017 Natosha rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a wonderful guide book, Wiring Simplified by Frederic P Hartwell, Herbert P. Richter, and W.C. Schwan! Of course, it's full of up-to-date information, being the 45th edition. This book is packed with guidance to lamps, fire alarms, and many other households electrically wired installments. You really can't go wrong when you have this accompanying you in fixing or replacing. It's a lifesaver!

There are tips to prevent any accidents, well more like safe guidance that you need to do when re
Robert Monk
May 17, 2011 Robert Monk rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The best book I have read about electricity in U.S. buildings. This book got me started and constitutes the fundamental training text for anyone working with me. Not glossy with big photograph-covered pages, but the illustrations are enough and the text is 1000x more valuable than what's in glossy Home Improvement Store texts (although you can buy this at some Home Improvement stores).

Buy this, and the Klein cable/wire combo stripper tool before installing more than a single location in any DIY
Charles
Oct 16, 2016 Charles rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have gradually come to realize the limitations of the Internet for providing information on technical subjects. Yes, a vast volume of information is available for free. But there is so much chaff that often it is hard to find accurate answers. When and if you do find accurate answers, they are surrounded by a cloud of invasive ads and other devices meant to distract you, which have the effect of making it difficult to view and comprehend the information as a whole (not to mention the constant ...more
Miles
Nov 08, 2012 Miles marked it as reference  ·  review of another edition

I COULD NOT WRITE A BETTER REVIEW THAN THE AUTHOR:
PREFACE
This book has been written for the man who wants to learn how to install electrical wiring, so that the finished job will be both practical and safe. The installation will comply with the National Electrical Code. Then the finished job will be acceptable to electrical inspectors, power companies, and others having juris-
diction in the matter. Electrical wiring cannot be learned by skimming through this or any other book for 15 minutes, b
Adam
Apr 04, 2007 Adam rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who own old houses

So I purchased this old house with kind of funny wiring - GFCIs where they're sort of superfluous and non-tripping GFCIs where they are not needed, hot wire in the wrong place, the mysterious second panel - and my dad recommended I pick up this book. I ordered it from my wife's bookstore and have been looking through it. It is an excellent resource. I am relatively comfortable with DIY projects, but with electricity there is always that fear that I might somehow wire the utility feed directly to
East Bay J
This is a great book for anyone who wants to tackle the job of wiring or re-wiring their home. It starts with safety practices and covers everything you need to know, though you may find yourself needing to consult additional resources to get all the information you need. The first Wiring Simplified was published in 1932 and the various authors, through the years, have maintained good practice in wiring and installation while updating each edition to current NEC standards and specifications. I'd ...more
Jonathan
This book, in it's 43rd edition(!), walks you through various wiring projects and considerations with information from the 2011 electrical code. This will be our main reference material as we go to wire our house, and if anybody is considering any electrical project, this book seems like the one to have at your side.
L. Duhigg
May 05, 2013 L. Duhigg rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Liked this book. I rewired and installed new wiring to code.
Thomas S. Price
Thomas S. Price rated it really liked it
Dec 01, 2015
Ian
Ian rated it really liked it
Jan 11, 2014
Jonathan Holzer
Jonathan Holzer rated it it was amazing
Apr 15, 2016
Roy F
Roy F rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2014
Clayton Skillings
Clayton Skillings rated it it was amazing
Oct 22, 2016
Ian
Ian rated it liked it
Jan 11, 2014
Philip Zhong
Philip Zhong rated it it was ok
Nov 13, 2015
Stefan
Stefan rated it liked it
Jun 13, 2013
leonard j. estes
leonard j. estes rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2013
Sarah rated it liked it
Nov 10, 2016
James
James rated it liked it
Mar 25, 2012
Smokie Lee
Smokie Lee rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2015
Peter Laughingwolf
Peter Laughingwolf rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2014
Josh
Josh rated it liked it
Jan 16, 2017
Paul
Paul rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2017
Blz100
Blz100 rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2012
Saurabh
Saurabh rated it it was amazing
Mar 24, 2009
Heather Gallagher
Heather Gallagher rated it really liked it
Jan 31, 2017
Steven M Allison
Steven M Allison rated it it was amazing
Dec 25, 2013
Dominick San Angelo
Dominick San Angelo rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2014
Arianna Miller
Arianna Miller rated it really liked it
Aug 24, 2016
Darkness
Darkness rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2008
Matt Earls
Matt Earls rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2008
Heather4674
Heather4674 marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2010
HardWir3d Keil
HardWir3d Keil rated it really liked it
Apr 23, 2011
Wilbert
Wilbert marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2011
Bob
Bob rated it really liked it
Dec 12, 2011
AJ
AJ rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2012
Fahad
Fahad marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2012
Curtis
Curtis added it
May 27, 2012
Jim
Jim rated it it was amazing
Jul 04, 2012
David Piper
David Piper rated it really liked it
Aug 11, 2012
Kendall
Kendall rated it really liked it
Aug 18, 2012
Jake
Jake rated it it was amazing
Aug 28, 2012
Sajid Iqbal
Sajid Iqbal marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2012
James
James marked it as to-read
Nov 13, 2012
Shawn
Shawn marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2012
Ananthula Shekar
Ananthula Shekar marked it as to-read
Dec 26, 2012
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Jan 19, 2013
Bolbol Falcon
Bolbol Falcon marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2013
Geeta
Geeta added it
Mar 29, 2013
Mohamed Mohamadbe.ah
Mohamed Mohamadbe.ah marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2013
Julio
Julio marked it as to-read
Apr 17, 2013
Kevin
Kevin added it
Jun 12, 2013
Nickel
Nickel rated it it was amazing
Sep 08, 2013
Jon
Jon marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2013
Nathaniel Grotte
Nathaniel Grotte rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2013